Juveniles attack staff b/c of minimal punishment

Old May 23rd 04, 06:49 PM
Fern5827

Default Juveniles attack staff b/c of minimal punishment

Under DCF CT supervision.

FWD:

Subject: Workers Address Violence
From: wexwimpy
Date: 5/23/2004 11:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Workers Address Violence
Tell Of Deficiencies At Training School
By COLIN POITRAS
Courant Staff Writer

May 21 2004

MIDDLETOWN -- Bruised and battered workers at the state's juvenile
correctional center Thursday said a recent wave of violence isn't
going to stop until the state addresses a serious lack of discipline
and adds programs to occupy the youths at the nearly three-year-old
facility.

At a press conference outside the troubled Connecticut Juvenile
Training School,angry and frustrated workers said stopgap measures
proposed this week in response to the violence don't go far enough.

"The powers that be need to do more than listen to us or patronize us
by saying they feel our pain ...," said Fred Phillips, a youth service
employee who went to work Thursday despite deep scratches to his right
shoulder and arm inflicted by a youth Wednesday night.

"Without rules and regulations, without respect for the workers here
at CJTS, all we will have is more violence, more mayhem and more
troubled youths growing up into troubled adults," Phillips said. "The
kids deserve better, and we deserve better."

said it is going to hire more police officers, place more supervisors
on all shifts and require managers and mental health counselors to
increase their daily tours of the housing units.

The department will also convene an advisory team of juvenile justice
and mental health experts to discuss programming and security issues
with school administrators.

But workers at the school who have been complaining for two years
about unsafe conditions, weak disciplinary practices and a lack of
programs to keep youths active and involved, said the agency was
wasting its time and taxpayers' money. They said leaders at the
highest level of DCF need to listen to the youth service workers and
other employees on the frontlines before going outside the school for
answers.

One frustrated worker said the new $57 million facility is actually
worse than the notorious Long Lane School for juveniles it replaced in
August 2001.

"When this institution opened, we had a brand new shell of a facility
and no programs at all," said Brian Goralski, another youth service
worker. "At the old Long Lane, we had an old shell of an institution,
but we had plenty of programs."

The workers said the 140 youths living at the all-boy school have too
much idle time because of a lack of recreation and other programs. The
children also aren't afraid to attack staff or each other because they
know the punishment will be minimal, staff said. The workers said it
is only through their dedication and efforts to maintain control that
the facility hasn't erupted in more serious violence and children
haven't been seriously hurt.

No youths were hurt over the past week, but three boys have been
accused of seriously assaulting staff. The youths, whose names are
being withheld because they are minors, were charged with assaulting a
civilian detention officer, second-degree reckless endangerment and
disorderly conduct.

Twenty-seven employees have reported work-related injuries, including
one broken nose and a broken wrist, over the past week. Eight staff
members were treated at a local hospital. Senior employees called it
the worst outbreak of violence since the facility opened.

The workers are not alone in their frustrations with DCF in getting
the problems fixed.

Attorney General Richard Blumenthal and Child Advocate Jeanne Milstein
Wednesday called on DCF to let a team of juvenile justice and mental
health experts take temporary control of the facility until the unrest
subsides.

"We are gravely concerned that we have reached a point where something
catastrophic is going to occur ...," Milstein and Blumenthal cautioned
in a letter submitted to state child welfare officials Wednesday
afternoon.

"The current situation has escalated out of control and presents
significant risks for those children confined at [the Connecticut
Juvenile Training School], as well as facility staff," the letter
said.

The pair said team members should be in the housing units 24 hours a
day monitoring conditions and taking steps to address the children's
and staff's needs. Leaders at DCF agreed to create the team, but
balked at the idea of placing members inside the facility and
relinquishing agency control.

Milstein and Blumenthal have been monitoring conditions inside the
Middletown school since serious problems first surfaced shortly after
the facility opened. In a scathing report last year, the pair said
poor planning by DCF, mismanagement and a lack of proper supervision
and programs have made the school a "dismal, unconscionable failure."

