38ww 5dd appt.

Old March 17th 04, 10:43 PM
Coccinella

Default 38ww 5dd appt.

Hello everybody,
I am just back from my weekly appt. My Dr was still away. I was sorry to
find out that she wasn't in the last few weeks because her father passed
away. She is going to be back on Friday.
Our little girl is still as happy as a clam in my belly, she hasn't dropped
and my cervix is still shut. Probably if I cut the ice cream and all the
lovely food I am cooking these days she would be more willing to come out.
However she is going to come next week. I am so excited.
I know this because also the Dr I saw today told me again that she is a big
baby and they usually schedule c-sections for babies as big as mine. It
seems that my Dr had also written something on my chart about it. I am very
happy with the whole thing. I am going back to see my Dr on Friday so I can
ask her about the procedure, but I feel really good about it. They will also
tell me then the time and day of the section.
DH and I are so happy. We are going to see our baby next week! After the
appt we went to celebrate to Cold Stone. We shared one cup of mint with
chocolate chip. We could barely finish it!But it was worth it!. This weekend
are also going to do all the "couple" things that we won't be able to do for
a while, like going for dinner to my favorite restaurant and going to the
cinema to see once again "The Return of the King" (we are both Tolkien
fan!).

I'll let you all know when my c-section is going to be scheduled.

I hope everything is fine with everybody.

Love

--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Fur Babies

Old March 18th 04, 12:36 AM
cara

Coccinella wrote:

[...]

Exciting that there is an 'end in sight' for you! How have they determined that
the baby is so large? I still haven't tried Cold Stone, but your rave reviews
are definitely going to get me there soon.

I had my 39w appt today and it was fine, baby is dropped and low and cervix is
thinning and at a 2, so thats good. Although I had a horrible stomach virus the
last 24 hours and have been so sick. The worst combination is being hugely
pregnant and having it coming out of both ends all night. I was miserable!
Luckily this afternoon I'm feeling much better. Look like you might beat Carol
Ann and I and be the first to have your baby!!

cara

Old March 18th 04, 01:56 AM
New York Jen

"Coccinella" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Oh Nicky, that's so exciting! Can't wait to read YOUR birth story on here!

- Jen

Old March 18th 04, 03:40 AM
Coccinella

Thanks Jen!
How are you all doing? I cannot believe the snow we have! I was so happy to
read your story the other day when you said that you were outside in the sun
with your two wonderful children. I hope that spring is just around the
corner.

Love

--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Fur Babies

Old March 18th 04, 03:40 AM
Coccinella

"cara" wrote in message

Exciting that there is an 'end in sight' for you! How have they

determined that
the baby is so large?

I had the u/s at 36 ww but even before that my Dr felt the baby in my belly
at every appointment and she could feel that she is big. The same with the
other Drs from the practice. They consider the u/s measurements more an
indicator than something exact (which made me feel good after all the
stories I read here!). I think it comes down to the doctors experience in
feeling the baby.

I still haven't tried Cold Stone, but your rave reviews
are definitely going to get me there soon.

Oh, it's so good. Today we got the mix and they slightly heat up the ice
cream so it is absolutely perfect to eat!

I had my 39w appt today and it was fine, baby is dropped and low and

cervix is
thinning and at a 2, so thats good.

WOW, that is really good news! Things might start pretty soon for you.

Although I had a horrible stomach virus the
last 24 hours and have been so sick. The worst combination is being

hugely
pregnant and having it coming out of both ends all night. I was

miserable!
Luckily this afternoon I'm feeling much better.

Ouch, that must have been horrible. Two weeks ago I had a similar episode
(fortunately only in the morning) and I was so miserable. Glad to hear that
you are doing better now.

Good labor vibes to you.

Love

Nicky

Old March 18th 04, 04:21 AM
Carol Ann

:: I'll let you all know when my c-section is going to be scheduled.
::
:: I hope everything is fine with everybody.
::
:: Love
::
:: --
:: Nicky
::
:: EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!
::
:: Fur Babies

Wow, Nicky, you WILL have your baby first (unless I suddenly go into labor).

Here's a question:

Will you use the Astrological Chart to determine WHEN you will have your c
Section? If we deliver before the 20th our daughters will be Pisces. If we
wait, they will be Aries. Just wondering.

~Carol Ann
EDD Monday!!!

Old March 18th 04, 05:26 AM
Cam & Shane

OMG - it's sooo close. I wish we had a Cold Stone here - I am loving
iceceam at the moment :-p

Camille

Old March 18th 04, 01:32 PM
Coccinella

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Wow, Nicky, you WILL have your baby first (unless I suddenly go into

labor).

Here's a question:

Will you use the Astrological Chart to determine WHEN you will have your c
Section? If we deliver before the 20th our daughters will be Pisces. If

we
wait, they will be Aries. Just wondering.

~Carol Ann
EDD Monday!!!

Carol Ann,
I thought about it. It seems that the C-section is going to be next week so
she is definitely going to be Aries. It's funny, but that's the first thing
that all my Italian friends told me about the EDD! I hadn't even thought of
it.
The first thing I thought when they told me about the c-section next week
was that I won the bet I made with DH! He is Irish and he guessed that the
baby would arrive around the 17th I guessed instead the 22nd. I still have
to decide what to ask for my winning!

How are you doing in these days? I hope you can get some rest.

Good labor vibes to you

Love

Nicky

Old March 18th 04, 01:37 PM
Coccinella

"Cam & Shane" wrote in message
OMG - it's sooo close. I wish we had a Cold Stone here - I am loving
iceceam at the moment :-p

Camille

MMMMM, I know the feeling of loving ice cream. I like it even more when it
is cold outside! And it is still snowing here!!!.

Love

Nicky

Old March 18th 04, 01:52 PM
Em

"Coccinella" wrote in message

I had the u/s at 36 ww but even before that my Dr felt the baby in my

belly
at every appointment and she could feel that she is big. The same with the
other Drs from the practice. They consider the u/s measurements more an
indicator than something exact (which made me feel good after all the
stories I read here!). I think it comes down to the doctors experience in
feeling the baby.

I know that you said you are feeling very comfortable with your decision to
go ahead with the c-section, so I'm not going to try to talk you out of it.
I did want to share though that when my doctor estimated my baby's size by
feeling him in my belly, she estimated that he would be a little baby and
would be only about 7 lbs. Then, at 39 weeks she re-estimated that he would
be more like 6.5 lbs at birth. He was born at 39w5d and was 8lbs4oz! Very
different than 6.5!

Anyway, the position of the baby inside and how the mother is carrying the
baby as well as the mother's own physical form can have an impact on how the
baby feels from the outside (my doctor said that it was hard to feel my baby
exactly, because of my stomach muscles). My doctor has attended many births
and felt many babies and she was still *very* off on the size of my baby
(after he was born, she still estimated that he weighed 7lbs--we were all
guessing before they put him on the scale). I'm curious to see how big your
baby actually is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she is 8lbs or under,
but maybe I'll be totally wrong!

Best wishes with the c-section and meeting your new baby girl! It is an
exciting time!

--
Em
mama to L-baby, almost 6 months old

First OB appt Denise Anderson Pregnancy 3 February 6th 04 05:44 PM
40w3d ob/gyn appt Elly Pregnancy 7 October 10th 03 10:13 PM
my first appt (booking visit) pcb Pregnancy 14 September 22nd 03 08:08 AM
39 week appt GoofeeGyrl Pregnancy 2 September 8th 03 04:38 AM
31+ weeks ob/gyn appt & update (long) Elly Pregnancy 6 August 14th 03 06:15 PM