Spanked by gtrandparents

Old May 23rd 06, 11:13 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Spanked by gtrandparents

Ive read this website that was provided by another poster in this
group. The website says, among other things, that lots of people
recall their grandparents spanking them even if
their parents never did. How can grandparents spank? How can they be
allowed to? Especially if the parents dont.

Old May 24th 06, 12:17 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Because in the US, spanking is legal by family members, unless they are
designated as foster parents. There is variation state to state
regarding grandparent's right to spank over the parents wishes, but this
is very hard to enforce.

Sucks, doesn't it?

LaVonne

Old May 24th 06, 01:52 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Um, please elaborate on what varies
from state to state about the grandparents
needing the parents approval?

US Troxel v. Granville would say that the grandparents have NO such
rights unless
the parents give their permission.

Grandparents DO NOT have a right to try to USURP or overrule the rights
of the parents.
This has partly motivated huge numbers of
grandparents to falsely report parents of
child abuse in order to gain power and leverage.

Arizona with it's huge elderly population
actually discovered a huge percentage of
reports from senior citizens have to be
immediately screened out because they
call in the stupidest non-issues as if they
are abuse or neglest.

Some are downright SENILE!

Somewhere around the hotlines in some
states there are lists of the contenders
for the STUPIDEST complaints that were
ever called in. I'd love to read it!

CPS agencies likely wouldn't want me to see such a list.

Old May 24th 06, 04:00 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Greegor wrote:
Um, please elaborate on what varies
from state to state about the grandparents
needing the parents approval?

US Troxel v. Granville would say that the grandparents have NO such
rights unless
the parents give their permission.

Grandparents DO NOT have a right to try to USURP or overrule the rights
of the parents.

People have the right to "try" anything, Greegor. The question is as you
point out in the former paragraph. But you misunderstand T v G. It was
not about spanking.

You try to extrapolate from the specific to the general. Not all
specifics apply to all other cases. Life is like that.

This has partly motivated huge numbers of
grandparents to falsely report parents of
child abuse in order to gain power and leverage.

Or, terrified for their grand children who were being abused and
neglect, they reported.

Arizona with it's huge elderly population
actually discovered a huge percentage of
reports from senior citizens have to be
immediately screened out because they
call in the stupidest non-issues as if they
are abuse or neglest.

Yep. Older folks tend to see the outcomes of various forms of child
abuse that normally go unrecognized. It comes with living a very long
time and watching a lot of children grow up, some well parented, and
some not so.

Some are downright SENILE!

Please don't yell. It makes you appear...well, senile.

Somewhere around the hotlines in some
states there are lists of the contenders
for the STUPIDEST complaints that were
ever called in. I'd love to read it!

Well why don't you then?

CPS agencies likely wouldn't want me to see such a list.

Why not? Like the have to be afraid of YOU? R R R R R

What would stupidest complaints prove? That some people are stupid?

Prove the CPS goes out on stupid complaints, Greg.

If they got a complaint and went out on it by default it would not be a
stupid complaint. If nothing came of it, it would be incorrect. That
doesn't make it stupid.

Got to love those seniors.

They care. Do you?

You never speak out about child abuse.

I speak out about CPS malpractice.

Why is this so one sided for you, eh?

0:-

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old May 25th 06, 12:02 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Troxel v Granville is about parents rights against
grandparents intruding on parental rights.
Grandparents wishing to spank the grandkids
must have permission from the parents.

Grandparents complaining that parents spank
their kids have no right to overrule parents.

In Troxel v Granville itself the grandparents
demanded visitation with only the siblings
who were blood kin and refused to care for
the siblings who were not blood kin.

The able parents said they had to take
the kids all or none, not wishing to split
up siblings.

The grandparents thought they had a right
to make DEMANDS of the parents and
refused to accept and follow the terms
dictated by the able parents.

The courts sided with the able parents
and against the DEMANDING grandparents.

Old May 25th 06, 05:21 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Greegor wrote:
Troxel v Granville is about parents rights against
grandparents intruding on parental rights.
Grandparents wishing to spank the grandkids
must have permission from the parents.

That was part of T v G? Please post the case for us. I've read it and
someone must have snipped the copy I read. I found nothing about
spanking being studied with a finding.

