Baby dies after pacifier taped to face

Old August 19th 07, 07:40 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.divorce,misc.kids
0:-]

Default Baby dies after pacifier taped to face

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:31:02 -0700, ChewsCrayons
wrote:

At worst it was bad judgement, even if one believes the media. And
tragic unexplained death at best...if that word can be used in such a
context as this terrible loss.

Not deliberate murder, media hype or no.

Kane

----------------

But.... parents are susposed to be careful in their judgment, for the
sake of their baby, not for the sake of what is quick and easy.

Well... in the end, the mom got what she wanted, a good nights
sleep.... right?

All it cost was the life of her baby.

Decisions and indecisions cost people their lives every single day, is
'whoops' now a viable excuse which we use to 'wave it away'.

Wonder if the father, and grand parents feel the same way?

Did it look as though I was excusing the mother? Sorry, my writing
skills must be slipping.

It's the association with gentlemen such as Greg and krp, I guess.

No, no excuses.

And we can be pretty sure how the grandparents would feel. I know how
I would.

deb.

Old August 19th 07, 07:57 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.divorce,misc.kids
lostintranslation

wrote:

[...]

I didn't see you making excuses at all, Kane. And yes, dealing with
the likes of Ken and Greg can have determental effects on writing and
spelling; not just for you either. I made some nasty wrong spellings
today.

Old August 19th 07, 11:46 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.divorce,misc.kids
tlwaggoner

On Jun 20, 10:03 pm, "xkatx" wrote:
"nimue" wrote in message

xkatx wrote:
"Dan Sullivan" wrote in message
roups.com...
On Jun 20, 1:07 pm, Greegor wrote:

Do you think there is criminal intent in this case?

What difference would that make?

Tragically dumb but no criminal intent.

So?

I might see it differently if the parents were high, drunk
or clearly educated to know better.

You might see it how?

8.5 years for this? Assenine.

What should the punishment be?

In all honesty, I don't know if there is an appropriate punishment.

I do. Sterilize her -- she clearly should not be a parent -- and she
should
go to prison, too.

The mother has to live with this for the rest of her life.

You mean that life her child no longer has?

Yes. This lady now has to live the rest of her life knowing that because of
something she did (or didn't do) had the outcome of her own child dying and
now that child does not have a life to live.
And this is something that she will have to live with, put aside she should
live with. No one *should* have to live with something like this, but
that's the breaks.

She has
to go on knowing that although what she did was not intentional
(which it doesn't sound like it is) and she did not do it thinking or
knowing the outcome would be like it ended up being. But it did.
I think a case like this doesn't have a very good chance of happening
again, even if this mother has another child in the future.

She should NEVER, EVER have another child. She shouldn't be allowed
around
children.

Why shouldn't she be allowed to be around children? Obviously I have no
knowledge of her history or past, nor do I have the ability to predict the
future. I would be willing to bet, though, that this is an isolated case.
I highly doubt this will happen again, even if the same or similar situation
arose. Had the story been more along the lines of some lady doing this more
than once, then maybe. Based on this article only, I doubt she's a threat
to society in any way.
Should that guy that hit us with his truck, speeding down the road, never,
ever be able to drive again or go near another vehicle in his life? No, no
one died, but that, I know, definitely had the potential to be a major
disaster. It wasn't, but still.

I don't
think she would be a risk to society. Then again, you might read in
the headlines, "Woman goes around taping things over random infants'
mouths!" I doubt that, though.
I don't think this story is any different than ones you hear about
accidental drownings or falls that cause death. In those cases, no
one intended for something bad to happen, yet it did.

Um, hello -- she taped a pacifier in a baby's mouth. That's not taking a
kid swimming or to the park. She did something totally bizarre ONLY to
benefit herself. She did it so she wouldn't have to listen to the kid cry
when he lost his pacifier, so she wouldn't have to try to find it.
Selfish,
stupid bitch. Scratch the surface of this case and I am sure you will
find
out some very disturbing things about this woman.

There was a mom here that taped her 7 month old child to her hand to make
him "learn" to walk. Why? I don't know. Some people just do the stupidest
of things.
I didn't read anything that said why the lady in the article did it. I
don't have any other info, but if you do, then fine. I'm going on what the
article says and what has been known to the obvious public. I didn't read
that she did it because she didn't want to listen to the baby cry or because
she didn't want to keep finding it when it was spit out.

If every
parent was sent to jail for a mistake, where would we be?
If a child falls down the stairs and dies from their injuries, should
those parents be sent to jail over something that could have been
prevented by them watching the child every second or buying a baby
gate or two.

Don't you see the difference between taping a pacifier to a kid's mouth
and
having stairs?

Yes, both above mentioned outcomes or possible outcomes are preventable.
They both involve the fact that if there was no tape holding the pacifier
and a baby gate at the top of the basement stairs, the chances of injury or
death are substantially lower. It was one basic example that we could all
relate to (the stairs, I mean)

I just don't see how 8+ years in jail is going to benefit anyone.

I do. She won't be able to breed in that time. Sadly, we can't sterilize
people. This is the next best option. And she KILLED her child -- don't
you think some justice should be done?

Yes, I do agree that some justice should be done for this child. The baby
is dead. The baby won't have a life, and it wasn't by his own choice.
There should be a price to pay for a stupid choice, move, decision, mistake,
whatever, made by the mother. 8 years, though, no, I don't agree with that.
I don't get the impression (again, only from the article) that this was
malicious or intended.

Maybe she should be sent for some parenting classes or courses.

Maybe? Maybe? Sheesh.

really don't know, but I just can't see how 8 years in jail is the
road to take with this lady. She made a mistake.

