How To Breastfeed

Old May 12th 06, 03:07 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default How To Breastfeed

If you read the reaction to sineadhoben's posts on mkb via your forum

That'll be the really unfriendly jumping down her throat reaction
right?

Your forum members have no sense for Usenet and how to enter the
community

Thats my case in point! Thats why I provide a forum format, for those
who do not have a sense for usenet or would want to use a usenet reader
to post and read usenet threads.

They have no access to the newsgroups that will give them guidance in
posting

Is this available before they make their first post? The only
description I see when viewing the group is "Information, support, and
decisions re breastfeeding" If a FAQ is available I am happy to post
this and stick it in my forums.

Is there a way to vote to get you to stop syndicating Usenet newsgroups
without asking the groups beforehand if they mind you doing so

No. Now I admit in hindsight that I should have posted to the group
well before I started to syndicate the content and I'm sorry for any
distress caused to anyone who thought I was doing this behind
everyone's back or being sneaky or underhand, however this was not the
case I'm not going to be bullied into changing the way I provide access
to Usenet

Usenet is a public place; everyone has a right to access these groups
irrespective of how they do it.

If you want to shun any new moms requesting advice on breastfeeding
matters, simply because the post originated from newmomsforum and not
some other web based Usenet posting site such as
'http://www.usenet-replayer.com/' (http://www.usenet-replayer.com/) or
'http://groups.google.com/' (http://groups.google.com/) then please add
any email address ending in @no-spam.newmomsforum.com to your kill file.

In the same way, if you don't want your posts to appear at newmomsforum
then please send me your Usenet ID and the e-mail address associated
with this ID via our contact form :
'http://www.newmomsforum.com/contact-us/'
(http://www.newmomsforum.com/contact-us/)

I will add this to our kill file to stop any more of your posts being
syndicated with our site.

In addition we have implemented a system to ensure any posts marked
with no-archive are not syndicated with our site so adding no archive
to your posts will stop your posts syndicating with imediate effect.

I could deal with it if the gateway worked by posting a thread from
there to here (and not every one, only in say one forum marked
specifically to gateway to here), and ONLY the follow-ups to that
thread bouncing back AND every post CLEARLY marked, "Any answers to
this post will appear on BlahBlah website."

Why should it be so one sided? Our members might want to help Usenet
posters as well you know. I know I'd like to.

This whole excuse of, "Well, I'm not hiding it! Our forums says
specifically we do it!" Well, how are -we- supposed to know that

Point noted Michelle. Message footers amended to give further clarity
to usenet users.

On a personal note, I think this is a great and very supportive group
and I've read some great advice in here. This is why I wanted to
provide access to this group for my members in the first place.

I really don't want to continue to fight with you guys over this, I'd
rather work with you and am open to suggestions on ways in which I can
make things more transparent for my members to avoid confusion and
conflicts between the communities.

I'll happily continue to contribute to misc.kids.breastfeeding. I
didn't breastfeed as long as some of you guys (I think I made 8 months)
but I will still provide help, advice and support to Usenet users where
I can. I will encourage any new members joining the site to do the
same.

Kind regards

Claire

--
Claire

Old May 12th 06, 04:13 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Claire wrote:

If you want to shun any new moms requesting advice on breastfeeding
matters, simply because the post originated from newmomsforum and not
some other web based Usenet posting site such as
'http://www.usenet-replayer.com/' (http://www.usenet-replayer.com/) or
'http://groups.google.com/' (http://groups.google.com/) then please
add any email address ending in @no-spam.newmomsforum.com to your
kill file.

You're missing the point, Claire. Google and Replayer are web-based Usenet
posting sites. Your forum isn't.

Adding to my killfile won't stop my posts
being published on your website. Adding a no-archive header to my posts will
stop them being retained in, for instance, Google.

Old May 12th 06, 09:48 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Claire" wrote in message

If you read the reaction to sineadhoben's posts on mkb via your forum

That'll be the really unfriendly jumping down her throat reaction
right?

Your forum members have no sense for Usenet and how to enter the
community

Thats my case in point! Thats why I provide a forum format, for those
who do not have a sense for usenet or would want to use a usenet reader
to post and read usenet threads.

They have no access to the newsgroups that will give them guidance in
posting

Is this available before they make their first post? The only
description I see when viewing the group is "Information, support, and
decisions re breastfeeding" If a FAQ is available I am happy to post
this and stick it in my forums.

=======
Yeah right .....

Usenet is a public place; everyone has a right to access these groups
irrespective of how they do it.

True, so STOP moderating the content for your users.

On a personal note, I think this is a great and very supportive group
and I've read some great advice in here. This is why I wanted to
provide access to this group for my members in the first place.

So why not provide detailed instructions to your users on how to use google
groups or some other such web access mechanism. Or, in reality do you see
this as " a real boost to your community" ? i.e. back to the "our groups
have not traffic so lets go get some from somewhere else".

I really don't want to continue to fight with you guys over this, I'd
rather work with you and am open to suggestions on ways in which I can
make things more transparent for my members to avoid confusion and
conflicts between the communities.

I think the article posted by sinead hoben is a good example. It's not the
sort of "in your face" thing we'd see posted here, to a group of reasonably
experienced breastfeeders. But I'm guessing she thought she was posting to a
smaller groups of "new moms" which would make more sense or as likely
advertising her own web site.

Liked your post under "contributing articles to new moms forum" should
hopefully reduce the number of posts like the above.

Old May 13th 06, 12:28 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

T Flynn wrote:
On Tue, 9 May 2006, oregonchick wrote:

Uh, it makes me pretty uncomfortable that my posts, although entirely
public, are being spread all over the place...

Yeah. About two years ago I posed about my daughter's birth. Imagine my
sarcasmJOY/sarcasm to find that post popping up in general google on
some other website I never saw before. Ew.

Nasty, nasty lack of ethics those pages have. "Hey, we can't generate our
own readership, so let's gank in an established group and make it look
like we don't suck!"

Yeah, Pologirl's thread about her 20-week ultrasound having bad news is
over there already. Apparently that's just fine, since she hasn't
filled out the little form opting her out, having slightly more
important things on her mind just now, like whether her child has a
life-threatening condition ...

--Helen

Old May 17th 06, 11:25 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

In article ,
Claire wrote:

No. Now I admit in hindsight that I should have posted to the group
well before I started to syndicate the content and I'm sorry for any
distress caused to anyone who thought I was doing this behind
everyone's back or being sneaky or underhand, however this was not the
case

snip

Yeah? What exactly did you think you were doing?

In the same way, if you don't want your posts to appear at newmomsforum
then please send me your Usenet ID and the e-mail address associated
with this ID via our contact form :
'http://www.newmomsforum.com/contact-us/'
(http://www.newmomsforum.com/contact-us/)

I will add this to our kill file to stop any more of your posts being
syndicated with our site.

How often are you planning to repost this message to mkb? We get new members
too, you know.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue