Singleton after Twins

Old March 2nd 05, 05:00 PM
Crystal Dreamer

Default Singleton after Twins

Our twins are 7 months old, and I am 10 weeks pregnant. So, if all goes
well, the boys will be just over a year old when the new baby arrives. For
those of you who had a singleton after having twins, did you find that
having just 1 baby was a breeze?

--
-Lisa
Due September 2005

Old March 3rd 05, 02:06 AM
Nick Theodorakis

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:00:05 -0600, "Crystal Dreamer"
wrote:

Our twins are 7 months old, and I am 10 weeks pregnant. So, if all goes
well, the boys will be just over a year old when the new baby arrives. For
those of you who had a singleton after having twins, did you find that
having just 1 baby was a breeze?

That was pretty much true for us, but our twins were almost 3 when our
singleton was born, so they were getting to a much easier age as well.
Two other things made it easier. First, we were much more experienced.
Second, our singleton boy was just a much "easier" baby than the girls
were; the twins were somewhat colicky for awhile, and he was pretty
happy most of the time, and started sleeping through the night lot
earlier.

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis

contact form:
http://theodorakis.net/contact.html
Old March 4th 05, 09:20 AM
Jennifer in Maryland

"Crystal Dreamer" wrote in message
Our twins are 7 months old, and I am 10 weeks pregnant. So, if all goes
well, the boys will be just over a year old when the new baby arrives.

For
those of you who had a singleton after having twins, did you find that
having just 1 baby was a breeze?

Yes. :-D

But similar to what Nick had with his children, we had a significant age
difference between our twins and our singleton. Our twins were 9 days short
of turning 4 years old when our singleton was born.

So I think there will be a lot of hard parts for you in your situation, as
in three in diapers, three actual toddlers/preschoolers and the like. But I
think the "easy" part will come in *not* having it be twins again, if you
know what I mean! And I think there's a benefit to "getting it all over
with" at once, as far as diapering/feeding/strollers/baby bags.

Jenny

Old March 11th 05, 02:25 PM

Yes, it's easier. Our twinkies were 2 and a half when the new guy came.
Now that he's just turned one[sort of--has was born Feb 29, so he
technically didn't have a birthday this year, but I digress], and been
walking for several weeks, it's pretty demanding, because they're all
still pretty young and high maintenance. But the one newborn baby was
much easier.

Congratulations!

B/G twins here Janine Twins & Triplets 1 May 19th 04 03:43 PM
Friend pregnant with twins in hospital :( Jill Pregnancy 6 February 2nd 04 08:15 PM
We're Having Boy/Girl Twins Meg Twins & Triplets 38 November 29th 03 07:37 AM
Woman of 58 gives birth to twins after successful IVF treatment [email protected] Pregnancy 10 July 23rd 03 08:18 AM
AP: Study Shows Fraternal Twins Can Share Placenta Nick Theodorakis Twins & Triplets 1 July 14th 03 05:49 AM