UPDATE: Pulling at breast (Cracked nipple advice needed)

Old July 11th 03, 03:35 AM
Jodie

Default UPDATE: Pulling at breast (Cracked nipple advice needed)

Well, as you can tell from the subject line, the football hold did not
turn out to be my saving grace. She saw it as an opportunity to not
only pull my nipple out with one hand, but two! (stinker!!)

However, I am happy to report that, after trying the football for a
couple of days, we have gone back to cradle and she doesn't seem to be
pulling quite as bad. But, in the meantime, my poor nipple has been
through the ringer and is somewhat mangled (exaggerating).

Knock on wood, I didn't have any early nipple cracking with her, just
severe pain. Can someone refresh my memory as to what I should do for
cracked and bleeding nipples?

Thanks for all your help
Jodie

Old July 11th 03, 03:49 PM
Melissa

Lansinoh all the time. Gob it on before and after each feeding and before
and after each shower. I had brutal bleeding nipples and the Lansinoh
completely cured them in 3-4 days even while we were still perfecting DD's
latch.

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Old July 11th 03, 09:49 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

Jodie wrote:

Can someone refresh my memory as to what I should do for
cracked and bleeding nipples?

Lansinoh. I haven't been able to find it at the
Babies-R-Us, Wal-mart, or Target in Tulsa, but the
Babies-R-Us and Target both carry PureLan. (I've actually
got an opened but never-used tube of PureLan you're welcome
to; I ended up weaning myself off the Lansinoh before the
tube I got by mail-order ran out.)

I second the recommendation to use it frequently (I put it
on after feedings and before showers). The bloody spot
cleared up overnight, the smaller cracks in a couple of
days. It gets on everything, though, and I can't get the
greasy stains out.

Phoebe

Old July 12th 03, 05:44 PM
Jodie

Thanks, Phoebe. I already had a tube of Lanisnoh that I got before she
was born, and am gobbing it on (thanks Melissa ) like the dickens.
It is getting better, there just seems to be on stubborn spot that is
slow to heal.

Jodie