Is pressure normal?

Old July 5th 07, 08:08 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
beyond the pale

Default Is pressure normal?

Pressure, not like psychological pressure or strain... But, pressure as
in *physical* pressure?

For the past 3-4 days I have noticed my hip joints hurting a bit, especially
my left. It's like I don't feel too comfortable sitting and I want to stand
and stretch, OR lie down, but not sit and be bent at the waist. It's not
bad, but it's just starting to nag..

Along with this I am feeling pressure in the pelvic area, almost like
something is going to drop. I also notice feeling discomfort and pressure
most especially near my pelvic bones- not sure if that's the right word, but
the 2 bones, one on each side, that press into a chair when you sit- "butt
bone" if you will. I feel the same kind of pressure in the area where I had
an episiotomy with DD so I am almsot wondering if it's just pressure in
general from my stomach getting bigger mixed with discomfort because now
that I've had a baby before, I may not be as tight so I feel where I was cut
last time.

My husband was alarmed when I mentioned it to him and wanted me to call the
doctor, but I didn't want to for something I'm not sure about, on a holiday.
I'm not alarmed, but I am wondering what kind of pressure feelings are
normal and how to know if I *should* call a doctor? I have an appointment in
2 weeks and will mention it of course. If it gets worse or I start to worry
I'll call. I really think it's bothering me from where I had a baby before,
to be honest, and this is why I think I didn't have this feeling the first
time around.

??

Old July 5th 07, 11:33 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

I would say it's not a calling the doctor issue, but as you are not that
far on, one that is worth consulting someone, probably a physical
therapist about, if you were heading towards delivery, I'd say, what do
you expect, you're heavily pregnant, but when your only early in 2nd
trimester, it probably indicates that there is some muscle imbalance
that wouldn't be felt when you don't have pregnancy hormones, or change
in centre of gravity, but with those factors included that some pain
occurs.

About 18mths before I got pregnant the first time, I had knee surgery, I
did rehab, everything appeared to be fine, then I started having pain in
the hip/buttock around 14ish weeks, consulted a physio and it turned out
that some of the muscles around there were weaker than on the other leg
and it was really quite simple to get that sorted out, I just had to
clench by buttocks a few times daily!

Cheers
Anne

"Normal" recovery after "normal" birth -- lochia, clots, pain carlye Pregnancy 15 June 14th 06 11:02 PM
Pain and pressure maya Pregnancy 0 September 26th 05 06:16 PM
pressure bookers Pregnancy 19 March 13th 05 02:42 AM
pressure ......is this right? Nan Pregnancy 2 May 19th 04 01:49 AM
academic pressure Chris General 1 November 6th 03 10:07 PM