Yogourt (OT)

Old July 12th 03, 06:22 AM
Cheryl M. \(ChatBrat\)

Default Yogourt (OT)

Does anyone have any solid references which explain why yogourt is different
from cow's milk and, therefore, can be introduced earlier than cow's milk?
(By solid, I mean true scientific data). My DH (family physician by trade)
is going on and on about cow's milk being introduced too early can
contribute to onset of type 1 diabetes and I'm saying "BUT IT'S YOGOURT, NOT
COW'S MILK"

theother Cheryl

Old July 12th 03, 07:33 AM
Plissken

"Cheryl M. (ChatBrat)" wrote in message
Does anyone have any solid references which explain why yogourt is

different
from cow's milk and, therefore, can be introduced earlier than cow's milk?
(By solid, I mean true scientific data). My DH (family physician by

trade)
is going on and on about cow's milk being introduced too early can
contribute to onset of type 1 diabetes and I'm saying "BUT IT'S YOGOURT,

NOT
COW'S MILK"

theother Cheryl

This may be of some help:

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/t045700.asp

Nadene

Old July 12th 03, 02:20 PM
Michelle Podnar

From what I understand it also has to do with the quantity given. Yogurt is
given maybe once a day, and maybe a few tablespoons, but when people
normally give cow's milk, it is to replace formula, or breastmilk in their
diet, so a lot more is given, so more reaction will be noticed. If you eat
a handful of Strawberries you are fine, but try eating it for every meal,
and you may not be.....

Michelle P