Potty Training Twin Boys

Old December 3rd 03, 08:32 PM
KailaR

Default Potty Training Twin Boys

I need some advice on how to start the potty training process. My twins are 22 months old and I just wanted to start getting them used to the idea.
What should I do??

KailaR

Old December 4th 03, 05:50 AM
TwinMom

We put those little potties in both bathrooms and gave the boys full access
while DH & I were doing our thing, of course, the door was only left open
when the other wasn't home. LOL At first, the boys would sometimes just come
in and sit and talk, then they started to show interest. Just make sure they
can reach whatever solution you decide on, and make sure they have a secure
and safe (& supervised!) place to do their thing. A fall off of a stool can
be a traumatic set back, same for "missing" the pot and pooping on the floor
(and trying to clean it up themselves - YUK!). We experienced the missed
problem, with both boys, a day apart. One then refused to poop for three
days, got over it, but never went back to the potty stool - he climbed up on
the real potty. The other reverted back to diapers for a few months, much to
the delight of his brother who teased him relentlessly. As for the nighttime
thing, at 2 1/2, one boy woke up, took off his dry diaper, dropped it on the
floor and simply said "I'm Done!". The other son, the same one who reverted
to diapers, was about 6 months behind on the nighttime dryness. Again
resulting in more teasing to the delight of the other. Each child WILL
handle the situation differently, but the "big boys do" theme seemed to
really encourage them. We never had to use stickers, or any rewards. Since
I'm the primary care giver, and I don't pee standing, I did finally insist
that DH teach them to pee standing up. At that point, a few floating
Cheerios (or other floating) cereal worked wonders. Be prepared for an
aversion to outhouses, since they can really see where they are. Also, I
always used the top of my bent up foot (heel on ground, toes up-45 degree
angle) as a "stool" to reach the potty or sink. They sort of stand in the
crook of the ankle, on top of your foot. I still use this with my 3yo
daughter and it adds just enough boost to get her to the faucet.

GL Lorraine

Old December 8th 03, 09:24 PM
Adrian Grenham

On a related topic we would like some advice on toilet training 3.5 yo twin
boys - with another 24mth old running about the place

Rgds

Una

--
Regards
lkaboutparenting.com...

Old December 8th 03, 09:24 PM
Adrian Grenham

On a related topic we would like some advice on toilet training 3.5 yo twin
boys - with another 24mth old running about the place

Rgds

Una

--
Regards