Oh no not again!

Old November 17th 05, 09:52 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Oh no not again!

PattyMomVA wrote:
Cuddlefish wrote:

Guess who has another staph infection in her breasts [and a fever too]?

Oh boy is it painful to breastfeed! One breast is all red, and the other
all lumpy! Both are very hot. However, I knew what to do this time -
straight to the doctor, and now I'm on a 14 day course of antibiotics.

I am determined to make my next breastfeeding goal - infections will
*not* stand in my way! :-)

Oh, wow. Hang in there. Please do what you can to resolve any plugged
ducts you may have or get. I hope it doesn't get any worse. I so know what
you're going through.

{hugs}

-Patty, mom of 1+2

Thank you Patty :-)

Jacqueline
Old November 17th 05, 09:53 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Child wrote:
"Cuddlefish" wrote in message

Guess who has another staph infection in her breasts [and a fever too]?

Oh boy is it painful to breastfeed! One breast is all red, and the other
all lumpy! Both are very hot. However, I knew what to do this time -
straight to the doctor, and now I'm on a 14 day course of antibiotics.

I am determined to make my next breastfeeding goal - infections will *not*
stand in my way! :-)

Well thats crappy luck. I'm sorry and I hope you feel better right away.

Thank you Child. :-)

Jacqueline
Old November 17th 05, 09:55 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Melania wrote:
Cuddlefish wrote:

Guess who has another staph infection in her breasts [and a fever too]?

Oh boy is it painful to breastfeed! One breast is all red, and the other
all lumpy! Both are very hot. However, I knew what to do this time -
straight to the doctor, and now I'm on a 14 day course of antibiotics.

I am determined to make my next breastfeeding goal - infections will
*not* stand in my way! :-)

Jacqueline

Oh, ugh. I'm so sorry. Let me know if you need anything (comfort food,
morphine, you know)!

Seriously, do let me know if there's anything we can do!

Melania

Aren't you the sweetest! I'll take the morphine please... ;-)

Jacqueline
Old November 17th 05, 10:26 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Cuddlefish wrote:
Guess who has another staph infection in her breasts [and a fever too]?

Oh boy is it painful to breastfeed! One breast is all red, and the other
all lumpy! Both are very hot. However, I knew what to do this time -
straight to the doctor, and now I'm on a 14 day course of antibiotics.

I am determined to make my next breastfeeding goal - infections will
*not* stand in my way! :-)

Jacqueline

That sounds positively awful. I wonder what makes a particular woman
more prone to that kind of thing. I hope it clears up FAST and never
comes back.

Elle

Old November 18th 05, 04:34 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Sorry to hear that - hang in there!

Irene

Old November 19th 05, 08:14 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Cuddlefish" wrote in message
Guess who has another staph infection in her breasts [and a fever too]?

Oh boy is it painful to breastfeed! One breast is all red, and the other
all lumpy! Both are very hot. However, I knew what to do this time -
straight to the doctor, and now I'm on a 14 day course of antibiotics.

I am determined to make my next breastfeeding goal - infections will *not*
stand in my way! :-)

((((Jacqueline))))
Some people don't get it easy, do they? :-( I hope it clears soon, and I'm
glad you got on to it straight away.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,