Are we there yet?

Old August 12th 03, 08:12 PM
Cheryl S.

Default Are we there yet?

I wasn't going to do it (meaning: write a "when am I going to have this
baby" post) but I just have an overwhelming need to whine, lol. I am
not even 37 weeks until Thursday, but I am soooooo ready to not be
pregnant anymore. Julie was born at 38 weeks, so even though I have
tried hard to keep 40 in mind, I keep counting down to 38 instead.

We have everything ready, except a name, which I've given up thinking
about - DH has shot down everything I've suggested so the ball's in his
court now.

Julie and I haven't been going anywhere (both because it's too tiring
for me, and because Julie has, of all possible weeks, chosen *this week*
to start wearing underwear, and is really doing well but isn't reliable
just yet) so I'm utterly bored. Usually we go out every day. And of
course this also means I have extra clothing changes to assist Julie
with, extra laundry, and extra floor cleaning, when I am barely capable
of even touching the floor.

Last night as I tried to go to sleep, *everything*, from my waist down,
hurt, just from lugging around these 30 extra pounds 24/7. My feet
hurt, every one of my leg muscles is sore, my hips feel like they're
turning inside out and my back was a wreck.

I've been having around a dozen "warm-up" contractions per day, for a
week now, but they only make me feel like my body's playing mind games
with me. I never had any with Julie, so now I can see how this could
get really annoying if it goes on for weeks like I know it has for some
people here.

Now, would all you kind, sensible people out there please remind me that
I am only 36 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and it's ridiculous to even be
thinking of starting to wish for labor yet - it could be another 4+
weeks. Thanks. :-)
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 4 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old August 12th 03, 09:32 PM
Sandi

"Cheryl S." wrote in message
[...]

I know just how you feel! Abby was born at 39 weeks, so when I went for my
36 week checkup with Natalie and was told I was already dilated to 2cm
(which is where I was at 37 weeks with Abby), I started counting the days to
38 weeks when I was sure I was going to go into labor. That was the longest
2 weeks of my life!

Hopefully you can find some way to make it seem like the time is passing
more quickly and that you can stay comfortable until that baby is "done".
Maybe if you think back to when you were in school. Pretend September 4 is
the first day of school and suddenly it will seem like its coming way too
fast!

--
Sandi
Abby (9/20/00)

Old August 12th 03, 11:07 PM
GoofeeGyrl

We have everything ready, except a name, which I've given up thinking
about - DH has shot down everything I've suggested so the ball's in his
court now.

Bless you that you are patient enough to deal with that! I am so horribly
impatient (much worse now that I am preg) and I finally "put my foot down" with
DH last Sunday night and told him we had to make a decison that night!!!
Luckily we were on the fence with one name and just decided to pick that one.

Julie and I haven't been going anywhere (both because it's too tiring
for me, and because Julie has, of all possible weeks, chosen *this week*
to start wearing underwear, and is really doing well but isn't reliable
just yet) so I'm utterly bored.

I feel your pain on this one! Sophie and I barely go anywhere anymore either.
Between the heat and being exhausted, I just don't want to do it. Thank
goodness for her playgroup and gymnastics class otherwise we would never go
anywhere, AT ALL! I long for her naptime just so that I don't have to feel
guilty that I am not taking her anywhere! But don't worry, it's only for a
really short time in Julie's life, I don't think she will be any worse for wear
in the long run

And of
course this also means I have extra clothing changes to assist Julie
with, extra laundry, and extra floor cleaning, when I am barely capable
of even touching the floor.

Sorry that you have so much extra work to do! Can you have her do the naked
thing from the waist down/wear dresses so it makes it less clean up for you as
she learns to use the potty? Sophie has been using that potty exclusively (at
home!) for months now, and most days she is still just in a dress with no
underwear at home so she can run to the potty.

I've been thinking of you lately--I remembered you mentioning that Julie was 2
weeks early so I know this must be so hard for you to wait. All the
contractions must not help your wait either. Hope you get some great words of
encouragement.

I know it's hard to accept, but it REALLY won't be that much longer!!!

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
and girl #2, due Sept 7th

Old August 12th 03, 11:32 PM
Karen

"Cheryl S." wrote:

Now, would all you kind, sensible people out there please remind me that
I am only 36 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and it's ridiculous to even be
thinking of starting to wish for labor yet - it could be another 4+
weeks. Thanks. :-)

My !@#!@$#@$#$ computer won't let me type more than two sentences. It's
zapped my
reply three times so I'll be brief.
I hear you!!!

