Father's fury at support delay Agency blasted for favouring mothersover fathers after computer glitch in processing claim

Old January 20th 04, 11:58 AM
HateFeminism

Default Father's fury at support delay Agency blasted for favouring mothersover fathers after computer glitch in processing claim

Philip Lewis wrote:

Sounds like they have a feminist computer programmer!
Phil
http://www.highland-news.co.uk/news.asp?storyvar=8761

Father's fury at support delay Agency blasted for favouring
mothers over fathers after computer glitch in processing claim
By Claire Doughty

ASINGLE dad has been left without child maintenance cash from his
estranged working wife because of a computer glitch at the Child
Support Agency.

Christopher MacDonald (40) feared that the agency was playing a
double standards game because it was a father who was trying to
claim maintenance and not a mother.

But his problems would appear to much more high-tech.

Mr MacDonald, of Smithton Villas, Inverness, was left wondering
why the money he is entitled to from his wife was being delayed -
especially when, he says, the CSA was quick enough to take money
from him while their son was staying with his mother.

What angered him more was that he was left believing that single
mothers are given preferential treatment when, he says, he was
told by a CSA officer, "mothers have more rights than fathers".

He explained: "I feel I am hitting my head against a brick wall
with the CSA. I am at a loss as to what to do.

"I was told (by the CSA) that there were some computer problems,
but I was also told that they would not process a claim against
my wife, who has two jobs, until she surrenders the family
allowance book.

"The CSA told me that fathers looking after a child did not have
the same rights as a mother. It made me feel small when they said
that to me.

****ing government-employed femroid bitches/*******s.

"...first up against the wall when the revolution comes...."

"It seems women can get away with more from the CSA than a man
can, " Mr MacDonald claimed.

"They said that it is not usual for the child to stay with the
father and that they normally live with the mothers.

"I am trying to provide for my son and an absentee parent should
always pay for children too."

Mr MacDonald, who also has an 18-year-old daughter Kayleigh,
split from his wife last May and she moved out.

His 12-year-old son lived with his mother for three weeks, but
then moved back to the family home to be with his dad and has
been there ever since.

However, Mr MacDonald is even more cross at the government body
as he was forced to pay money to his wife, when their son lived
with her.

He said: "When she first moved out, our son went to live with her
and she claimed for me to pay maintenance.

"I filled in the forms straight away, but by the time the
payments were due for me to be made, my son had already moved
back home with me.

"However, I was told by the CSA I would have to pay £135 which
covers a month and then counter claim it. So I paid it.

"It took just four or five weeks for money to be taken from me,
but I am still waiting months later.

"Since then, even though my son is with me, I have had more
demands for money.

"They said that when a woman claims, it is taken for granted that
the child stays with her. When a child lives with the father, it
is more complicated.

"It is just so wrong that mothers and fathers are treated so
differently."

A CSA spokeswoman denied that the organisation treated fathers
differently to mothers and said that this was not the reason for
the delay.

She added: "Sometimes cases take slightly longer than others,
especially in cases where children change who they are living
with.

"We have also been having some computer problems which we are
working hard to sort out.

"We have to find out who has the family allowance book because
normally the person who has that has the child. However, we
understand that that is not always the case and that should not
halt proceedings."

Angry dad Christopher MacDonald with the letters he has received
from the CSA.

First published: 1/16/2004