rash problems

Old May 14th 07, 11:23 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Default rash problems

Weeeeell, I don't know why dairy's usually eliminated, but if it's because
of the lactose and not because of the protein or something else, you can
get a lot of lactose free foods now. Maybe you can get away with those?

unfortunately with these early reactions to dairy, it's cows milk protein,
not lactose, lactose in human milk, a baby who reacts to that really is in
trouble, but is thankfully rare.

Anne

Old May 15th 07, 06:26 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Irrational Number

NL wrote:

Weeeeell, I don't know why dairy's usually eliminated, but if it's
because of the lactose and not because of the protein or something else,
you can get a lot of lactose free foods now. Maybe you can get away with
those?

It's not lactose. Human milk has almost
twice the lactose content than cow milk
(7 g/100mL vs. 4.8 g/100mL):

http://www.unu.edu/unupress/food/8F174e/8F174E04.htm

True lactose intolerance in babies is extremely
rare and you would see serious symptoms (vomiting,
diarrhea, failure to thrive, etc.):

http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns...tolerance.html

To emilymr: if you do make fruit pies, use
non-dairy crust! I went through two whole
Thanksgiving and Christmas season without eating
any pies!

-- Anita --
Old May 15th 07, 12:13 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Liz[_2_]

You all are convincing me... it's not just ice-cream, though, it's
cheese and baked things and sour cream and and and.... waaah. OK,
maybe it's time to start making fruit pies.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04; Shiloh, 4/22/07

It's not hard. Replace milk with ricemilk, or almond milk, and find
gluten free baked goods. You'll acquire a taste for these when you
think about helping your baby's allergic reactions to cow's milk.

My 5month old still has a little cradle cap, but no ezcema, and I'm
not willing to risk it by turning to dairy again. Also keep in mind
that whatever topical creams you use will only be a waste of money.
This is not a topical problem, it's an internal overgrowth of yeast.
The only way to solve it is internally... cut the foods out that
contribute to yeast overgrowth.

Good luck!
~Liz

Old May 15th 07, 12:27 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Liz" wrote in message
oups.com...
You all are convincing me... it's not just ice-cream, though, it's
cheese and baked things and sour cream and and and.... waaah. OK,
maybe it's time to start making fruit pies.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04; Shiloh, 4/22/07

It's not hard. Replace milk with ricemilk, or almond milk, and find
gluten free baked goods. You'll acquire a taste for these when you
think about helping your baby's allergic reactions to cow's milk.

My 5month old still has a little cradle cap, but no ezcema, and I'm
not willing to risk it by turning to dairy again. Also keep in mind
that whatever topical creams you use will only be a waste of money.
This is not a topical problem, it's an internal overgrowth of yeast.
The only way to solve it is internally... cut the foods out that
contribute to yeast overgrowth.

Wouldn't use almond milk at that age in case of nut allergies. Certainly if
you're already suspecting allergies.
Debbie

rash problems emilymr Pregnancy 13 May 15th 07 12:27 PM
infertility problems, pregnancy problems, solved, new MEDICAL BOOK, "the HEALING - CURATIVE MINERAL HOT SPRINGS of IPATI, [email protected] Pregnancy 1 March 15th 07 05:51 AM
what is this rash Danny Pregnancy 2 July 12th 04 04:17 AM
what is this rash Danny Kids Health 2 July 12th 04 04:17 AM