The Embry Study: What it actually said.

Old February 15th 06, 07:57 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

Default The Embry Study: What it actually said.

The Lie:

"Pretty remarkable when one considers that parents who spanked before
had children that attemped entries at the highest rate of all per hour."

And now more LIES! Oh what a tangled web we weaved... ;-)

Doan

On 15 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:

The PROVEN LIAR can't handle the TRUTH. How sad! Anybody got the Embry
study? ;-)

Doan

How many years now .... ... of posting that he wants "parents to make
up their own mind?"

How many years of attacking any information, opinion, or personal story
in support of non-spanking?

How many years of defending everything from the pro spanking side?

How many years of letting slide posters like Fern that supported
parents
beating their children bloody publically?

How many years of siding with people that, like Fern, advocated for
parents to have the last word on whether or not to beat children until
they bleed?

How many years of riding every bogus hobby horse of the pro spanking
noodniks like Lazerlere, and Dobson...the dog "trainer?" The one that
thinks raising children is a matter of going to war with them?

Doan, the first day I viewed this ng I spotted you for a phony. A quick
google search on your posting confirmed it. And nothing I've seen since
changes that.

You have not intention of allowing parents to make up their own mind,
or
you would, like any truly objective fence sitter, treat each side of
the
question equally or you'd hold your views.

You are a little child, stuck back where you were first betrayed by
your
parents with those blows to your body and your mind.

It's apparently made you even lie to yourself, if you believe this ****
you've posted all these years about your neutrality on this subject.

A phony. How very childishly sad you appear.

Old February 15th 06, 08:42 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

Doan wrote:

The Lie:

"Pretty remarkable when one considers that parents who spanked before
had children that attemped entries at the highest rate of all per hour."

Still don't know where I got that, eh? R R R R RR

Wanna make a really really wild guess?

The more insane it would seem, the more likely you'd be right. 0:-

What a stupid little man you are not have figured it out by now.

How many years now .... ... of posting that he wants "parents to make
up their own mind?"

How many years of attacking any information, opinion, or personal story
in support of non-spanking?

How many years of defending everything from the pro spanking side?

How many years of letting slide posters like Fern that supported
parents
beating their children bloody publicly?

[...]

What you mean is you cannot respond to the above list of your lying
posturing bull**** for all these years with any real defense.

Which of them are lies? Care to follow up a few?

Post, for instance, any posts by you disagreeing with Fern, directly,
when she posted her various defenses of abusive parents...go ahead.
We'll wait right here.

Post, for instance, any disagreement with Neal Feldman on his proud
boast that he deserved to be flogged to the point of bleeding.

Show us where you defended ANY data that showed that spanking had
adverse correlations.

Show us where you attacked ANY of the pro-spanking claims of "experts."

Try to hide the post where you put Dobson up as being smarter than
Straus because Dobson had a child develment PhD, and Straus "only" a
doctorate in Social Science.

Come on, hot shot. Show us where I'm lying.

Yer full of **** to yer little eyeballs, dummy. And part of the reason
even the spanking proponents won't post here anymore. Association with
YOU, the biggest liar to every hit this ng, along with our Texas
bull****ter and a few others, drives them away.

Yer scum, child. Plain old ordinary scum.

0:-

Doan

Come on now. Prove me wrong. Show us where you are truly neutral on the
subject of spanking and really want parents to make up their own mind.

Tell us you don't want to influence them toward spanking and away from
non-spanking.

I'd love to see you defend that.

Kane

--
Isn't it interesting that the more honest an author appears to be,
the more like ourselves we think him. And the less so, how very
Old February 15th 06, 10:40 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, toto wrote:

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:39:22 -0800, Doan wrote:

"While some may find it strange that reprimands might increase the chances
of a child going into the street, the literature on the experimental
analysis of behavior is replete with examples of how "attention to
inappropriate behavior" increases the chances of more inappropriate
behavior. Thus, suggestions to parents that they talk to or reason with
their children about dashing into the street will likely to have the
opposite impact. Reprimands do not punish unsafe behavior; they reward
it."

Of course that is true. However, you fail to note that spanking also
increases the rate of children going into the street according to
Embry. A little honesty would be nice Doan. Note that most of those
who advocate for non-spanking do not advocate scolding, reprimanding,
or nagging either. I would say that there are much better ways of
keeping children from going into the street (depending on the age of
the child involved, different methods will be used). The most
important part of parenting is catching them being good and giving
them attention when their behavior is appropriate. Stating your rules
in positive terms is also good. "Hold hands near the street:" "Walk
on the sidewalk." "Cross streets at the corner after looking both
ways." All of these are reasonable ways of defining the rules for
children. Then praise them when they do the right thing. It works
much better than punishment *after* the fact anyway. Prevention is
much better than punishment of any kind.

Do you know that the Embry study found no correlation between safe play
concepts and actual safe play for children at this age? So telling
them to "hold hands near the street", "walk on the sidewalk"...etc
is USELESS! So the safest way is to always superive your kids or
keep them the backyard if possible. But again, this study has nothing
to do with spanking/no-spanking!