No. She didn't "make a mistake." She made a terrible CHOICE because she
is
a selfish woman didn't feel like looking after her baby's pacifier or her
baby.

We all have one
time or another.

We all make mistakes. This was a choice that anyone with a lick of common
sense would have known was dangerous and selfish.

Yes, but we all don't make downright stupid mistakes to the extreme. She
did. Maybe her common sense should be evaluated. I also do think a lot of
peoples' common sense should be, but that's beside the point. To say the
least, however you want to word it, she screwed up. She should have known,
but maybe she didn't. I can also say that maybe she did know. At this
point, from the article, I cannot draw that conclusion either way.

--
nimue

"Let your freak-flag fly, and if someone doesn't get you, move on."
Drew Barrymore- Hide quoted text -

Im finding most of the post submitted by some of the members
DISTURBING to say the least.
I find it hard to belive this is a family rights group.

Old August 20th 07, 12:14 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.divorce,misc.kids
0:]

tlwaggoner wrote:
On Jun 20, 10:03 pm, "xkatx" wrote:
"nimue" wrote in message

xkatx wrote:
[...]

To be a family rights advocate, one must excuse bad parenting resulting
in a child's death?

Or am I mistaking your meaning?

Old August 20th 07, 01:00 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.divorce,misc.kids
Dragon's Girl

On Aug 19, 5:46 pm, tlwaggoner wrote:
On Jun 20, 10:03 pm, "xkatx" wrote:

"nimue" wrote in message

xkatx wrote:
[...]

I didn't know it was a family rights group.
Who changed the purpose of this group without telling me?

Old August 20th 07, 01:28 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.divorce,misc.kids
tlwaggoner

On Jun 20, 10:03 pm, "xkatx" wrote:

"nimue" wrote in message

xkatx wrote:
[...]

Who changed the purpose of this group without telling me?- Hide quoted text -

When I check AFRA for recent news this group pops up.

To be a family rights advocate, one must excuse bad parenting
resulting
in a child's death?

Or am I mistaking your meaning?

No thats what Im meaning. But I do think, using statements such as
these disturbing!
She should NEVER NEVER ever have another child.
She should'nt be allowed around children.
Stuipd Bitch
She won't be able to breed
Sterilize people

I don't support this womans actions, nor do I condone what she did.
But Im going to completely trash someone, nor pretend that I know
every detail surrouding
her life, her home, her mental health or lack of.

Old August 20th 07, 02:43 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.divorce,misc.kids
0:]

On Jun 20, 10:03 pm, "xkatx" wrote:
"nimue" wrote in message
xkatx wrote:
[...]

I must have missed some ascps posts, sir.

Or madam.

I don't recall anyone here saying those things.

I see you are widely cross posted. Possibly it's others saying these
things.

Those statements above don't sound like ascps folks. Even our more
stupid and sick ones.

I agree with number three, partially. She needs to do some serious self
assessment and work out a plan about how she will conduct herself in the
future around children.

Should she have another, I do agree with posters here that she needs to
understand that parents do NOT come first. Children do.

Ask Greg, he'll tell you. He's our resident child saver, that boy is.

I don't support this womans actions, nor do I condone what she did.
But Im going to completely trash someone, nor pretend that I know
every detail surrouding
her life, her home, her mental health or lack of.

You meant, "NOT going to completely trash someone."

Well, I think most of us are pretty hip to reality when it comes to the
media and know we have only part of the story.

Often you will see us say, "IF someone did such and such...etc."

So what do YOU think this woman needs to do?

Old August 20th 07, 03:00 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.divorce,misc.kids
toto

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 00:28:07 -0000, tlwaggoner
wrote:

When I check AFRA for recent news this group pops up.

Which newsgroup. This post is cross posted to:

alt.support.child-protective-services,
alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,
alt.support.foster-parents,
alt.support.divorce,
misc.kids

misc.kids (the group I am reading) is a group where parents discuss
parenting issues. Perhaps you should watch the headers and look at
the groups your posts are going to.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old August 20th 07, 04:03 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.divorce,misc.kids
nimue

tlwaggoner wrote:

snip

When I check AFRA for recent news this group pops up.

To be a family rights advocate, one must excuse bad parenting
resulting
in a child's death?

Or am I mistaking your meaning?

No thats what Im meaning. But I do think, using statements such as
these disturbing!

She should NEVER NEVER ever have another child.

Why is that disturbing? I don't think that people stupid, selfish, and
cruel enough to tape a pacifier to a baby's mouth should have children -- or
pets, for that matter.

She should'nt be allowed around children.

She shouldn't. She's too dangerous.

Stuipd Bitch

She is.

She won't be able to breed

She should never breed -- ever.

Sterilize people

I do wish we could sterilize certain people. I absolutely do. If you have
nine kids in foster care, for example, and you keep getting pregnant, or
making people pregnant, you should be sterilized.

I don't support this womans actions, nor do I condone what she did.

But Im going to completely trash someone, nor pretend that I know
every detail surrouding
her life, her home, her mental health or lack of.

Where on earth do you get the idea that I am pretending I know anything
about this woman beyond what the article told us? I have made my judgments
based on the little I know -- and I have decided she shouldn't have kids.
What -- do you think that if I found out she was bipolar I would say, "Oh,
well, it wasn't her fault -- let her have more kids"? Hell, no. I would
still call for her to be sterilized. Anyway, this woman has made it VERY
clear she doesn't have what it takes to parent.

Old August 20th 07, 05:01 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.divorce,misc.kids
tlwaggoner

On Aug 19, 8:03 pm, "nimue" wrote:
tlwaggoner wrote:

snip

[...]

Im not going to continue this chidish, respect lacking, trite, over-
wrought drivel.
Go drink some Kool-Aid! And tell me where to send the crazy straws!