trying for a girl

Old July 3rd 07, 08:22 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
happy

Default trying for a girl

we're ttc and I'd really like a girl. Yes I know of course I'll love
whatever I get, but no harm in trying hey? Well from what I understand the
boy sperms are the super efficient ones but they don't last long whereas the
girl sperms are more durable so they can hang around. So basically if we
have sex and then I ovulate not long afterwards then quite possibly girl
sperms will still be hanging around (how long for - days? hours?) and it's a
good chance it will be a girl. But if we have sex when i ovulate it will
probably be a boy - right? Now I realise of course this is all pretty
simplistic and if it worked quite like this then everyone could be planning
and having what they want, but is this the basic idea? I guess what I'm
wondering is if it is worth trying continually right up to when I'm due to
ovulate and then stopping straight away.
Also, going on mucous etc (sorry if tmi) is it a fair bet that when it's all
sticky and clear thats when it's the full process of ovulating?

Old July 3rd 07, 04:40 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

You need to get the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler.
It explains really well about the eggwhite mucus and ovulation, etc.
Basically, while you are gearing UP to ovulate, your body makes lots of
mucus. Technically speaking, you ovulate on that last day of mucus, but you
normally won't know which is the last day until you've stopped seeing mucus.
If you keep track of your mucus days for a while, you may find that you
always have 5 days of good eggwhite mucus. In that case, you'd be ovulating
on the 5th day.

They say that "girl" sperm are marathoners, and can live for days, while
"boy" sperm are sprinters and die off pretty quickly. So the general idea
is to have sex early on during your mucus days, say, for the first 2-3 days
of mucus, then stop. That will allow most of the "boy" sperm to rush up to
the tubes and then die off without finding an egg (since she hasn't popped
yet), while the "girl" sperm take their time and then hang out up there,
waiting for the egg. When you ovulate a day or two later, they'll be
waiting for her, and supposedly your chances for a girl should be higher.
Of course there will always be some rogue "boy" sperm up there who have
survived and may get into that egg before the "girl" sperm, but you've
supposedly increased your chances.

The biggest risk to this method is that you may take longer to conceive,
since your best chances of conceiving are by having sex on the day that you
ovulate. But "longer" is a relative term, and it may depend on how old you
are. It may take you and extra cycle or two, or an extra 6 months or two.
You just don't know.

If you are trying for your first, and are young and have no reason to think
that you may have fertility issues, then go ahead and try for a girl. If
you are older or think that you may have issues, you could try this method
for 6 months, and if you haven't conceived, switch to the standard timing of
having sex at ovulation.

Good luck.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old July 3rd 07, 05:03 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
CY

See if you can pick up the bookcalled How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby by
Settles. There are lots of things that can influence gender including
position and whether or not your husband drinks coffee right before sex!
It's not an exact science and Settles doesn't claim 100% accurancy but it
worked both times for us and now we have a boy and a girl

Happy ttc!

CY

Old July 4th 07, 02:53 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
luka

On Jul 3, 10:22 am, "happy" type something here wrote:
[...]

Hi,

I have great experience in this as an owner of commercial baby site, I
suggest
you:
-have sexual intercourse 1-2 days before ovulating
-while haveing sexual intercourse you will be on the bottom & your
husband on top, giving more chances to chromosome x cells (which are
female cells)
- wash the female organ with vinegar merged with water

This will assist

All the best
Uri
a href="http://www.babysupply.info"Baby Gifts, Baby Shower & More /

Old July 12th 07, 07:21 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Larry Mcmahan

In article , "happy" type something here
says...
[...]

Dear Happy,
You have gotten some good book suggestions on how to do this.
Basically, if you can learn to estimate when you ovulate accurately,
you can have sex 5 days and then again 3 days before ovulation, then
stop. This will give you the maximum number of long lived sperm.
In addition, there are other things you can do to ensure the maximum
number of sperm, such as holding you legs in the air, or not withdrawing
for 20 minutes after you finish.

good luck TTC,
Larry

The foster mother of a 16-month-old girl who died less than a monthafter she was placed in the home spoke to her husband at work "seven or eighttimes" before calling 911 on the morning the girl collapsed, a detectivetestified Tuesday fx Spanking 0 April 18th 07 03:06 PM
The foster mother of a 16-month-old girl who died less than a monthafter she was placed in the home spoke to her husband at work "seven or eighttimes" before calling 911 on the morning the girl collapsed, a detectivetestified Tuesday fx Foster Parents 0 April 18th 07 03:06 PM
Girl needs a name Angela Schepers Pregnancy 14 December 11th 03 11:48 AM
It's a GIRL! Coccinella Pregnancy 25 November 11th 03 06:32 PM
boy or girl? - new one Carola Nicoli Pregnancy 3 November 7th 03 08:21 PM