Doan

Old February 15th 06, 11:14 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

Doan wrote:
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, toto wrote:

[...]

You going to debate someone that does not have the study to refer to?
Didn't you claim I was trying to do that?

Didn't you try that very same thing with me once, thinking I didn't have
the study?

And didn't you get yourself into considerable trouble with that assumption?

Trying for another round?

I don't think Toto will play. We'll see. Give her the study, or link her
up to that online electronic copy offered by the source you alluded to
(copied and pasted in a quote by the source) or stop trying to abuse
Toto and harass her, as it is so obviously all you ever have brought to
this ng.

The setup, the harassment, the gloating shouts of "I DARE YOU I DOUBLE
DARE YOU" like the poor sad child you really are.

You are nothing but a common bully.

0:- But we loves yah anyway.

Doan

Old February 16th 06, 12:10 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, toto wrote:

[...]

I, on the other hand, OFFERED to provide this study to anyone that asked.
My offer still stand, anyone want a copy of this study, just email me.

Doan

Old February 16th 06, 12:56 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

Doan wrote:
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, toto wrote:

[...]

R R R ... you going to demand a stamped addressed envelope again, when
it's available electronically....or was that a lie of yours?

Or were you mistaken about the electronic availability you copied and
pasted?

Why didn't you offer Aline/Alina the abstract then, Doan? Why didn't you
offer her the access to the library, Doan?

If YOU had a copy then you surely knew how to GET THE COPY, did you not?
Yet, here you are, pointing the way to "becca," but demanding an
envelope from Alina/Aline.

Could it be YOU were her and wrote that phony bull**** to me in an
attempt to get a copy from me? Before you had to admit you didn't have
it yourself?

Nothing, Doan the liar? Just your usual bull****?

You be such a funny little boy.

If you weren't so pitiful.

Doan

lyin' then, lyin' now, and you'll keep on lyin.

R R R R R

Old February 16th 06, 12:59 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

Doan, why don't you have Aline/Alina write me back. I keep sending
messages and no response. Weird, eh?

You must have known her better than I. Please intercede for me. I want
to find out from her what she thought of the study after I mailed the
report to her. She just won't answer back.

Heck, I'd even discuss it with her if she'd just post back her, or
personally.

Sure funny, isn't it? No answer, I mean.

0:-

Old February 16th 06, 01:19 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

Doan wrote:

Sure would like to get in touch with Alina, Doan.

She just isn't answering my posts.

I hope she's not having trouble with her proxies.

They seem to just float about and switch here and there.

And she's such a busy mother that all her posts outside this newsgroup
have consisted of one liners, or short paragraphs that pop into a
thread, then she ceases to participate.

Poor thing.

Funnier still is that the IP is always the same company, but the IP
address is always different....at the front end. Most peculiar unless
it's just anonymous proxies that Alina, for some strange reason, is
picking up and using.

Gosh I hope she isn't being stalked or anything.

I'm going to try writing her again and see what happens.

I'm worried. Could you write her too?

When posters go so very very long, as she did, and then drops in one
quick message, then disappears again, it could be most anything.
Domestic problems. Money problems. Health. Sick baby. Anything.

Please help, Doan.

I must have scared her off ... somehow.

Surely she would trust you.

In fact, I'm going to blind copy this post to her addy and see if I can
get an answer. Wish me luck.

0:-

Old February 16th 06, 01:21 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, toto wrote:

[...]

It's my choice, right? ;-)

Or were you mistaken about the electronic availability you copied and
pasted?

LOL! Why don't you try to get an electronic copy for everyone? Try it!

Why didn't you offer Aline/Alina the abstract then, Doan? Why didn't you
offer her the access to the library, Doan?

I don't own the library, STUPID!

Doan

If YOU had a copy then you surely knew how to GET THE COPY, did you not?
Yet, here you are, pointing the way to "becca," but demanding an
envelope from Alina/Aline.

Could it be YOU were her and wrote that phony bull**** to me in an
attempt to get a copy from me? Before you had to admit you didn't have
it yourself?

Nothing, Doan the liar? Just your usual bull****?

You be such a funny little boy.

If you weren't so pitiful.

Doan

lyin' then, lyin' now, and you'll keep on lyin.

R R R R R

--
Isn't it interesting that the more honest an author appears to be,
the more like ourselves we think him. And the less so, how very
alien he doth appear? Kane 2006

Classic Droan was R R R R, should I DOUBLE DARE HIM? ..was... LaVonne Kane Spanking 0 April 17th 04 07:13 PM
Kids should work... Doan Spanking 33 December 10th 03 09:05 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane Spanking 12 December 10th 03 03:30 AM
Kids should work. ChrisScaife Foster Parents 16 December 7th 03 05:27 AM
Kids should work... Doan Foster Parents 31 December 7th 03 04:01 AM