He's Here

Old June 6th 05, 05:59 PM
Jennifer Howe

Default He's Here

Hello all

Thought I'd tell you all my birth story for Alexander. We got at the
hospital a 1/2 hour early I had reflux and acid coming up badly from my
nerves from all the needles and such, plus I was very very excited. I had
to do the routine fill this out now and fill this stack out later. at noon
they took me back into the OR but the special nursery had a issue with a
baby that was born right before mine was about to come. They had to tube
and put in a central line. I guess the lungs just weren't really ready yet.
Anyway back to me so I ended up sitting in a cold OR for almost an hour
before they start surgery. The anastegialogist rapped me up wtih 2
blankets. at that point we waited for what seemed like for every. Finally
everyone was ready so they gave me my spinal block and laid me down on the
table. I had 2 docs for this surgery one on my right and one on my left.
anyway they got done it fairly quickly. The only thing that bothered me was
the pressure from them pressing on my stomach and such. They next showed
him to me over the curtain and there he was he looked so tiny. While they
were finishing up by tying my tubes and closing me up and such they were
cleaning him up and so forth. About 2 hours after the surgery they brought
him in to see me. He is so adorable. I will have pictures up soon on the
website that everyone else tells everyone to look at, they took those
yesterday. Well starting to get a bit tired here so going to go take a nap
myself while he is sleeping.

Weight 7lbs 12.9oz
Height 20 1/2 inches

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03
Alexander 6/4/05

Old June 6th 05, 06:09 PM
L.A.

Congratulations, Jennifer...and welcome Alexander. Hope he's a good
boy for his recovering Mama! What does Ariana think of him?

L.A.

Old June 6th 05, 09:11 PM
Melania

Jennifer Howe wrote:
[...]

Congrats Jennifer!

Welcome baby Alexander - looking forward to the pictures!

Melania

Old June 6th 05, 09:31 PM
Leslie

Congratulations and welcome to little Alexander!

Leslie

Old June 6th 05, 10:02 PM
sharalyns

Congrats and welcome to Baby Alexander! Can't wait ot see photos!

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Old June 7th 05, 09:56 AM
Chookie

Congratulations! I love your children's names!

Best wishes for a quick recovery too.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.
Old June 7th 05, 11:27 PM
camandshane

Congratulations Jennifer!

I hope you recover from the surgery fast :-)

Camille
#2 EDD Feb 06

Old June 8th 05, 09:07 AM
KC

Congratulations!!

KC

Old June 12th 05, 06:40 PM
Anne Rogers

congratulations Jennifer

Anne

Old June 18th 05, 06:56 PM
carl jones

"Jennifer Howe" wrote in message
k.net...
Hello all

him in to see me. He is so adorable. I will have pictures up soon on the
website that everyone else tells everyone to look at, they took those
yesterday. Well starting to get a bit tired here so going to go take a
nap
myself while he is sleeping.

Congratulations. I was midly disturbed by the fact that they brought him to
see you two hours after the surgery. You should have been encouraged to stay
together. Cesarean surgery is traumatic - what a way to begin motherhood! -
and being together during the first precious few minutes and hours can
reduce the trauma. Did your partner attend the surgery? He could have held
the baby for you!

Anyway, I hope you had an easy recovery....though I know it is never easy to
recover from cesarean birth.

Carl