Really odd question...Please help :)

Old November 28th 03, 10:25 PM
kylee

Default Really odd question...Please help :)

Ok this is going to sound really weird... Especially since this isn't my
first.. you would think I would know ..

I just got out of the shower Getting ready to go to the Dr. Well I went pee
before I got in the shower, though right as I was about to get out I got a
huge rush of fluid that came out, Like I had peed in the shower, though I
didn't feel like I had needed to go or that I was going..

Could my water have broken just like that???
It's hard for me cause they had to break my water with my daughter so I have
no idea what it's like when it happens on it's own. I am of course going to
talk to the Dr as soon as I get in today.. Just thought maybe you gals might
know what is up.

Old November 28th 03, 10:52 PM
Fer

Well it certainly could be! Are you still leaking water/fluid? Also your
doc should be able to check quite easily with test.

--

Jenn
-WAHM

Old November 28th 03, 11:07 PM
Ericka Kammerer

kylee wrote:

Ok this is going to sound really weird... Especially since this isn't my
first.. you would think I would know ..

I just got out of the shower Getting ready to go to the Dr. Well I went pee
before I got in the shower, though right as I was about to get out I got a
huge rush of fluid that came out, Like I had peed in the shower, though I
didn't feel like I had needed to go or that I was going..

Could my water have broken just like that???
It's hard for me cause they had to break my water with my daughter so I have
no idea what it's like when it happens on it's own. I am of course going to
talk to the Dr as soon as I get in today.. Just thought maybe you gals might
know what is up.

Yes, it could have broken just like that ;-) You might
have it checked out in case it was. Mine broke out of nowhere
with my second, but I was just going to bed and it was
completely obvious what happened--not to mention that
within a half hour I was having serious contractions ;-)

Good luck,
Ericka

Old November 28th 03, 11:08 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Nan wrote:

With #2 I was standing in the kitchen after dinner when I said,
"Ooops! My water just broke", causing dh to sputter on his coffee ;-)

LOL!!! My DH would have a fit if I said it like that! LOL!!!!

Old November 29th 03, 02:57 AM
Chotii

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
kylee wrote:

[...]

Ditto. Only I was on the toilet at the time (thank goodness, what a lot of
fluid came out!) And by the time we got to the hospital, I was in active,
serious, oh my god this is really happening, labor.

--angela

Old November 29th 03, 10:51 PM
Andrea

"kylee" wrote in message ...

Ok this is going to sound really weird... Especially since this isn't my
first.. you would think I would know ..

I have had 5 babies, all were different pregnancies/labours/births, and I

was still asking plenty of questions on baby #5 so don't worry!

I just got out of the shower Getting ready to go to the Dr. Well I went

pee
before I got in the shower, though right as I was about to get out I got a
huge rush of fluid that came out, Like I had peed in the shower, though I
didn't feel like I had needed to go or that I was going..

Could my water have broken just like that???
It's hard for me cause they had to break my water with my daughter so I

have
no idea what it's like when it happens on it's own. I am of course going

talk to the Dr as soon as I get in today.. Just thought maybe you gals

might
know what is up.

Well with my 2nd it was exactly one hour, and that was labour, birth and
delivering the afterbirth!

I am sure you have a baby in your arms by now. )

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 5 months 20lbs

Old November 30th 03, 12:45 PM
Lizajane

LOL! That was exactly how it was with my baby! Two weeks early, I felt
fluid trickle out after gettting out of the shower, and I knew it
wasn't pee, but I expecting a big rush when my water broke. We went to
the doctor, and she told me I had peed, and sent me home. The next 18
hours, I SOAKED 4 maxi pads and demanded to come back. This time they
took me more seriously because my baby wasn't as active as he normally
was. I had to be induced because I wasn't having contractions at all,
and there was some risk that both of us could suffer infection. Boy
was I mad. Glad I made a big stink about it on the phone instead of
just trusting the doctor, I may not have my beautiful 6.5 month old
son!

With induction, I went from being 2.5 cm to being 10 cm in (what
seemed like) an hour. It was all over within 7 hours. I drove myself
from work (45 minutes)and DH met me there. I got there alone and was
so beside myself I went to the wrong floor of the parking deck and the
doors opened, and there was my grandmother. She ended up holding my
hand during the examination. If I had gone to the right floor, I never
would have seen her. She stayed with me until DH got there and was
very comforting since she has birthed 8 children!

Congratulations! I hope everything went smoothly!

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
Intro, and Toddler/Daycare Question Betty Woolf General 4 December 3rd 03 03:25 PM