Rant: Over indulgent parents strike again

Old January 9th 04, 11:32 AM
Stephen!

Default Rant: Over indulgent parents strike again

"P. Tierney" wrote in news:T3pLb.2825$sv6.10011
@attbi_s52:

Though perhaps some 13 year old kids value their time more
highly than $10. Nothing wrong with that.

No ****. You can't buy a decent piece of rock for that much.

--
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Old January 9th 04, 11:36 AM
Stephen!

Nan wrote in
news
Years of education and experience have *nothing* to do with hiring
someone to do tasks that one doesn't wish to do, or cannot do
themselves.

You are right. The military is under paid...

--
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Old January 9th 04, 11:42 AM
Stephen!

Nan wrote in
:

Actually, I have a Psych degree, Business degree, and a Journalism
degree and have owned my own housecleaning business.

All those degrees and you're still cleaning the **** stains from someone
else's toilets... congratulations...

--
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Old January 9th 04, 11:49 AM
Stephen!

Banty wrote in
:

When the father of one found that I paid a 22
year old babysitter, who sometimes does overnights, more than his 10
year old, he got mad and sent his son for 'the difference'.

A roll of Duct Tape would have been far cheaper...

--
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Old January 9th 04, 11:56 AM
Stephen!

Jon Walters wrote in news:3FFCF30F.C9E687C9
@noway.com:

About 7-8 teens (12-15) received these motor cycles/scooters
this Christmas and they ride (speed) up and down the street
and don't even use helmets!

Mount a "cow catcher" style bumper... Should prevent getting blood
stains on your windshield...

--
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Old January 9th 04, 12:07 PM
0tterbot

"Kane" wrote in message
om...
On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 00:53:52 GMT, Calgary
wrote:

Stressed is just Desserts spelled backwards

No, that would would be stressed tsuj.

"tsuj" being the Hmong Mein dialect group word, (Hmong or Mong are a
tribal people found in Thailand, Loas, Vietnam and China many of whom
have immigrated to the USA), for "silk."

"Stressed Silk" might have some meaning that I'm unaware of, but I'll
keep looking. I've heard of it in relation to painting on silk, and I
believe there is a kind of stressed silk clothing line...but of that I
cannot be sure.

Thanks for the chance to explore with you.

Sig lines are my hobby.

imagine that. i thought your hobbies were ranting and crossposting.
kylie
--
www.rdj.com.au

Old January 9th 04, 03:03 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article ,
Scott in Aztlán newsgroup wrote:
On 8 Jan 2004 07:21:05 -0800, (Cathy Weeks) wrote:

Jon Walters wrote in message ...

especially when a 13 year old
wanted $40 to shovel the snow from my sidewalk recently. I
told the kid I'll give him $10 and he walked away. Good. I'll
wait until it melts before I pay that much.

Ah, so you think just because he's 13, he ought to do it for less than
an amount that he considers worth his time?

It has nothing to do with his age. It has everything to do with his own
overinflated opinion of the value of his unskilled labor. $40 for half an hour's
work? How many years of education and experience does the typical professional
have to accumulate before he can earn $80/hour?

Who cares? He's there, and the professional isn't. The cost of
labor isn't determined by its skill, it's determined by supply and
demand. Skill requirements increase cost of labor by reducing
supply. Snowstorms increase the cost of unskilled labor by increasing
demand. If the kid went down the street and found a neighbor willing
to pay the $40, his opinion wasn't so inflated after all. If he
didn't get any takers, it was.

--
Matthew T. Russotto

of justice is no virtue." But extreme restriction of liberty in pursuit of
a modicum of security is a very expensive vice.
Old January 9th 04, 03:22 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article ,
Marijke wrote:

Really? Then you must live among some pretty horrible families. The teens
*I* know are very respectful, shovel driveways for their neighbours for
10.00 (which, in Canadian dollars is less than your 10.00) or for free.

So you treat teens as slave labor? Sounds like your families are the
horrible ones.