A second chance !?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 15th 07, 01:26 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
miri

Default A second chance !?

Well, lifes sorted itself out here at last...I hope.
Guess whos back? well, not back to live, and after
telling me that he still wants to find that special
someone, "me,me?" I ask impatiently "no, but we
can still be great together!" he says. Am I a fool?
after 6 bleedin years no, not in the slightest, I've just
got to get used to the fact that he's happy without the
responsibility, he likes his own place, he likes his
freedom and his friends and hes told me not to say
anything to anyone. I've got so used to being without
another adult in the house I'd go bonkers. I've gotten
used to my tv programmes, wearing sloppy pants and
slouching about with my old coffee mug with stains on
it. Hey! I'm convenient! and I'm happy about that....for
the time being, it was a lovely cuddle and we never
argued. The birds sang, the rain fell in twinkling droplets
and the kiddies were happy he was home.

The only way I think we could get it together and live in
the same place would be by both selling everything we
had and making a fresh start. That ain't never, and I mean
never going to happen. I'm not his girlfriend, neither am his
wife, hey ! I'm his slag! and should I have asked for him to
leave a tenner on the sideboard after his beans on toast on
his way out my door? or ever ask if he'll he be around next
Tuesday at 7:00?

Talking of second chances seriously again. I was upset that
its taken so damned long, hes always known he had first
choice there, that I really wanted more family, and more
children around, you know when you get older its something
we could look forwards together. Now I've hit an age its never
ever going to be possible.

My dating experiences have been last, really fraught. I really
truely, madly and deeply wanted a large family, I was never so
happy as I was with my kids. There are a lot of people who only
want the fun out of a relationship, and no children. Should we
have two sorts of dating agencies for the single parents who
want to start anew? one for those model agencies "I'm not sure
cos I've just split up and I'm feeling really shaky" and the other
for
"I'm divorcing, I don't want to go to town or raise hell all I want to
do is get along with having a family" sort of thing?

miri