Fun BF reading

Old July 26th 03, 09:36 PM
Molly Fisher

Default Fun BF reading

I just finished reading /Fresh Milk - The Secret Life of Breasts/ by
Australian author Fiona Giles. This book is a collection of stories and
short answers to a questionnaire by several moms, with some really
thought-provoking commentary by the author. It's a funny, touching,
open, and sometimes kinda weird look at breastfeeding.

Some of the questions she asked a
- What single change to the world would have made
breastfeeding easier for you? ("More acceptance of
breastfeeding in public" appears several times among
the selected answers to this one.)
- If you could buy breastmilk by the liter from the corner
store, how much would it cost?
- If breastfeeding were a place, what would it look like?

The story subjects range from one mom who chose to formula feed, one
adoptive mom who induced lactation and then BF her daughter well into
her toddler years, a mom who BF triplets, and so forth. There are
couple stories that look at the sexy aspects of BF, which surprised me
(I've always felt quite the opposite about BF, me.) There is even a
recipe for ice cream.

It's a one-week book at my library here, so I guess it's recently
published.

--
Molly
http://www.fisher-studio.com/
Old July 28th 03, 02:45 PM
kristi

Molly Fisher wrote in message ...
[...]

I just started this book and am enjoying it so far (I'm about 50 pages
in). Though it is very different than I expected. Quirky and
thought-provoking, and refreshingly honest.

Kristi