She'll eventually slow down again, right?

Old November 27th 07, 09:00 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default She'll eventually slow down again, right?

DD is almost 17 months and nurses ~2x/day, a bit more on weekends but
not much.

Last week she had the croup. Wouldn't eat or drink anything for 3 days
but she nursed. And nursed. And nursed. It was like she was going
through a growth spurt again.

I didn't mind it so much as I was glad she was at least getting some
fluids and nourishment (she wouldn't even take water). But now she's
all better (mostly...still some rough patches but mostly ok), and she
still wants to nurse All The Time. We keep offering food. She does eat
some, but a few bites and stops. This from the kid who ate
_everything_ - it took her awhile to get into solids but once she did,
she went at them with a vengeance. She had quite a varied diet. But
now it's about 80% breastmilk.

Well, she's back to daycare and I'm not sending EBM so she's eating
something, but she's still desperate to nurse when we get home and
then all night.

I'm not against continuing to nurse (provided I can get pg - TTC 4th
cycle now), but I only started ovulating again when her nursing
sessions cut down to 2x/day. Besides, my boobs hurt
Old November 29th 07, 11:58 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

In article
,
cjra wrote:

Last week she had the croup. Wouldn't eat or drink anything for 3 days
but she nursed. And nursed. And nursed. It was like she was going
through a growth spurt again.

I didn't mind it so much as I was glad she was at least getting some
fluids and nourishment (she wouldn't even take water). But now she's
all better (mostly...still some rough patches but mostly ok), and she
still wants to nurse All The Time. We keep offering food. She does eat
some, but a few bites and stops. This from the kid who ate
_everything_ - it took her awhile to get into solids but once she did,
she went at them with a vengeance. She had quite a varied diet. But
now it's about 80% breastmilk.

Well, she's back to daycare and I'm not sending EBM so she's eating
something, but she's still desperate to nurse when we get home and
then all night.

It might be wise to take her to the Dr again, just in case she has an ear
infection or something else that is making her uncomfortable. HEr throat
might still be a bit sore, in which case it will gradually ease, as will your
discomfort!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/
Old November 30th 07, 09:58 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

On Nov 29, 4:58 am, Chookie wrote:
In article
,

cjra wrote:
[...]

I was going to as I suspected an ear infection but decided to wait one
more day. She's much better now.She still wants to nurse a lot, but
she's eating more (the week at daycare helped).