BH contractions...

Old April 6th 04, 09:51 PM
Jill

Default BH contractions...

Wow-ee, mine occasionally are starting to really hurt! The only way they
don't worry me is that they will go away when I change positions....today I
couldn't lie down on my left side, my stomach was hurting so bad. I feel the
tightness and the relaxing, and even during the relaxing my stomach feels so
crampy! I wonder if lying down TOO much can make them hurt my stomach worse?
They seem to get better if I have them while walking if I do lie down and if
I am lying and start feeling them they seem to feel better if I get up and
sit in the recliner. And I am only 34 weeks this week!! I don't really
expect to go before my due date so I have weeks more of this!!

Old April 6th 04, 11:23 PM
Carla

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:51:17 GMT, "Jill" wrote:

I wonder if lying down TOO much can make them hurt my stomach worse?

I thought this too but I have tried both. Yesterday, I was out &
about keeping myself & my mind occipied otherwise by doing alot of
errands etc and while I was out, aside from bladder pressure, I felt
fine. However, last night I felt more exhausted than I had during the
entire pregnancy. It was nice to have a break from it during the day
but I almost fell alseep in the shower I was so tired.

They seem to get better if I have them while walking if I do lie down and if
I am lying and start feeling them they seem to feel better if I get up and
sit in the recliner.

I can't sit in *any reclined* position without feeling horrible
pressure on my bladder. I have to sit so straight up sometimes I feel
like a dork -- especially in the car.

And I am only 34 weeks this week!! I don't really
expect to go before my due date so I have weeks more of this!!

I'm actually in pretty much the same boat (mid 35th week) with my
first so I obviously don't have anything to compare it to but
according to the childbirth classes, these type of contractions (bh)
along with their -strength & frequency seem to be 'normal' to me.

I didn't know what to expect from the classes but they were really
great -- they made me feel like what all was going on was normal as
well as prepared me for what was not.

Have you been to yours yet? If not, I think you'll feel better
afterwards.

Carla
#1 EDD 5/14/04
Old April 7th 04, 02:03 AM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Jill wrote:

crampy! I wonder if lying down TOO much can make them hurt my stomach worse?

I've found that when my stomach is tight from a contraction, I am more
apt to pull muscles in certain positions. If I try lifting a leg the
wrong way while my tummy is tight I will feel muscles pulling in my
crotch. Same if I'm lying down on my side and my belly is unsupported,
muscles will feel like they are stretching painfully.

Old April 7th 04, 05:02 AM
Christine

I have to sit so straight up sometimes I
feel like a dork -- especially in the car.

LMAO.....me too.....lol....