white baby shoes

Old September 18th 03, 06:59 PM
Scott Lindstrom

Default white baby shoes

Elizabeth Gardner wrote:

Also, for any individual pair of shoes, you'll find that this is a very
short-lived problem. I remember buying a pair of those white leather
shoes as "baby's first," and since it was winter when she started
walking, they were rarely worn. No shoes inside, and boots for
outside. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't have bothered. She outgrew
them in about 30 seconds, and for her second pair, I think I went to
sneakers. And stayed there, except for white sandals in the summer and
"party shoes" for special occasions.

I don't really recall shoes for DD or DS, either. We
did buy those cloth booties with the elastic tops, but
whenever it was warm, most of the time the kids were
barefoot or in socks (unless they pulled the socks
off )

Scott DD 10 and DS 7

Old September 19th 03, 01:50 AM
Mary Gordon

I'm in Toronto, so I don't know what brands you can buy where you
live, but they make liquid white shoe polish that comes with in a
bottle with a sponge top applicator. Works well. Here is the only
picture I could find of a product like this, but here its quite
common, particularly in white. Covers dirty marks quite well.

http://www.allheart.com/nm880224.html

Mary G.

Old September 19th 03, 12:02 PM
Cheryl

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:47:49 EDT, Michael Hamm
wrote:

Perhaps a bit OT, but we just bought our 1-year-old new shoes, and my wife
insisted on white (over my objections that they'd get much dirtier than
black). They're already(!) getting dirty. Is there a good way of really
cleaning white shoes (beyond removing the removable particles)?

FWIW my husband is in the navy and wears white shoes. When he's in a
hurry and hasn't got any shoe polish he uses toothpaste on a soft
cloth. That might help you.

--
Cheryl
Mum to DS#1 (11 Mar 99), DS#2 (4 Oct 00)

Old December 7th 04, 04:07 PM

Have you tried buying soft-soled leather baby shoes? We buy ours from a
site called Cute BabyShoes -- http://www.cutebabyshoes.com
They have 10 brands and usually have 600+ pairs in stock. All of them
are hand or machine washable and they have soft leather uppers and soft
suede soles. My kids have worn them from birth well into the walking
years. The soft soles help them grip the ground and the elastic
closures keep them on (with or without socks) so baby can't pull them
off and lose them. Then once they're dirty we just hand wash them
quickly and let them dry. They always look great. Plus the company is
great to work with and has super fast shipping.

Alexa
mom to 2 boys

Unconsolable infant dkc General 18 May 25th 04 11:02 PM
| off topic for Kane Kane General 3 April 25th 04 07:22 AM
Baby's first walking shoes AnnaS General 25 February 15th 04 12:04 PM
baby shoes that stay on hobbes General 26 October 21st 03 09:16 PM
Introducing your dog to your newborn. Hany Hosny General (moderated) 2 August 10th 03 11:02 PM