They questioned whether children sent to the school are benefiting
from any of the programs there despite the approximately $900 a day
the state spends on each youth.
Copyright 2004, Hartford Courant

http://www.ctnow.com/news/local/hc-d...,7857736,print
..story?coll=hc-headlines-local

Defend your civil liberties! Get information at http://www.aclu.org, become a
member at http://www.aclu.org/join and get active at
http://www.aclu.org/action.

DESCRIPTORS; CONNECTICUT, DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES, CORRECTIONS
FACILITIES, PUNISHMENT,
Old May 24th 04, 04:41 AM
Kane

On 23 May 2004 17:49:17 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

"Juveniles attack staff b/c of minimal punishment"

Interesting, and most telling, that you'd draw such a conclusion from
this article. Are you aware that not one place in the article, by
anyone, even the staff that was attacked, is that a suggestion?

The nearest they come is a "lack of discipline." And that can be as
much a lack of staff discipline of self as lack of self discipline by
the children.

And that was NOT a problem before the new facility and the ONLY CHANGE
IS LOWERING OF ATTENTION TO THE INMATES BY REDUCTION IN PROGRAM
ACTIVITIES...not a lowering of "punishmnet," you lying twit.

So you think the boys would fall in line if they were paddled?

Adolescent criminals would find a way to take the paddles away and go
after staff, or they would simply hurt each other. You are sick.

Under DCF CT supervision.

No, actually what is says is there was a lack of supervision, as in
programs were gutted. That sounds very like a "punitive methods over
rehab methods" sollution was tried.

Removing privs and activites are a punitive step, dear little
Draceana.

FWD:

From: wexwimpy

Date: 5/23/2004 11:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Workers Address Violence
Tell Of Deficiencies At Training School
By COLIN POITRAS
Courant Staff Writer

May 21 2004

MIDDLETOWN -- Bruised and battered workers at the state's juvenile
correctional center Thursday said a recent wave of violence isn't
going to stop until the state addresses a serious lack of discipline
and adds programs to occupy the youths at the nearly three-year-old
facility.

Do you know what a "Serious lack of discipline" really means? First it
doesn't mean that the children need punishment...it means the children
need regular, predictable, and safe direction. So that they have good
models for self discipline and a sense of safety and
predictabiliyt...espeically ajudicated youth.

At a press conference outside the troubled Connecticut Juvenile
Training School,angry and frustrated workers said stopgap measures
proposed this week in response to the violence don't go far enough.

"The powers that be need to do more than listen to us or patronize us
by saying they feel our pain ...," said Fred Phillips, a youth

service
employee who went to work Thursday despite deep scratches to his

right
shoulder and arm inflicted by a youth Wednesday night.

"Without rules and regulations, without respect for the workers here
at CJTS, all we will have is more violence, more mayhem and more
troubled youths growing up into troubled adults," Phillips said. "The
kids deserve better, and we deserve better."

What do YOU think "respect for workers" means, Marigod? Fear?

said it is going to hire more police officers, place more supervisors
on all shifts and require managers and mental health counselors to
increase their daily tours of the housing units.

Which would up the sense of safety for the children....exactly as I
pointed out above. Lack of staff, and clear predictable boundaries
makes children feel like their environment is out of control...very
frightening, and one of the first things they will do to force adult
caregivers to get things back under control and predictable and so
scary for the kids is..............ACT OUT.

Everyone that has ever done line work with children and teens knows
this or shouldn't be on staff.

The department will also convene an advisory team of juvenile justice
and mental health experts to discuss programming and security issues
with school administrators.

Now we are getting somewhere. Let's hope the cooler heads prevail and
it doesn't degenerate in to a freeforall punishment detail.

Even if is done on a predictable schedule, as I suggested, the
PUNISHMENT component just means things will LOOK good but be boiling
under the surface for the NEXT TIME thing feel unpredictable to the
children.

I TAUGHT staff that was locked into punishment models, which can NEVER
BE MAINTAINED successfuly with adolescents, how to create safety and
a sense of self control in the children in their care. I went from
being a lineworker, who could do the simply things needed to being a
trainer..... in less than a year.

But workers at the school who have been complaining for two years
about unsafe conditions, weak disciplinary practices and a lack of
programs to keep youths active and involved, said the agency was
wasting its time and taxpayers' money.

So you really think they mean punishment practices, Petunia? Do you
think punishment actually works with adolescents?

They said leaders at the
highest level of DCF need to listen to the youth service workers and
other employees on the frontlines before going outside the school for
answers.

One frustrated worker said the new $57 million facility is actually
worse than the notorious Long Lane School for juveniles it replaced

in
August 2001.

"When this institution opened, we had a brand new shell of a facility
and no programs at all," said Brian Goralski, another youth service
worker. "At the old Long Lane, we had an old shell of an institution,
but we had plenty of programs."

"Progams" are what provided regularity and predictability and sense of
control the children needed. They frighten each other and themselves
when the adults start to show poor self control themselves. Dropping
programs is a surefire way, unless there are better trained folks on
hand, to blow it big time.

The workers said the 140 youths living at the all-boy school have too
much idle time because of a lack of recreation and other programs.

So tell us, Uva Ursi, do you think that a failure of the system (and
it doesn't say there was a punishment model before, just programs)
that results in chaos should be grounds to punish the inmates?

I've notice rather a lot of parents lose it and punish the child for
their own failure.

The
children also aren't afraid to attack staff or each other because

they
know the punishment will be minimal, staff said.

So the only way to stop them from attacking staff is to keep them
afraid? Funny, there was NO mention of there being a fear component
when they were better behaved before, just programs to keep them busy
a sense of routine, predictability and something to do rather than
frighten each other.

The workers said it
is only through their dedication and efforts to maintain control that
the facility hasn't erupted in more serious violence and children
haven't been seriously hurt.

And there is the answer, clear as a bell. INVOLVEMENT. They were
obviously more attentive, showing the boys they had someone interested
in them.

Programs based on this simple little "secret" are what work. The
programs, no matter how well designed, do NOT work unless they are
conducted by dedicated people that interact at a higher level of time
and intensity with the children. That sitting back on one's fat ass
and expecting children to perform well without adult input gets a lot
of caregivers, parents included, into trouble.

Yah start giving attention, and bingo, the child feels safer first,
and more ingaged and worthwhile next.

No youths were hurt over the past week, but three boys have been
accused of seriously assaulting staff. The youths, whose names are
being withheld because they are minors, were charged with assaulting

civilian detention officer, second-degree reckless endangerment and
disorderly conduct.

Well, when you have children that have come from violence....do you
think these were unspanked children, Chilipepper?

That IS what you are going to get. ...that is how they feel like
things are under control and predictable. When one feels shaky they
simple act out and by golly, it all happens as they are accustomed
to...just like with their parents that would sit around boozin' and
stonin' and only paid attention when beating them.

Twenty-seven employees have reported work-related injuries, including
one broken nose and a broken wrist, over the past week. Eight staff
members were treated at a local hospital. Senior employees called it
the worst outbreak of violence since the facility opened.

The workers are not alone in their frustrations with DCF in getting
the problems fixed.

Attorney General Richard Blumenthal and Child Advocate Jeanne

Milstein
Wednesday called on DCF to let a team of juvenile justice and mental
health experts take temporary control of the facility until the

unrest
subsides.

Yep. I was one of the "mental health" experts myself, in time, and the
boys taught me what I've just related here. I never had to punish. And
never had a child that, barring serious psychiatric problems..that is
their hard wiring was crossed chemically, I could not get under
control without force or violence.

