what did you do to plan for a pregnancy (particularly if you areexpecting a difficult one)

Old July 3rd 07, 12:04 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default what did you do to plan for a pregnancy (particularly if you areexpecting a difficult one)

My first two weren't unplanned, but we conceived very quickly after
deciding to try for a baby (about 3 days first time, 3 weeks 2nd time),
so about the only planning I did was getting some folic acid. I've
recently discovered that the advice seems to be to take that for 3mths
before conceiving - though my multivitamins contain the recommended
dosage, so that's not something I have to plan.

Being as fit as possible is something I'm continually working on anyway
and that includes pelvic floor and transversus abdominus and all the
other stuff that is challenged by pregnancy.

I'm fully expecting that pregnancy is likely to be very difficult, I've
had SPD both times, 2nd time I felt the first twinge at 20 weeks and it
was very bad in the end and further damaged during birth, so 2 yrs on I
still feel pain from that most days. I've also had a few other
complications such as a severe kidney infection in the 2nd trimester and
my first baby was IUGR.

It's still going to be over a year before ttc, as I need surgery to
repair some damage in my hip relating to the last birth, but I was just
curious as to what others have done. Time flys when you have small
children and with the surgery (we haven't decided when yet), I know I'll
have a chunk of time when I'm trying to get ready for that and then a
chunk of time recovering. I also have sorting the kids bedroom out
hanging over my head and I could go about this in several different ways.

Anne
Old July 3rd 07, 02:29 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

Have sex? LOL. I don't think I did anything to prepare for any of the
pregnancies. But, I will say this, if I knew that the pregnancy was going to
be horrible and me not being able to take care of myself let alone the kids,
I wouldn't be getting pregnant again, but that's just me.
--
Sue

Old July 3rd 07, 04:25 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

"Sue" wrote in message
news:d4idnW80CbOk0hfbnZ2dnUVZ_oKnnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
Have sex? LOL. I don't think I did anything to prepare for any of the
pregnancies. But, I will say this, if I knew that the pregnancy was going
to be horrible and me not being able to take care of myself let alone the
kids, I wouldn't be getting pregnant again, but that's just me.
--
Sue

Or saving money to make sure you could hire a housekeeper and nanny, so that
your house and kids are taken care of if you are incapacitated. That would
be a good pre-pregnancy plan.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old July 3rd 07, 04:46 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

Yes, actually that would be a good idea. Or perhaps dedicate a room as a
play room so the kids have someplace safe and fun to go to.
--
Sue

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
. ..

Old July 6th 07, 04:50 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nikki

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
My first two weren't unplanned, but we conceived very quickly after
deciding to try for a baby (about 3 days first time, 3 weeks 2nd time), so
about the only planning I did was getting some folic acid. I've recently
discovered that the advice seems to be to take that for 3mths before
conceiving - though my multivitamins contain the recommended dosage, so
that's not something I have to plan.

All I did was take the vitamin and folic acid. I was current on my yearly
paps otherwise I may have done that. You have a reasonable risk that part
of the pregnancy may be spent on bedrest so you'd want to plan for that and
hope it didn't happen Kind of exciting Anne

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old July 8th 07, 05:42 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Sue wrote:
Have sex? LOL. I don't think I did anything to prepare for any of the
pregnancies. But, I will say this, if I knew that the pregnancy was going to
be horrible and me not being able to take care of myself let alone the kids,
I wouldn't be getting pregnant again, but that's just me.

It is difficult, there is a part of me that says don't be so stupid, but
then pregnancy is 9mths and a child is for life! There would be a lot
less children in the world if everyone had this approach. I think
knowing what we know now, that there is a good chance that we could
delay most problems until the 3rd trimester and minimise the risk of
problems after delivery. Just like Jamie suggests, we need to start
saving up and planning our budget such that we could get a nanny.

Cheers
Anne
Old July 8th 07, 05:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

All I did was take the vitamin and folic acid. I was current on my yearly
paps otherwise I may have done that. You have a reasonable risk that part
of the pregnancy may be spent on bedrest so you'd want to plan for that and
hope it didn't happen Kind of exciting Anne

I'd never even had a pap until 6mths ago (in the UK these days they are
not starting them until age 25 and I'm very low risk as DH and I have
both only had each other as a partner), but I will keep up to date, it's
a chance to check out doctors!

As I said, it's not going to be for a while anyway, but I think as it is
more challenging than usual it is something we have to plan for a bit
more and it does influence stuff like whether we keep the cot or not
when DD moves out of it. I also need time to get supremely fit and
strong to protect myself as much as possible.

Cheers
Anne

alarming weight gain - post pregnancy weight loss plan oregonchick Pregnancy 21 November 30th 05 08:02 PM
Difficult burper Jo General 12 July 23rd 05 07:20 PM
Not difficult at all Pop Foster Parents 3 May 27th 05 04:42 AM
HIV in pregnancy (also: Birth plan idea) (also: Good news for Rivka W...) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 February 8th 05 05:01 PM
Difficult 3 Yr Old ebischoff General 16 September 19th 03 06:18 PM