(((((((((((HUG)))))))))))

We'll both be done soon..................but not soon enough!!!!!!!!!!

K-
35w6d-36w3d depending on who you believe:-)
Dh is wishing for August 28 and I'm starting to agree

Old August 13th 03, 03:50 PM
Em

"Cheryl S." wrote in message
I wasn't going to do it (meaning: write a "when am I going to have this
baby" post) but I just have an overwhelming need to whine, lol. I am
not even 37 weeks until Thursday, but I am soooooo ready to not be
pregnant anymore. Julie was born at 38 weeks, so even though I have
tried hard to keep 40 in mind, I keep counting down to 38 instead.

I can *so* see how easy it would be to count down to 38 weeks based on your
past experience! (even if you know you shouldn't). I'm doing the same thing
with the due date--knowing that I should not expect anything until 8 days
past and yet *really* thinking he'll probably be here a few days before the
due date...

My doctor compounded this tendency by telling me at my last appointment that
August 26th (36 weeks) was when I get in the "safe zone" to have the baby at
the birth center. So, of course that has made me start thinking that he
*could* be here in two weeks and everything would work out fine....

I know I would be much better off keeping a 6-8 weeks timeline in mind
instead, but I can't help it! Since I am quite a *planner* as well, now I
want to make sure I have everything done before August 26th, just in case.
Project of the day is still trying to get all of my last year's worth of
pictures and memorabilia into my photo album. I'm about halfway done now.

We have everything ready, except a name, which I've given up thinking
about - DH has shot down everything I've suggested so the ball's in his
court now.

Ooh! The clock is ticking! Good luck picking something soon :-)

Julie and I haven't been going anywhere (both because it's too tiring
for me, and because Julie has, of all possible weeks, chosen *this week*
to start wearing underwear, and is really doing well but isn't reliable
just yet) so I'm utterly bored. Usually we go out every day. And of
course this also means I have extra clothing changes to assist Julie
with, extra laundry, and extra floor cleaning, when I am barely capable
of even touching the floor.

Good luck with the potty training journey--it certainly would be nice if she
gets everything worked out before the new baby gets here.

Last night as I tried to go to sleep, *everything*, from my waist down,
hurt, just from lugging around these 30 extra pounds 24/7. My feet
hurt, every one of my leg muscles is sore, my hips feel like they're
turning inside out and my back was a wreck.

I've been having around a dozen "warm-up" contractions per day, for a
week now, but they only make me feel like my body's playing mind games
with me. I never had any with Julie, so now I can see how this could
get really annoying if it goes on for weeks like I know it has for some
people here.

Now, would all you kind, sensible people out there please remind me that
I am only 36 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and it's ridiculous to even be
thinking of starting to wish for labor yet - it could be another 4+
weeks. Thanks. :-)

I could *try* to be kind & sensible, but because I'm starting to do the same
kind of thinking, it is hard to do honestly! ;-)

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old August 14th 03, 01:23 PM
Cheryl S.

GoofeeGyrl wrote in message
Bless you that you are patient enough to deal with that! I am
so horribly impatient (much worse now that I am preg) and I
finally "put my foot down" with DH last Sunday night and told
him we had to make a decison that night!!! Luckily we were
on the fence with one name and just decided to pick that one.

Being married to my DH has been an exercise in learning patience. He
calls it, "tolerance therapy". :-) It is good for me though. I had a
horribly short temper most of my life, and still lose it now and then.
But, we do now have a name!! Yay! It's funny, once I said, "I'm out of
ideas. You'll have to come up with the name.", the name I'd suggested
became just right.

I feel your pain on this one! Sophie and I barely go anywhere
anymore either. Between the heat and being exhausted, I just
don't want to do it. Thank goodness for her playgroup and
gymnastics class otherwise we would never go anywhere, AT
ALL! I long for her naptime just so that I don't have to feel
guilty that I am not taking her anywhere! But don't worry, it's
only for a really short time in Julie's life, I don't think she will
be any worse for wear in the long run

Oh, you are a nicer mom than me. I wasn't even worried about Julie - I
was only thinking of how bored I am myself! She seems fine, and DH
takes her outside when he gets home from work which she loves.

