child support questions

Old September 6th 07, 06:27 PM posted to alt.child-support
divorceddadof3

Default child support questions

Andreout,

I'd like to touch on a few finer thing as well!!

""However I have been looking at a larger house.
Something that would accommodate us and the kids. "It would be my
house, my mortgage payment and she would not be contributing to the
mortgage at all." Not to mention that her credit rating would would
do
nothing but hurt the rate on the loan anyway. BTW all the bad credit
is from, yep, you guessed it, past due medical bills going to
collection. I know, we went over her credit reports together.

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

If or When she calls it quits in a couple of years....it will be HER
HOUSE, YOUR MORTGAGE and your right about one thing, she may have not
contributed anything, she doesn't need to.

Good luck to you friend, I look forward to your post in a couple of
years down the road??????

On Sep 3, 3:21 pm, wrote:
On Sep 3, 12:34 pm, "Bob Whiteside" wrote:

wrote in message

ps.com...

So does anyone have any advise on this situation?

Move out and butt out!

Let me guess - The CS payments stopped when the father realized his ex-wife
was shacking up with you. He rightfully decided the money he was paying to
provide food, housing, etc. for his children was being shared with a guy
living there. Live-in boyfriends are leeches who divorced fathers despise.

On all the other issues - CS, visitation, and medical coverage are none of
your business so stay out of it. The issues are between the parents of the
children. You know (or think you know) a lot about their circumstances.
It's none of your business.

Nah, the support stopped long before I was in the picture. Me going
out with her just gave him a new excuse to use.
I've also thought about just saying "you know what love." " You money
problems are your own, not my kids, not my problem if they eat or
not" (which is actually a true statement, but I feel that I shouldn't
be going out with her since the kids are part of the package and I
knew that going into this relationship.)

Also where did I mention who was living with who. She lives in a dump
in the horrid part of town. I have far to many nice things to even
think about moving that stuff into her house. Not to mention I don't
like living in rentals. However I have been looking at a larger house.
Something that would accommodate us and the kids. It would be my
house, my mortgage payment and she would not be contributing to the
mortgage at all. Not to mention that her credit rating would would do
nothing but hurt the rate on the loan anyway. BTW all the bad credit
is from, yep, you guessed it, past due medical bills going to
collection. I know, we went over her credit reports together.

But to touch on some of your other fine points. I also never mentioned
visitation. Before the father decided to kick the mothers ass one day
the kids used to head over to his house (about a mile away) every
other weekend. when school was out they were there for a week at a
time every two weeks. Not that they wanted to go, but the mother felt
that it was important for them to keep in touch with the father. She
provides medical coverage and always has since the divorce. But there
were some items that the insurance didn't cover and her money didn't
stretch far enough to pay the bill, put food on the table, keep the
lights on, and pay the rent. I've already had her list her bills and
I've figured them into my budget. I'll get them paid, that's not a
problem. I've also had her redo her budget to factor out the sporadic
and often non-existent support payments from the father. So it will
be a bit tight for the mother without the support but I have no
problem stepping in where he has failed to perform.

But I think you may be right Bob. I may be looking at this the wrong
way. Perhaps this guy is not the slime that I think he is. When I
bought her kids shoes because the two sons actually had holes in the
bottom of theirs I'm pretty sure there was a good reason for that.
Oh, and I know what your thinking. The mom is mis-allocating that
money. And that came to mind. I'm I being taken? Am I a wallet? Heck,
this is the reason why I didn't have kids to make sure that I wouldn't
be paycheck for the next 18 years! Well, I've gone over her finances.
Because I wanted to make sure where the money was going. And with the
child support she did OK. Without things are horribly tight in their
house. I looked at their expenses to see what can be trimmed. There's
no more cutting that can be done. Period. The only thing that counts
as a luxury in my book (and LOTS of things count as luxuries in my
book) is her cell phone. But that is her primary phone. And the bill
isn't more then she would be paying for a traditional land line.
Considering that she needs to be contacted in case of any emergencies
while the kids are in school it makes sense to use the cell phone
instead. There is no cable, no satellite, no internet, no new car,
nothing. She did have a payment for furniture from a rent to own place
but she was unable to keep up with the bi-weekly payments and had to
surrender it back to the store. I had extra furniture sitting in
storage and gave it to her. Rent to own places are such a rip-off.

But yeah Bob. I'm sure I've got this guy all wrong. I'm sure there's
always a good reason to not pay your court ordered child support. And
an even better reason to let your kids suffer because you no longer
love their mother. And I'm pretty sure that the father is plenty
****ed that the mother didn't go down in flames because some asshole
like me stepped up to the plate and supported his kids when he refused
to. It's a shame that when I was growing up I had this understanding
that children was a responsibility for both of the people that had
them. I didn't know that I could just screw until the cows came home
and not have to worry about knocking up anyone. I could have had so
much more fun and bedded so many more women. I'll need to pass that
info along to her sons though. If they get someone knocked up don't
worry about it. Just carry on as if nothing happened. And hope that
she gets a boyfriend because then your off the hook completely. Ignore
your children and the problem will go away. Oh if I just would have
known then, what I know now!- Hide quoted text -

Old September 12th 07, 01:39 AM posted to alt.child-support
Very Determined!

On Sep 5, 2:03 pm, "Gini" wrote:
wrote

............. I would be much better off if the NCP just committed suicide, but ugliness won't help
my situation except he would be better off to his child dead than
alive.

==
Gee, I hope your child never learns to read usenet. Wish I could be a fly on
the
wall when he/she shows that gem to his/her dad.

...wonders why his sperm donor isn't around, might as well be dead!

Old September 17th 07, 12:18 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"divorceddadof3" wrote in

If or When she calls it quits in a couple of years....it will be HER
HOUSE, YOUR MORTGAGE and your right about one thing, she may have not
contributed anything, she doesn't need to.

Good luck to you friend, I look forward to your post in a couple of
years down the road??????

Yep, she's playing this sucker for everything he is worth!

Mr. Money bags to the rescue, he'll loathe the day he met her! LOL