Guess who has a tooth finally!!! :-)

Old January 6th 05, 05:13 PM
Nan

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 17:15:10 GMT, "Jill"
scribbled:

Yay! Yesterday we finally saw Rachel's bottom tooth pop through the gums!!!
You can barely see it and you have to look hard, but it's finally here! Her
first tooth....At age 7 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days!!! So basically, she got
her first tooth at 8 months old. Lol!

I'm giving serious thought to table food. I don't know why the pediatricians
are so against it, or not against it, but SO cautious about it. I am going
to think about letting her try a Cheerio but I do wonder if she is
ready.....I am not sure if she has chewing down. She slurps. Slurps down the
2nd stages jarred food. But I do hate her being only on jarred food (and
breastmilk)....I would like to see her start on table food.

At least she has her meals with us- we have her sitting at the table with
us, and she eats when we do. I have always made sure that mealtimes are
always together. And more interactive than just me feeding her. She gives
herself juice...and will spoon herself baby food although messily. I was
eating a cookie the other day and she looked like she wanted tograb it!

Yay Miss First Tooth!

Jill

Yay!
A was blase' about solids for the longest time, but since we've been
giving her tastes of our food, she's become more interested. You
might try Rachel with some really soft bits off your plate, to help
her get the knack of chewing.... a few cooked peas, some noodles, bits
of veggie soup (A's favorite).
We also let her gnaw on some crackers.... saltines and cheezits tend
to dissolve really easily.

Nan

Old January 6th 05, 05:15 PM
Jill

Default Guess who has a tooth finally!!! :-)

[...]

Join my children's literature group dedicated to making reading fun for
kids, and discussing our own favorite children's stories.

Old January 6th 05, 05:24 PM
Jamie Clark

Whooo hooo! I wouldn't be surprised if in a few days you notice the
companion tooth next to this new one. Both of Taylor's bottom teeth came in
within 24 hours of each other, right around 7-8 months. Then she had
nothing for 3 months, and got her two top teeth at 10 months, and by her one
year birthday she had 6 teeth or so.

If you are worried about chewing, give her teething biscuits to start with.
She can hold it in her hand and gnaw on it, and it basically disintegrates
in her mouth from her saliva. I have a great photo on my MyFamily website
of Taylor at about 7-8 months old, no teeth, gnawing on a teething biscuit
with the most joyful expression on her face. She loved them! If you want
to check it out, log into my website and go to Photos, then look on page 16,
it's called TaylorBiscuit, and it was taken in August of 03. Once she gets
the hang of the biscuits, you can offer cheerios. The fact that she's
trying to grab your cookie means that she's ready to start to play and
experience more solid food. She may not know how to chew yet, but that's
what those first experiences are for!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old January 6th 05, 05:48 PM
Ilse Witch

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 17:15:10 +0000, Jill wrote:

Yay! Yesterday we finally saw Rachel's bottom tooth pop through the gums!!!

Yay!!! 8 months is still excellent timing!

I'm giving serious thought to table food. I don't know why the
pediatricians are so against it, or not against it, but SO cautious
about it.

I wasn't aware that they were cautious. I have always found that eating
the same we eat is a whole lot more practical. Just make sure that risky
foods like chicken and fish are thoroughly cooked, and be careful with
giving known allergy foods like nuts and strawberries. Introduce
everything with small steps to monitor her response to new foods, and you
should be fine. Cheerios are excellent snacks for tots with teeth.

I have always made sure that mealtimes are always together

I think that is a very good thing. Breakfast and dinner are family events
in our house, from the time that DS could sit in his high chair. It's not
just stimulating their appetite, they also learn a lot of social skills
and get lots of positive attention.

WTG Miss First Tooth & her Mom!!

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Old January 6th 05, 11:45 PM
Jill

"Jamie Clark" wrote
If you want
to check it out, log into my website and go to Photos, then look on page
16, it's called TaylorBiscuit, and it was taken in August of 03. Once she
gets the hang of the biscuits, you can offer cheerios. The fact that
she's trying to grab your cookie means that she's ready to start to play
and experience more solid food.

Thanks for the reply! (Thanks for all replies form the others in this thread
too). We redid our computer, and now, those whose posts were not showing up
for me, now are- namely, you (Jamie) and Ericka. I will go check out that
photo- Taylor is sooooo pretty!

Jill

Old January 15th 05, 01:55 AM
Carol Ann

" Yay! Yesterday we finally saw Rachel's bottom tooth pop through the
gums!!!
You can barely see it and you have to look hard, but it's finally here!
Her
first tooth....At age 7 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days!!! So basically, she
got
her first tooth at 8 months old. Lol!

Wahoo!! That's fantastic. Get the bibs ready..........it will be a wet few
months.

Morgan has 10 now. She is amazingly BIG!

~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan 3.24.04