Sorry that you have so much extra work to do! Can you
have her do the naked thing from the waist down/wear
dresses so it makes it less clean up for you as she learns to
use the potty? Sophie has been using that potty exclusively (at
home!) for months now, and most days she is still just in a
dress with no underwear at home so she can run to the potty.

Yay for Sophie! Isn't it amazing to see them learn something so
"grown-up" when they still look so little? I haven't thought about
having her go without pants, because then all the mess would be on the
floor and I think it would be harder for me right now, to clean big
messes on the floor, than to do laundry and have just a few spots on the
floor.

I've been thinking of you lately--I remembered you mentioning
that Julie was 2 weeks early so I know this must be so hard for
you to wait. All the contractions must not help your wait either.
Hope you get some great words of encouragement.

Thanks, Linda! The contractions are getting annoying, that's for sure.
It's also hard because I keep getting anxious thinking, "will there
really be someone available when I go into labor to come watch Julie?".
If only I could know when it's going to be.

I know it's hard to accept, but it REALLY won't be that much
longer!!!

I hope so, for both of us!

Old August 14th 03, 01:25 PM
Cheryl S.

Karen wrote in message
My !@#!@$#@$#$ computer won't let me type
more than two sentences. It's zapped my
reply three times so I'll be brief.

Oh don't you just love computers. I couldn't get on newsgroups
yesterday afternoon at all and when I finally did, it zapped a lot of
new messages, telling me they weren't available on the server anymore.

I hear you!!!
(((((((((((HUG)))))))))))

Thanks, Karen.

We'll both be done soon..................but not soon enough!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly!! :-)

Old August 14th 03, 01:26 PM
Cheryl S.

Sue wrote in message
Awww ((hugs))) Cheryl. I really feel for you. My first pregnancy
was through the summer and I thought I was going to die. I
ended up delivery her at 38 weeks, so here's hoping )

Thanks, Sue. I hardly have the right to complain about a summer
pregnancy though. I can't believe how lucky I've been that it's hardly
gotten into the 80s for most of the summer. Still, 38 weeks again sure
would be nice!

Old August 14th 03, 01:31 PM
Cheryl S.

Laurie wrote in message
.. .
Chery, I wouldn't dare remind you of that since I felt exactly
the same way!!!! It's SO much harder the second time,
having a 2 year old running around. I vividly remember how
I felt.

I remember too - I've been thinking I need to get out and do some
"electric slide". :-)

Major sympathy vibes heading your way, and I really
hope this little guy is as impatient as Julie was! 2 more days
and he can feel free to show up. That's crazy to think he
could be here in a week, like Julie was! WOW!~~~

Thanks, Laurie! As much as I am wishing for him to come, it is
sometimes a shock to suddenly, really realize just how soon it could be!

I can't wait for you to have this baby! You're going to love
having a boy. It's so cool to see the differences. Little girls
are awesome, but it's really neat to see that little boys are too!

At first I kept thinking, "a boy? what am I going to do with a boy?"
but now I am excited too. I can't wait to see what he's like.

Old August 14th 03, 02:47 PM
Sandi

"Cheryl S." wrote in message
Sandi wrote in message
I know just how you feel! Abby was born at 39 weeks, so
when I went for my 36 week checkup with Natalie and was
told I was already dilated to 2cm (which is where I was at 37
weeks with Abby), I started counting the days to 38 weeks
when I was sure I was going to go into labor. That was the
longest 2 weeks of my life!

Then was Natalie born at 38 weeks? I had an appointment yesterday and
was 1 cm, 50% effaced, which is where I was 6 days before Julie was
born! (I know, I could stay like this for another three weeks. I only
asked for a check because I wanted to know if the contractions I've been
having had done anything.)

Natalie was born at about 38 1/2 weeks, but I was induced. I was 4 cm at my
appointment the day before, and I was worried about making it to the
hospital in time if my water broke (Abby was born an hour or so after they
broke my water and I had figured it would take me close to an hour to *get*
to the hospital if I was home alone and had to wait for someone to get there
to take me). So when my OB suggested induction, I was so impatient that I
agreed. Everything worked out fine and Natalie was definitely ready to be
born (she was 8 lbs 9 ozs and almost 21 inches long), but I may have
actually gone to 39 weeks with her too if I had just waited.

Hopefully you can find some way to make it seem like the time
is passing more quickly and that you can stay comfortable until
that baby is "done".

I think I just need to suck it up and get out of the house and do all
the things we usually do. Well, maybe not *all*, but some! Thanks,
Sandi.