"We are gravely concerned that we have reached a point where

something
catastrophic is going to occur ...," Milstein and Blumenthal

cautioned
in a letter submitted to state child welfare officials Wednesday
afternoon.

"The current situation has escalated out of control and presents
significant risks for those children confined at [the Connecticut
Juvenile Training School], as well as facility staff," the letter
said.

This is a sad comentary, all around, against our society and it's
punitive child rearing methods. How did they boys learn to violent?

Wanny bet about how many had never been spanked?

The pair said team members should be in the housing units 24 hours a
day monitoring conditions and taking steps to address the children's
and staff's needs. Leaders at DCF agreed to create the team, but
balked at the idea of placing members inside the facility and
relinquishing agency control.

Yep....SEE..the very thing I'm saying. It's not about "punishment."
It's about willingness to engage and to be predicatable and have
routines and boundaries.

Milstein and Blumenthal have been monitoring conditions inside the
Middletown school since serious problems first surfaced shortly after
the facility opened. In a scathing report last year, the pair said
poor planning by DCF, mismanagement and a lack of proper supervision
and programs have made the school a "dismal, unconscionable failure."

Interesting eh? Not even they suggest punishment as a suggestion. Just
lack of adequate attention.

They questioned whether children sent to the school are benefiting
from any of the programs there despite the approximately $900 a day
the state spends on each youth.
Copyright 2004, Hartford Courant

http://www.ctnow.com/news/local/hc-d...,7857736,print
.story?coll=hc-headlines-local

So much for your desire to have children beaten and terrified into
submission you sick old twit.

Kane
Old May 24th 04, 01:07 PM
CRIPE733

Just plain dumb conclusion. God almighty! You and yours should actually get
aroound some of these places, see what works and what doesn't and then go home
and think about it.

Or, as an alternative to sound logic and reality, try taking an intro class in
rhetoric and logic, so at least if you're gonna post this kind of fallacious
crap, you're a little more crafty about it
Old May 24th 04, 01:35 PM
Fern5827

Kane can't even read; he is so consumed with hate and irrational expletives:

The
children also aren't afraid to attack staff or each other because they
know the punishment will be minimal, staff said. The workers

ACTUAL QUOTE FROM ARTICLE. Try to deny it.

Anger issues....again....And verbal denigration....

Much worse than spanking.

.....Tsk....tsk whoever socialized you?

Fern sent in about MINIMAL PUNISHMENT IN YOUTH DETENTION FACILITY IN CT .

Old May 25th 04, 01:29 AM
Carlson LaVonne

Since the vast majority of juveniles are children who experienced
corporal punishment, I welcome your post.

Get rid of corporal punishment and many of these juveniles would not be
where they are.

LaVonne

Fern5827 wrote:
Under DCF CT supervision.

FWD:

Old May 25th 04, 04:19 AM
Doan

There is no CP in juvenile hall, LaVonne! Have you looked at
Sweden lately? ;-)

Doan

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Carlson LaVonne wrote:

Since the vast majority of juveniles are children who experienced
corporal punishment, I welcome your post.

Get rid of corporal punishment and many of these juveniles would not be
where they are.

LaVonne

Fern5827 wrote:
Under DCF CT supervision.

FWD:

Old May 25th 04, 04:38 AM
Kane

On 24 May 2004 12:35:56 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

Kane can't even read; he is so consumed with hate and irrational

expletives:

Really? **** you. Nothing irrational at all when addressing stupidity
and lies. It's much needed attention to your lack of ethics, and low
moral character.

The
children also aren't afraid to attack staff or each other because

they
know the punishment will be minimal, staff said. The workers

ACTUAL QUOTE FROM ARTICLE. Try to deny it.

I don't deny the quote and did not in my prior reply. Why do you lie
about my words and intent?

What I responded to was the error in thinking you have and the staff,
probably misquoted badly, were expressing.

