Giving gifts FROM twins/multiples

Old November 19th 03, 07:23 PM
Anita

Default Giving gifts FROM twins/multiples

If both my daughters are invited, I send two gifts. I make an exception if
both girls really want to purchase a single special gift together.

Anita

"Missy in Indiana" wrote in message
I just had a thought today and found myself stumped. I guess I thought

I'd ask
for opinions and input before this ever comes up for us. When your
twins/multiples get invited to a birthday party, do you send two gifts or

one?
My initial reaction was to send one nice gift. But, then when I pondered

it, I
realized that many of us (me included) tend to appreciate our little ones
receiving their own gifts vs. one gift to share when the situation

happens.
(Although we do alternative parties vs. accepting gifts.) So, following

that
line of thinking, it should be expected to reciprocate by each child

bringing a
separate gift. To really analyze the situation, I think it may also be
beneficial for each child to bring their own gift for the selfish purpose

of
allowing them the pride of presenting their own gift vs. one that has

shared
ownership. Okay, that's a lot of rambling, but this topic really got me
thinking. Right now we give family gifts, so it's not an issue. But, the
girls will soon be of an age where they will (gasp) be attending b-day

parties
w/o the family. So, any advice/input/opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Missy in Indiana http://hometown.aol.com/mhrust/overviewforng.html
Morgan Olivia & Julia Lucille 4/28/01 (YAY!)

---

Old November 19th 03, 08:36 PM
GandSBrock

Missy, I'm so glad you asked this question!! I've done it both ways. But my
main tendancy is to send one gift per child to each recipient (being a multiple
means you tend to make a lot of multiple friends!).
Just a few weeks ago, my DH took the boys out to shop for a b-day gift for a
friend and they came back with just one gift. I scolded him, but since the
boys picked it out and were thrilled with it, I wasn't going to crush them.

When it comes to giving Christmas gifts, we generally give real gifts as a
family, and then I'll try to get the boys to make something for the
grandparents. It'll be easier for them to do this year, since they are getting
more cooperative and dextrous (?).

Stephanie
Jake and Ryan 9/3/99

Old November 19th 03, 10:10 PM
Andrea

Missy-

I asked this same question on here when my girls were about 1 and the majority
of the responses were for giving 2 gifts so that's what we've done ever since.
My girls almost always receive separate gifts from party guests so I feel that
they should also give separate gifts. I think it also helps other people to
see them as individuals instead of "the twins". Sometimes I give separate
gifts that "go together," such as a sweater and a pair of pants, for example.

HTH,
Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3/22/00

Old November 19th 03, 10:33 PM
Kender

"Anita" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
If both my daughters are invited, I send two gifts. I make an exception

if
both girls really want to purchase a single special gift together.

Anita

I am the same as Anita. I tend to steer the girls towards picking out 2
gifts around $10 each but if there's something they want to get together
that's more expensive we do it that way.
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

Old November 20th 03, 12:27 AM
Julie Seely

Missy --

I'm also definitely in the one-present-from-each camp. The kids really
enjoy each choosing something for the birthday child and giving it to
him/her.

Personally, I would only go the one-large-present route with family or
very very close friends who would "get" it. Thus far, the kids haven't
ever chosen to go that route, anyway. They'd rather each have their own
gift to give.

Julie
Mom to Erica & Chris, 07/97

Old November 20th 03, 01:36 AM
Twinzmommie

This is very interesting as I have wondered about this recently too. I have
done it both ways, but more often have given ONE really nice present. Riley
and James are not quite at the age where they are picking out gifts for people.
When they become more interested I will certainly let them pick things out.

Incidently, we have several friends with 2 or more children in the family and
when they come to parties for my kids, they bring one gift FROM both children
for each of my kids. It is a family gift.

Michelle
Mommy to Riley Claire & James Michael
A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/twinzmommie/myhomepage/brag.html"Michelle's
Little Sweeties/A

HELP! Gifts for first time mother/father? Pregnancy 1 January 22nd 04 10:34 PM
Gifts Diablos General 12 December 31st 03 04:42 AM
teacher gifts: how much is too much? Nevermind General 40 December 26th 03 07:34 PM
Sorta stood up to MIL Megan Byrne Twins & Triplets 80 October 25th 03 07:08 PM
"no gifts, please" Sara General 29 September 22nd 03 08:27 AM