Gee, wouldn't a good hard spanking be easier and more effective?

Old July 26th 06, 10:20 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Carlson LaVonne

Default Gee, wouldn't a good hard spanking be easier and more effective?

Cutting attributes -- refusing to engage in the ongoing discussion --
resorting to diversion and personal harrassment. Seems rather typical
behavior from individuals on the ng who rail against CPS and who believe
children are for hitting and hurting, with no legal recourse.

It's hard to behave with respect when one hasn't been treated with
respect as a child. It's hard to debate when one has no debating
position. It's hard to be honest when one has learned dishonesty at the
hands of his/her parents.

It's so interesting to compare the posts and responses of the CPS
hating, spanking advocates, and the posts of individuals who care about
the future of children, and who advocate love, teaching, kind
parenting, and trust.

LaVonne

Greegor wrote:

LaVonne remembers being spanked so much she is crusading to stop
spanking.

Kane remembers sweeping out a store. Oh the trauma.

Old July 27th 06, 10:28 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Greegor

LaVonne: Your Freudian slip is showing!

Old August 3rd 06, 11:24 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Carlson LaVonne

I want to say only one thing in response to this post.

Yes, my child was between 8-10 years old when the shoplifting incident
occurred. Some children do not understand the concept of stealing and
personal ownership until that age. Some children at that age also test
limits -- "Can I get away with this, even though it's wrong, because I
really, really want it?"

I never felt that I wasted time teaching my girls right from wrong, even
if one time, between 8-10 years, there was a shoplifting incident. But
then, I never felt time spent parenting was a waste of time.

Doan and Greegor may have felt that time spent parenting was a waste of
their time. I felt it was the most important job I would ever be
privileged to have. Yes, for me, parenting was a privilege.

LaVonne

0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, 0:- wrote:

Carlson LaVonne wrote:

Amanda,

Spanking is always easier, as you said. Effectiveness may last for a
few days, in the spanker's presence.

I loved your shoplifting example. Professional help is not always
necessary, however, unless it becomes a chronic problem. I have a
great
shoplifting story:

When my oldest daughter was between 8-10 years, she shoplifted,
once. My
husband and I were at Mart, buying school clothes and supplies. Fran
saw a Reebok key chain that she desperately wanted. She had enough
allowance money to cover the purchase, but she didn't want to spend her
money. I thought the matter was settled.

Later that night I was doing laundry and found the key chain in her
pocket. I showed her they key chain and asked how it came to be in her
pocket. She became angry and said, "The key chain just fell there!" I
told her she had two choices because she didn't own the key chain. She
could go back to K-mart with me and pay for the key chain with her
money, or she could talk to the security officers and admit that she
took the key chain without paying. I avoided the word "stealing."

She choose the security officers. They were wonderful with her, took
her key chain with the tiny Reebok shoe, and talked to her about the
importance of theft.

She never shoplifted again. She's now 27. And, I never spanked her!

LaVonne

But, but, but...look at the time you wasted, and the ideas you put in
her head about how to con store security.

Yup! 8-10 years of non-spanking and her kids still didn't know that
shoplifting is wrong.

Kid, stupid.

If they've never shoplifted before, as her's had not, you can assure us
that 8-10 years of spanking results in children automatically knowing
shoplifting is wrong?

Hell, you are much older and you still haven't learned lying is wrong,
monkeyboy. Or that you have no grasp of logic.

The lessons come when they come, Greg, and not before. I was six, her's
was older.

I guess I was precocious. 0:-

Now with a simple but hard spanking she'd have learned her lesson too,
wouldn't she?

I mean look at all the non-spanked children that end up in prison.

And all the wonderfully honest among us that were spanked. Right?

Yup! 98% of college freshmen and 95% of professional! ;-)

This assures us they were wonderfully honest role models? Really?

They were unlikely to be telling the truth, Greg. Being spanked used to
be a badge of pride. Comes with trying to overcome feelings of being
"different." "Compensation," we call it.

It's become much less so since those surveys, by self reporting, were done.

Politicians, sports stars, business men. And more, surely.

