14 Month-Old Not Walking Yet & Problem With Foot?

Old November 15th 06, 08:29 AM posted to misc.kids.health
Pokee

Default 14 Month-Old Not Walking Yet & Problem With Foot?

My daughter is now 14 months old and still isn't walking. I've never
been too concerned, as she's always been HUGE (born at 10 1/2 lbs TWO
WEEKS EARLY!!!!). She's almost 30 lbs now! She crawled late, too, but
is really fast at it now. She only has TWO teeth, too! Got her first
tooth at 13 months!

Anyway, she stands by herself all the time and pushes toys, chairs, and
other furniture around the house all the time to walk. She'll walk if
you hold BOTH hands, but if you even let go of one, she'll start to CRY
- as if to say, "I can't do it by myself, you need to hold both of my
hands!!!!". I think she could walk if she had the 'courage'. Does
this sound possible? Is she just nervous to venture out on her own?

She does walk well when we hold her hands, but one of her feet kinda
points inward and drags a big on the floor sometimes. I didn't notice
it until two relatives (independantly) pointed it out. I have heard
that special shoes correct this, but I am not sure if this is a symptom
of her not walking on her own, or if her not walking on her own is not
allowing her to correct it herself.

Any input on these walking issues?

Thanks so much!
Paula

Old November 16th 06, 11:06 PM posted to misc.kids.health
Jeff

"Pokee" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Talk to your doctor. Your doctor can watch her walk and examine her. He is
in a better position to make recommendations than us.

Jeff

Old November 17th 06, 06:54 AM posted to misc.kids.health
Pokee

Jeff wrote:
"Pokee" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Yes, I already have an appointment booked. I just like to get a bit of
perspective from others who may be going through the same thing (or
have already gone through it).

Paula