Florida man owes $10,000 for child who's not his

Old July 12th 07, 11:38 PM posted to alt.child-support
ValveJob

Default Florida man owes $10,000 for child who's not his

Plus he owes 305 per month till the kid reaches majority.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/11/pat...ses/index.html

We have about the same law here in Texas. The DNA doesn't get you
out of paying child support.

You have to weigh the rights of kids to have a parent against the guy
who just happened to be in the wrong place....

Old July 13th 07, 01:17 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"ValveJob" wrote in message
Plus he owes 305 per month till the kid reaches majority.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/11/pat...ses/index.html

We have about the same law here in Texas. The DNA doesn't get you
out of paying child support.

You have to weigh the rights of kids to have a parent against the guy
who just happened to be in the wrong place....

I have always had a problem with these paternity decisions. First the
bureaucrats state the father missed the statutory deadline for challenging
paternity. Then they recite the law that says after the deadline paternity
can be challenged for fraud, duress, or material mistake of facts. Then
they claim a negative DNA test does not relieve a non-bio father from paying
CS.

I guess I don't understand what they are saying. To my way of thinking a
negative DNA test demonstrates a mistake of fact. And so far I an tell it
is material since it has a direct impact on the case outcome. All the junk
about the child needing CS is a BS emotional argument filled with pretzel
logic to overcome the material mistake of fact language in the law.

Old July 13th 07, 04:40 PM posted to alt.child-support
Kenneth S.

"ValveJob" wrote in message
Plus he owes 305 per month till the kid reaches majority.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/11/pat...ses/index.html

We have about the same law here in Texas. The DNA doesn't get you
out of paying child support.

You have to weigh the rights of kids to have a parent against the guy
who just happened to be in the wrong place....

I don't understand ValveJob's point above.

A kid in this situation DOES have a parent -- or rather a father. It's
just that the father is not paying money to the mother; some other guy is.
How likely is it that a man will have a continuing relationship with a child
if he finds that he is being forced to pay money to a woman who has
fraudulently convinced him that he is the father of the child? The law
doesn't force these men to have paternal-like relationships with the
children. All it does is force them to pay money to the woman who has
deceived them.