Grandparents complaining that parents spank
their kids have no right to overrule parents.

Yep. Was the the case in T v G?

In Troxel v Granville itself the grandparents
demanded visitation with only the siblings
who were blood kin and refused to care for
the siblings who were not blood kin.

Yes, what has that do to with spanking, Greg?

The able parents said they had to take
the kids all or none, not wishing to split
up siblings.

Yes, I've had some arguments with relatives myself when I was helping
them. I turned down some because the refused to foster or adopt the
sibling group entire. Only the blood relatives.

It was rare. Most grandparents wouldn't have considered for a moment
splitting the child from their own brother or sister. Nice folks.

The grandparents thought they had a right
to make DEMANDS of the parents and
refused to accept and follow the terms
dictated by the able parents.

Yep. This has what to do with spanking?

You used T v G to make the point that spanking has some special meaning.
What was it?

The courts sided with the able parents
and against the DEMANDING grandparents.

Yes? So?

What happened was nothing changed. Did you notice that?

The case came out just like the vast majority of people already behave.
T v G was a rare anomaly in parents and in-law g'ps etc.

How many g'parents to do you think REALLY try to force their own
children to submit to them and let them take control of the g'children?

What IS your point, as pertains to spanking?

Old May 26th 06, 09:23 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Grandparents do not have a right to spank
the kids unless the parents say it's OK.

Old May 26th 06, 06:31 PM
beccafromlalaland beccafromlalaland is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greegor
Grandparents do not have a right to spank
the kids unless the parents say it's OK.

YAY Greegor and I agree on something!! My Mother Spanked my son while she was babysitting...she will NEVER babysit again.
__________________
Becca

Momma to two boys

Big Guy 3/02
and

Wuvy-Buv 8/05
Old May 27th 06, 12:20 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Greegor wrote:

Um, please elaborate on what varies
from state to state about the grandparents
needing the parents approval?

Read the laws. I'm not going to do the work for you.

US Troxel v. Granville would say that the grandparents have NO such
rights unless
the parents give their permission.

True. Now understand what this means. Are you aware that in the US
many grandparents are raising their grandchildren, and certainly are
spanking them?

Grandparents DO NOT have a right to try to USURP or overrule the rights
of the parents.

Of course they do. There are instances in certain states where
grandparents are allowed to see the grandchildren over the objection of
parents.

This has partly motivated huge numbers of
grandparents to falsely report parents of
child abuse in order to gain power and leverage.

This hasn't happened to the extent that you claim.

Arizona with it's huge elderly population
actually discovered a huge percentage of
reports from senior citizens have to be
immediately screened out because they
call in the stupidest non-issues as if they
are abuse or neglest.

Excuse me?

Some are downright SENILE!

Since you claim grandparents have no rights, what are you worried about?

Somewhere around the hotlines in some
states there are lists of the contenders
for the STUPIDEST complaints that were
ever called in. I'd love to read it!

"Stupidest complaints" and comments are wonderful reading. Books have
been made about the stupidest comments made by presidents and members of
the administration. And they are funny!

CPS agencies likely wouldn't want me to see such a list.

I doubt that CPS agencies spend a whole lot of time worrying about
whether you see a list of the "STUPIDEST complaints." Grin and giggle.

Other that how you treated your children, I doubt CPS agencies spend a
whole lot of time thinking about what you read or understand. You are a
bit narcissistic, aren't you, Greegor?

LaVonne

Old May 27th 06, 12:24 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Good for you becca,

However, if you were unable to care for your son for whatever reason,
and he was placed with your mother, do you think you would continue to
have the authority to not allow her to spank?

Ithink this would depend upon the state you live in, and the
determination of the courts. Family placement sometimes has very
different regulations than out-of-family foster care, which does not
allow the foster parent to spank in any state, to my knowledge.

LaVonne

Unwanted effects of CP 0:-> Spanking 52 February 9th 06 07:43 AM
| | Kids should work... Kane Spanking 12 December 10th 03 02:30 AM
Kids should work. ChrisScaife Spanking 16 December 7th 03 04:27 AM
Kids should work. ChrisScaife Foster Parents 16 December 7th 03 04:27 AM
Dennis was U.N. rules Canada should ban spanking Kane Spanking 63 November 17th 03 10:12 PM