Safe to do 'harder' work?

Old January 13th 09, 08:17 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

Default Safe to do 'harder' work?

I have about 3.5 weeks left to go, and I'm wondering what kind of work might
be too much.
There's like 300 feet of snow outside right now. Well, not quite that much,
but I'd guess that there's probably about 6"-8" of snow on the sidewalks out
front. I can't leave the front walks with tons of snow... I feel bad for
the poor mail carrier and although I share the front (and back) walk with
the neighbour, they seem to refuse to lift a shovel for the front OR back.
I left the snow thinking maybe since I did the back walks they would maybe
do the front, seeing as the neighbour has 2 teenaged children. Well, now
there's tons of snow out there, and they need to be done.
Is something like shoveling sidewalks alright to do? There's no way the
sidewalks can be left and ignored for the next month or so. I can't send DS
out there to do them as there's just too much for him.
So, is something like shoveling sidewalks alright to do at this point in
pregnancy?

Old January 13th 09, 10:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

So, is something like shoveling sidewalks alright to do at this point in
pregnancy?

I think you've got to listen to your body, there isn't anything doomed
to harm you in shovelling snow, but then plenty of non pregnant people
will get a sore back after a hard session of work on something like
that. Your risk of that is going to be higher in your current state than
in was prepregnancy, but that could still be relatively low compared to
a lot of people, or not, which is why you have to listen to your body.

Cheers
Anne
Old January 13th 09, 11:56 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message

So, is something like shoveling sidewalks alright to do at this point in
pregnancy?

I think you've got to listen to your body, there isn't anything doomed to
harm you in shovelling snow, but then plenty of non pregnant people will
get a sore back after a hard session of work on something like that. Your
risk of that is going to be higher in your current state than in was
prepregnancy, but that could still be relatively low compared to a lot of
people, or not, which is why you have to listen to your body.

Cheers
Anne

My body feels like it's completely falling apart and failing on me at any
given day.
As it turned out, it looked like a lot more snow than was actually out
there. It was only about 4"
I guess a little more once in a while won't kill me. My back usually
doesn't feel so great lately anyways, and it was nice enough outside to take
it slow and stop every couple of shovels or so.
If I listened to my body, I'd probably just never get out of bed LOL