deodorant

Old September 15th 04, 07:40 PM
The Huwe Family

After reading the book "Are you there God, it's me Margaret" by Judy Bloom
(I think was the book) I worried that I would be late. But had mine by the
time I was 11. My mom said I was early. But I had a friend in the 4th
grade that told me that she had her period. She asked me if I had Periods,
and I told her yes. Of course I didn't know what she was talking about and
assumed that she was talking about school periods. (What a dumb question
) Ha ha.

"m.ackerman" wrote in message
I sure can see about the milk but girls have always had early periods.

When
I talk to other women friends inevitably there would be two or three who
started at the same age I did which was at 10.5. Now this was in the 60's
so it has always been there it's just that as parents I don't think we are
quiet as prepared for a 4th grader to be size 36A bra and shaving legs to
boot. My ped said girls generally follow their moms. Poor Kathleen!

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95

"Toby" wrote in message
om...
Just a thought.....

A friend of mine had a child who began having body odor at age six!
She was concerned about this and took her to the ped. He asked how
much milk she drank and it turns out this is all that the child drank.
No water. No juice. Milk 24/7. He said that there are hormones in
the milk and to cut back on the intake. Sure enough, within four
weeks, the body odor just about disappeared.

So I guess that makes sense. Hormones in milk = early development=
all the fun stuff that comes along with early development. I guess
this is why we are seeing girls getting periods in fourth grade these
days.

And here I though milk was good for you.

Toby