Help Please baby (fluid lungs?)

Old March 17th 04, 10:20 PM
Michael

Default Help Please baby (fluid lungs?)

My girlfriend has just had our baby son he was two weeks early and came via
c section when he was born he was wheezing a lot,he has been in a incubator
for 2 days now the wheezing is a lot better does anyone know if this a long
term problem the hospital don't seem to be very helpful when me and
girlfriend are asking questions any help much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Old March 18th 04, 08:38 AM
Michael

thanks richard
"Richard" wrote in message
Michael wrote:
: My girlfriend has just had our baby son he was two weeks early and came

via
: c section when he was born he was wheezing a lot,he has been in a

incubator
: for 2 days now the wheezing is a lot better does anyone know if this a

long
: term problem the hospital don't seem to be very helpful when me and
: girlfriend are asking questions any help much appreciated
:
: Thanks in advance

First, it's normal for babies born by C-section to have excess fluid in

their
lungs (vaginal birth forces much of the fluid out of a newborns lungs).

Also,
lung development is one of the last phases of pregnancy. Babies born

early
often have breathing difficulties initially.

Every baby is different, but it is not unusual for preterm babies to

remain
in the hospital until some time around their due dates, though two weeks

is
well within the range of "normal".

That said, congratulations! When your situation settles down, you'll have

tell us about your baby.

Richard
Micaela's dad

Old March 18th 04, 10:02 PM
Michael

yes he is much much better he will be up on the ward with mum on saturday
HOPEFULLY they have took all the tubes out of him and i bottle fed him today
for the first so i have got a smile from ear to ear thanks again for your
help ;-)

"Richard" wrote in message
Michael wrote:
: thanks richard

I'm glad to help!

How's the little man doing today? Are you seeing continued improvement?

Richard
Micaela's dad