Yup! Martin Luther King, Mother Theresa, Ted Turner, Tiger Woods....
LaVonne Carlson. ;-)

I don't recall seeing LaVonne's name anywhere but here. Are you
hallucinating again? Or is she in fact famous.

Can you name a "never-spanked" person?

Sure. A great many. But I'm not at liberty to share other's stories here
that are private persons. Nor their names.

And so far as I know, people don't feel inclined to discuss not being
spanked. It seems, I would suppose, kind of pointless and might be seen
as trying to appear superior.

They are, of course, and that's why they are sensitive to other people's
feelings.

They lack the urge to hurt others.

You seem up on it though. Got any more insults, monkeyboy?

You git what you give, fool. If I so chose. YOU have no choice in the
matter. 0:-

What's far more important, monkeyboy, are the Infamous people that were
spanked.

Or that were un-spanked. I can provide you the former, but oddly, not
the latter. 0:-

No any non-spanked infamous people, monkeyboy?

Then there's another thought, and I believe you might have brought this
up yourself.

Would you say that Jesus was spanked?

If so, on what proof would you claim it?

AF

Old August 25th 06, 05:21 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

LaVonne wrote
I never felt that I wasted time teaching my girls right from wrong, even
if one time, between 8-10 years, there was a shoplifting incident. But
then, I never felt time spent parenting was a waste of time.

I never said it was a waste of time, although in YOUR case that may be
true.

Doan and Greegor may have felt that time spent
parenting was a waste of their time.

"may have felt" ???

In other words, you don't know diddly squat and
you just make up some gibberish as you go along.

I felt it was the most important job I would ever be
privileged to have. Yes, for me, parenting was a privilege.

For me it is a Constitutionally protected RIGHT!

Your body parts didn't work so adopting was a second chance for you.
That would explain your more grateful attitude toward
government INTRUSION, since it benefitted you.

Why didn't your body parts work?
Obesity, age, congenital, sex change?

Old August 25th 06, 09:19 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Greegor wrote:
LaVonne wrote
[...]

Got any children, Greg?

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old August 27th 06, 10:45 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

Kane wrote
Got any children, Greg?

None for sale, sorry!

Old August 28th 06, 02:00 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Kane wrote
Got any children, Greg?

None for sale, sorry!

In other words, the man without children wants to impose HIS standards
of child rearing on others, isn't that right, Greg?

Greg thinks that anyone without experience has no right to an opinion,
isn't that right also Greg?

Taught any kid any dog tricks lately, Greg?

0:-

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old August 28th 06, 11:24 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

Kane wrote
Got any children, Greg?

Greegor wrote
None for sale, sorry!

Kane wrote
In other words, the man without children wants to impose HIS standards
of child rearing on others, isn't that right, Greg?

I didn't say I have no children, I just said I have none for sale!

And I am in favor of parents having MORE CHOICE not
restricted by various laws. ( opposite of imposing )

Old August 28th 06, 03:42 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Kane wrote
Got any children, Greg?

Greegor wrote
None for sale, sorry!

Kane wrote
In other words, the man without children wants to impose HIS standards
of child rearing on others, isn't that right, Greg?

I didn't say I have no children, I just said I have none for sale!

And I am in favor of parents having MORE CHOICE not
restricted by various laws. ( opposite of imposing )

Nope. You don't understand.

You would IMPOSE more choice by parents and that can be and IS a
violation of the rights of the CHILD, in many instances.

Often injuriously, and or fatally.

0:-

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old August 28th 06, 06:23 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Doan

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, 0:- wrote:

Greegor wrote:
Kane wrote
Got any children, Greg?

Greegor wrote
None for sale, sorry!

Kane wrote
In other words, the man without children wants to impose HIS standards
of child rearing on others, isn't that right, Greg?

I didn't say I have no children, I just said I have none for sale!

And I am in favor of parents having MORE CHOICE not
restricted by various laws. ( opposite of imposing )

Nope. You don't understand.

You would IMPOSE more choice by parents and that can be and IS a
violation of the rights of the CHILD, in many instances.

Often injuriously, and or fatally.

0:-

Yup! About 1500 died every year from spanking, right? ;-) Did someone
mentioned the New England Journal of Medicine as the source?

Doan