Toronto PERV PT correctional services Mimico Detention Centre

Old December 5th 06, 08:43 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Default Toronto PERV PT correctional services Mimico Detention Centre

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=TorontoHome

Photo
http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNew...ect_061204.jpg

Police believe 2 victims in alleged online abuse
toronto.ctv.ca

Toronto police now believe two young girls may have been molested live
over the Internet by a 26-year-old volunteer soccer coach.

Sex crimes unit Det. Const. Warren Bulmer says the California phone sex
worker who witnessed the alleged abuse of a seven-year-old girl says
there is another young victim.

"I was sick to my stomach. I was sick to my stomach and I just kept
thinking of the little girls," the woman said in an interview, her face
blurred to protect her identity.

Meanwhile, the accused's lawyer, Barry Goldman, says his client never
assaulted a child.

Goldman didn't want to appear on camera, but he told CTV News Matthew
Hughes has never had children in his apartment while having phone sex
online.

Toronto police charged Hughes with sexually assaulting a seven-year-old
over his webcam while chatting with a California phone sex worker. The
woman reported the alleged abuse to local authorities, who passed on
the information.

Hughes, a part-time correctional services worker at the Mimico
Detention Centre, appeared at the Finch Avenue courts on Tuesday
charged with making available child pornography, possession of child
pornography and sexual interference.

He looked anxious and upset, CTV's Janice Golding reported.

Hughes' father and uncles were present during the court proceeding, as
was his girlfriend, who broke down in tears at one point.

Hughes was remanded in custody until Friday.

He was arrested at his home on Dec. 1. Officers have seized his
computer.

Investigators are asking anyone who knows the accused, or has had
children in his care, to contact them at 416-808-8500, or Crime
Stoppers

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...l=969483202845

Child sought in sex abuse case
Man, 26, charged after woman reports sex assault of girl, 7, on web cam
Dec. 5, 2006. 01:00 AM
CURTIS RUSH
STAFF REPORTER

Police in California say a phone sex-trade operator has painted a
horrifying scene of watching a man sexually abusing a little girl on a
web cam while the victimcried throughout the ordeal.

The reported crime has led to a Toronto suspect and police frantically
searching for the little victim, who is believed to be about 7.

The suspect is a correctional services officer in Mimico who is also a
volunteer soccer coach, the Toronto Star has learned.

The allegations have not been proven.

The girl, and three others in the background, were reportedly crying on
the web cam as the assault took place.

There was no evidence any of those other three were sexually abused.

Woodlake Police Chief John Zapalac told the Toronto Star in an
interview from California that the phone-sex trade worker provided a
credible witness statement in the case of a Toronto man accused on
pornography charges.

"She had no reason to lie," said John Zapalac, chief of the Woodlake
police department.

The woman, believed to be in her 40s or 50s, worked at home, providing
sex talk for a fee, the chief of police said.

The sex-trade worker had contact with a Toronto suspect for about a
week before the online sexual chat became deeply disturbing, Woodlake
police say.

What the woman saw "was shocking," Zapalac said. No charges are being
filed against her.

The accused has been involved with girls and boys soccer in the
Mississauga area, although police are not focusing on the league.

"We believe the person we're looking for is somebody he knows
personally, who would be comfortable being alone with him," Det. Sgt.
Kim Scanlan said.

Police have contacted parents of youths in the Mississauga soccer
league and no one reported any negative comments, Scanlan said.

Police are concentrating on canvassing the neighbourhood where the
accused lives.

But they will not identify the neighbourhood fearing it would publicly
identify the girl.

The reported abuse occurred in a west-end Toronto home.

Police say the suspect isn't co-operating. Stuart McGetrick, a
spokesperson for the Mimico Correctional Centre, confirmed the accused
is a correctional worker at Mimico.

"He has been employed there about two years," McGetrick told the Star.

McGetrick would not comment on the accused's work record or discuss
whether he would be suspended.

The official would not say whether Hughes was working on Nov. 26.

On that day, the woman in Woodlake, Calif., called police in the U.S.
to report what was going on.

Four days later, the suspect made contact with the woman again and
police were there to try to establish the man's location.

Woodlake police, with help from the Department of Homeland Security,
determined that the reported abuse took place in southern Ontario.

Homeland Security contacted the Toronto police and acting on that
information, police say they were able to narrow thefield to a
Toronto-area address, where they made the arrest on Dec. 1.

Toronto police seized computer equipment and say they are going through
the video to see if they can identify the girl.

Matthew Hughes, 26, of Toronto, has been arrested and charged with one
count of sexual interference with a person under 14, possession of
child pornography and making available child pornography.

He has a court appearance today.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_5837.aspx

California Police Tip Off T.O. Counterparts To Live Child Sex Assault
Monday December 4, 2006
In the past, Toronto Police have been instrumental in leading other law
enforcement officials to suspected pedophiles.
Now one of them has returned the favour.

