Vomiting

Old November 10th 06, 11:20 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
CY

Default Vomiting

I have a strange question. My DS woke up a couple of nights ago and threw
up only breastmilk. He'd had dinner several hours before he woke up so I
didn't think much of it. He threw up several times for the rest of the
night, and woke up vomiting at 7am, after which we got up. He seemed
hungry, I gave him crackers and other bland foods for the rest of the day.
He fell asleep in the car at Noon and when he was waking up for his nap he
nursed for about 10 minutes. About 20 minutes after this (long for him)
nursing session he threw up again, after having not done so ALL day until
that point. He had no fever and hasn't seemed sick at all. The next time
he vomited was at midnighht after having nursed to sleep around 10pm. This
all started me thinking that something about my breastmilk was causing this
vomiting.

Now, DD nursed this morning for a long time, and now SHE'S vomiting. She
hasn't nursed for a few days so now I am totally paranoid. I dont feel sick
at all, though I'm a bit nervous that I ate bagged spinach the night all
this started - is it possible I could have caght e-coli or something and be
immune to it, but passing it on to my kids?

So is it a coincidence or is my bm bad

Sorry if this is a stupid question!

CY

Old November 10th 06, 11:51 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
betsy

CY wrote:
I have a strange question. My DS woke up a couple of nights ago and threw
up only breastmilk.

Now, DD nursed this morning for a long time, and now SHE'S vomiting. She
hasn't nursed for a few days so now I am totally paranoid. I dont feel sick
at all, though I'm a bit nervous that I ate bagged spinach the night all
this started - is it possible I could have caght e-coli or something and be
immune to it, but passing it on to my kids?

So is it a coincidence or is my bm bad

It sounds like the kids have a virus. It is often harder to digest
milk products during and after a stomach virus. My kids have had a
similar situation a number of times. Even though it was very clear
that they could tolerate other foods, but not milk, even mine, they
still wanted to nurse. Our doctor once said that the comfort of
nursing probably outweighs the additional few days of illness it may
cause.

--Betsy

"bad" milk causing vomiting? V. Breastfeeding 5 May 8th 06 08:17 PM
persistent attacks of pain and vomiting after pregnancy John Dolan Pregnancy 9 March 12th 05 09:59 PM
projectile vomiting toypup General 4 April 12th 04 02:53 AM
constant vomiting Jess Pregnancy 6 January 29th 04 11:56 PM
Regular vomiting in 1 y/o (graphic) Ilse Witch General 2 September 10th 03 05:08 PM