Update - breastfeeding scrapbook page done. Come see!

Old July 26th 03, 09:53 PM
iphigenia

Default Update - breastfeeding scrapbook page done. Come see!

OK, so I did a scrapbook page on BF. After all, DS is already two, if I
don't get to it within the next year or two, it'll be too late to get
pictures! ; )

http://home.comcast.net/~tsu/breastfed.jpg

The text is small; it reads as such:

"breastfed is bestfed"
"photos are of Gabe at two years"
"human milk for human babies"

and

"I always planned to breastfeed Gabe. To do so is, after all, the hallmark
of a mammal! I soon found, though, that my favorite reasons for nursing had
more to do with emotional health than physical health.

I loved the closeness of our bond. I loved its simplicity and beauty. I
loved happy milky smiles and being able to soothe and calm any hurt or fear
in seconds. I loved the deep maternal feeling that this was the child whom I
had created and borne, and to whom I continued to give life. I learned to
love myself more because of the amazing power I had to create and sustain
another life from my own."

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old July 26th 03, 10:56 PM
Irish Marie

"iphigenia" wrote in message
OK, so I did a scrapbook page on BF. After all, DS is already two, if I
don't get to it within the next year or two, it'll be too late to get
pictures! ; )

http://home.comcast.net/~tsu/breastfed.jpg

That is a really touching breastfeeding tribute. How lovely that Gabe will
always have this to treasure.
Marie

Old July 27th 03, 01:18 AM
Emily Roysdon

iphigenia wrote:
OK, so I did a scrapbook page on BF. After all, DS is already two, if I
don't get to it within the next year or two, it'll be too late to get
pictures! ; )

http://home.comcast.net/~tsu/breastfed.jpg

That is a beautiful page! Wow :-) I never dedicated any specific pages
to breastfeeding, just added the photos in here and there. Now you've
inspired me to dust off the scrapbooks and get back to working on them.
I've really slacked off since Rebekah was born, and hers is so slim
compared to Noah's.

Thanks for sharing that!

Emily

Old July 27th 03, 02:40 AM
cloud nine

What a beautiful page!!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing it with me.

--
Sue
Mom to Benton - 26 months old