The story began a week ago Sunday, when a woman chatting online with a
man alleged she saw him sexually assault a seven-year-old child live
over a webcam.

When she reported the crime to cops in the town of Woodlake,
California, they launched an investigation. It led them to a suspect in
Toronto.

That's when detectives there called their counterparts here and gave
them the information they needed to find the man they accused of being
responsible.

They took 26-year-old Matthew Hughes into custody on Friday. They've
also searched his residence and seized his computer in the hunt for
evidence. Even more disturbing is the belief that the suspect was once
a youth soccer coach in the G.T.A.

"We believe he had some volunteer coaching of kids' soccer," reveals
Det. Const. Warren Bulmer.

Hughes is facing charges of sexual interference with a person under 14
and making and possessing child pornography. He'll be in court on
December 5th.

Officers admit they're seeing a disturbing increase in the number of
webcam-related sex crimes.

"We are seeing more webcam use, not really sure the exact cause of it,
but yes, it's definitely something that's out there and we have to be
aware of it," adds Bulmer. "And I would say it's definitely increased
in the last 12 months that we've been seeing it."

But this case is far from closed. Cops still have no idea who the child
was and desperately need to locate the victim.

They're asking anyone who may have information on Hughes' activities
over the last few weeks to call them at (416) 808-8500.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NAS...=1112101662670
Child porn charges follow online chat

The Canadian Press
Toronto (Dec 5, 2006)
A Toronto man is scheduled to appear in court today on child
pornography charges after a youngster was allegedly sexually assaulted
during an online chat between a man in Toronto and a woman in the U.S.

Police are still trying to identify the young victim.

Toronto police say they executed a search warrant at the man's home on
Friday and seized a computer and other equipment.

They were acting on a tip from Woodlake police in central California
and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Toronto police say a woman contacted U.S. authorities after she said
she saw a man sexually assault a child while she was chatting with him
online last month.

Police in California gathered information on the case and contacted
Toronto police.

Matthew Hughes, 26, is facing charges of sexual interference,
possession of child pornography and making available child pornography.

Old December 5th 06, 09:26 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Which if the three newsgroups you posted this to does this concern,
Greg?

Or are you pretending to claim that prison guards are especially prone
to sexual abusing?

Kane

Old December 5th 06, 09:30 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Remember when I pointed out that sweeps for PERVS
find lots WORKING IN THE SYSTEM?

Old December 5th 06, 10:16 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Remember when I pointed out that sweeps for PERVS
find lots WORKING IN THE SYSTEM?

Sure. That question is not an answer to my question below.

It's just smart mouthing.

Which if the three newsgroups you posted this to does this concern,
Greg?

Or are you pretending to claim that prison guards are especially prone
to sexual abusing?

So, yes, you posted something like that "sweeps for PERVS find lots
WORKING IN THE SYSTEM"...but you did not mention it with the article. I
prefer not to guess what someone means, when I can ask him or her directly.

So I'm asking you, directly. What is the significance of your posting
this article. And what, by the way, constitutes, "lots." I consider one,
"lots."

Will you now unethically refuse to engage with answers, and if you wish
with counter challenges?

How is it you appear to have few, if any, personal rules of conduct for
yourself...but such a long list you demand of other people?

Kane

Old December 5th 06, 10:23 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Remember when I pointed out that sweeps for PERVS
find lots WORKING IN THE SYSTEM?

I presume you mean, the government system.

"Hughes, a part-time correctional services worker at the Mimico
Detention Centre, .. "

Could be a contractor provided service, Greg. A lot of jails and
prisons are these days.

And why would you have "pointed out" this particular phenomena?

Nothing to say but point fingers?

Greg, most people work. I presume among them there are pervs. I'm not
surprised to find them anyway. Including a great many in the private
sector.

I just don't go around pointing them out for that reason.

Or were you just concerned over the abuses witnessed, and the
perpetrator not mattering?

Kane

Old December 5th 06, 11:51 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Dan Sullivan

Greg searches the net looking for stories about even year old girls
getting molested... nostalgia?

Old December 5th 06, 11:56 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Dan Sullivan

Greg searches the net looking for stories about seven year old girls
getting molested... nostalgia?

Old December 7th 06, 03:21 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

How long will it take before a Juvenile Court Judge
gets caught on a Thai sex junket, or an NBC perv sting?

Has it already taken place.

Old December 7th 06, 03:36 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
How long will it take before a Juvenile Court Judge
gets caught on a Thai sex junket, or an NBC perv sting?

How long do you think?

Has it already taken place.

Can't say. Can you?

How long will it be before one is caught shoplifting?

Do you really enjoy that dark dank little hole you live in somewhere in
the out reaches of what passes for your mind?

The world is a much more enjoyable place than you seem able to live in.

0:-