Unfortunate mistake

Old May 9th 05, 12:40 PM
Jennifer Howe

Default Unfortunate mistake

My best friends step sister had her baby Yesterday. The sonographer
repeatedly told her throughout her pregnancy she was having a girl. Well
She popped out a boy instead. I guess this can be honestly mistaken lol.
I hope it doesn't happen to us. I go for my last full scan on the 17th of
may so will get them to take the anatomy again just to make sure.

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03
Alexander via c-section June 1st

Old May 9th 05, 12:55 PM
Mamma Mia

"Jennifer Howe" wrote in message
. net...
My best friends step sister had her baby Yesterday. The sonographer
repeatedly told her throughout her pregnancy she was having a girl. Well
She popped out a boy instead. I guess this can be honestly mistaken lol.
I hope it doesn't happen to us. I go for my last full scan on the 17th of
may so will get them to take the anatomy again just to make sure.

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03
Alexander via c-section June 1st

how did they take the news? i can imagine for some it would be disastrous

Old May 9th 05, 04:11 PM
Marie

On Mon, 9 May 2005 21:55:00 +1000, "Mamma Mia"
wrote:
how did they take the news? i can imagine for some it would be disastrous

Well, do people really take it so seriously? Everyone knows the
ultrasound can be iffy regarding the sex of the baby, so do people
really go out and buy so many boy/girl things only that it *could* be
disastrous?
I did not know with all three of mine, and had neutral things in the
beginning. (once the baby's born people seem to like to buy beautiful
outfits for it)
Marie
Old May 9th 05, 04:18 PM
Iuil

"Marie" wrote
how did they take the news? i can imagine for some it would be

disastrous

Well, do people really take it so seriously? Everyone knows the
ultrasound can be iffy regarding the sex of the baby, so do people
really go out and buy so many boy/girl things only that it *could* be
disastrous?

We found out this time (no I'm not saying) and anything new I've bought has
all been gender neutral. All DD's newborn stuff is neutral too, since we
didn't find out with her. Baby will be in our room for the first year
anyway, so there was no decorating involved either.

We do have a name picked but we also have an alternate name, just in case.

Old May 9th 05, 08:21 PM
Mum of Two

wrote:
how did they take the news? i can imagine for some it would be disastrous

Well, do people really take it so seriously? Everyone knows the
ultrasound can be iffy regarding the sex of the baby, so do people
really go out and buy so many boy/girl things only that it *could* be
disastrous?

We were considered high risk, so we had plenty of U/S, and they all showed
DD to be very much a girl. I saw it myself. Had she been a boy I'd have been
pretty P'd off - not because I cared about the gender either way, but
because I'd painted her door a lovely shade of lilac and put wooden letters
on it to spell out her name. It was a major accomplishment while whale
sized, and I couldn't imagine having to redo it with a newborn - lol.
I know it isn't always accurate though, especially at an 18-20 week scan - a
friend's child Edward went home wearing a lovely pink matinee jacket ;-)

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old May 10th 05, 02:00 AM
take two

wrote:
how did they take the news? i can imagine for some it would be disastrous

Well, do people really take it so seriously? Everyone knows the
ultrasound can be iffy regarding the sex of the baby, so do people
really go out and buy so many boy/girl things only that it *could* be
disastrous?

My dr didn't tell me that it was iffy. She said that it was a girl.
Period. If I had thought it was iffy, I would have been more neutral in my
shopping. Fortunately it was a girl. Maybe people are just not that
informed...

Old May 10th 05, 08:19 AM
Jake Mysterio

In Melbourne, Australia they at all the ultrasounds myself and friends have
had you are given a % of chance. For example we were told 95%chance Sean was
a boy, 60%chance Jasmine was a girl, this time round we have been told
70%chance a girl. So with only 70%chance we mostly tell people we dont know
the sex cause lets face it 70% is not to definate.

Cheri
Mum to Sean and Jasmine

Old May 9th 05, 04:23 PM
Jennifer Howe

the best she could because she is a single mom, good thing I have some
clothes here that I'm going through to see what I don't need and what I can
give up to her that way she has something that is boyish for now.

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03
Alexander due Via C-section June 1st

Old May 9th 05, 01:39 PM
Nikki

Jennifer Howe wrote:
My best friends step sister had her baby Yesterday. The sonographer
repeatedly told her throughout her pregnancy she was having a girl.
Well She popped out a boy instead. I guess this can be honestly
mistaken lol. I hope it doesn't happen to us. I go for my last full
scan on the 17th of may so will get them to take the anatomy again
just to make sure.

Oh goodness. That would be sooo disconcerting.

--
Nikki

Old May 9th 05, 03:52 PM
Mary W.

Nikki wrote:

Jennifer Howe wrote:

My best friends step sister had her baby Yesterday. The sonographer
repeatedly told her throughout her pregnancy she was having a girl.
Well She popped out a boy instead. I guess this can be honestly
mistaken lol. I hope it doesn't happen to us. I go for my last full
scan on the 17th of may so will get them to take the anatomy again
just to make sure.

Oh goodness. That would be sooo disconcerting.

Honestly, this was one of the reasons we didn't find out
with DD1. Turns out we both really liked the surprise at
the end, so we didn't find out with DD2 either.

But, yeah, it sure would throw you for a loop! Did they
have a boy name, or do they have to come up with one?

Mary W.