return of ovulation/periods? x-posted

Old July 26th 03, 12:51 AM
andrea

Default return of ovulation/periods? x-posted

I bled for 6 weeks after having Kamron, then it stopped.6 weeks is usual for
me. For the past 4 days I have had what feels like very bad period pain. In
fact I keep going to the toilet make sure I haven't come on a period!
With the first baby I bled 6 weeks, but then my periods returned as normal,
(a 28 day cycle as if nothing had happened), but with the next 3 babies my
periods didn't return until they were around 10-12 months old.

I really do feel like i'm on a period but without any bleeding, I do have
discharge similar to ovulation mucus but it is tinged yellow. Could this be
ovulation or an impending period?
Kamron does space his feeds out and he sleeps most of the night, where the
other babies fed very frequently, so maybe that has triggered things?

--
Andrea mom of -
Peter 7, Ellie 5, Alden 3, Joseph 21 mths & little munchie man Kamron 7

Old July 26th 03, 01:51 AM
Spanannie

I had this "feeling like I was going to have a period" with pain, etc.
pretty much monthly since I gave birth, but I just got my period 12.5 months
postpartum.

Annie

Old July 26th 03, 09:15 AM
Elana

I bled for about 6 weeks pp, and then at about 4 months had "af". I
have it in quotes, cause I didn't get it again until 10 months.

Old July 26th 03, 03:26 PM
teapot

"andrea" wrote in message ...
I bled for 6 weeks after having Kamron, then it stopped.6 weeks is usual for
me. For the past 4 days I have had what feels like very bad period pain. snip

I bled for 3 weeks, and have just started a vague possible period
(very slight) at almost 7 weeks after having the sprog. I'm not sure
if it is a proper period though, in fact I was going to post a
question about it but you beat me to it :-)

I thought breastfeeding stopped periods, does it mean my milk is going
to run out?

teapot
Old July 26th 03, 10:43 PM
Andrea A. Phillips

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
I thought breastfeeding stopped periods, does it mean my milk is going
to run out?

It probably just means you're unlucky. Some women resume regular
menstruation right away, whether they nurse or not, like clockwork. However,
a lot of women in this newsgroup have reported having one actual period
about 6-8 weeks postpartum, and then not again for several months (or
longer). So there's still hope for you.

Don't worry, there's an awful lot of variation within "normal" and it has
absolutely NO bearing on how much milk you have! You won't run out!

--Andrea

Old July 28th 03, 04:50 PM
H Schinske

teapot ) wrote:

I thought breastfeeding stopped periods, does it mean my milk is going
to run out?

Oh, good lord, no. I got mine back at only two months and a bit postpartum
after Peter, and he was breastfed until well past two years. Even with the
twins I got only six months off (and they breastfed a lot until 15 months or so
and didn't wean completely until 20 months).

--Helen

return of pubic bone pain Vicky Bilaniuk Pregnancy 26 August 17th 04 03:21 AM
Target's Baby Section Ted Pregnancy 17 July 15th 04 04:14 PM
Review: The Return (***) Steve Rhodes General 0 April 9th 04 12:59 AM
Review: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (****) Steve Rhodes General 1 December 11th 03 11:37 PM