For you though, what ever anyone says, that you wish to believe, is
the truth.

I told you in the reply I gave to our nonsense post that I had worked
in the field myself, and found punishment models NOT working with
ajudicated youth.

In fact I have seen very bad incidences of violence that escalated to
riot levels in lockup just because of an all to dedicated punishment
model replacing good interactions between staff and client..or
prisoner.

As for using punishment on youth....they are experts in "punishment"
and can dish out considerably more than caregivers can legally give.

All the clues to the problem were there, and these same people stated
them clearly...yet you seem unable to quote and understand THOSE.

Anger issues....again....And verbal denigration....

Yeah, because you are certifiable cretenous asshole.

Much worse than spanking.

Bull****. You can babble your **** all day long, not matter how evil
and vile, and I'd never lay a finger on you....hit me and watch what
happens.

....Tsk....tsk whoever socialized you?

I have to ask the same of you concerning conscience and ethical
development.

Fern sent in about MINIMAL PUNISHMENT IN YOUTH DETENTION FACILITY IN

CT .

We know what you sent....and no matter how loudly you yell it it does
NOT make YOUR claims true. The article was about a good deal more than
that, but the spanking compulsives are bound to see only the portion
that appeals to them. Objective you ain't, Artichoke. None of yah.

May 21 2004

MIDDLETOWN -- Bruised and battered workers at the state's juvenile
correctional center Thursday said a recent wave of violence isn't
going to stop until the state addresses a serious lack of discipline
and adds programs to occupy the youths at the nearly three-year-old
facility.

"discipline" may or may not mean punishment. At NO point in this
article was the word used.

At a press conference outside the troubled Connecticut Juvenile
Training School,angry and frustrated workers said stopgap measures
proposed this week in response to the violence don't go far enough.

"The powers that be need to do more than listen to us or patronize

us
by saying they feel our pain ...," said Fred Phillips, a youth

service
employee who went to work Thursday despite deep scratches to his

right
shoulder and arm inflicted by a youth Wednesday night.

That's assault, and the individual has the right, without consulting
their boss, to call the police, have the perp charged and removed from
the primeses. And should have. Staff stupidity appears to be part of
the problem.

"Without rules and regulations,

Now you KNOW staff stupidity is the problem. There are no locked, or
even partially open, youth centers without rules and regulations. This
speaker is about as honest as you are.

without respect for the workers here
at CJTS, all we will have is more violence, more mayhem and more
troubled youths growing up into troubled adults," Phillips said.

"The
kids deserve better, and we deserve better."

And you interpret, as do your Buds, "respect" as fear...am I right?

I asked you before, in fact I asked you a number of things that you
avoided and reposted the article and lamented a few ad homs instead of
debate. Want to try again?

Do you equate "respect" with fear, and do you believe the speaker was
saying that, or as I myself have experienced with the media, could
there have been some journalistic license going on based on the
reporters own biases and beliefs?

said it is going to hire more police officers, place more

supervisors
on all shifts and require managers and mental health counselors to
increase their daily tours of the housing units.

As I said, and you have NOT responded to you dishonest piece of ****,
MORE ATTENTION AND ENGAGEMENT WITH THE INCARCERATED YOUTH.

I taught people how to do it effectively without punishment.

The department will also convene an advisory team of juvenile

justice
and mental health experts to discuss programming and security issues
with school administrators.

But workers at the school who have been complaining for two years
about unsafe conditions, weak disciplinary practices and a lack of
programs to keep youths active and involved, said the agency was
wasting its time and taxpayers' money.

That's kind of odd as the report was that there WAS not difficulty
before the cut in programs.

They said leaders at the
highest level of DCF need to listen to the youth service workers and
other employees on the frontlines before going outside the school

for
answers.

Gosh don't I wish I could have picked and choosen who critiqued my
work over the years.

One frustrated worker said the new $57 million facility is actually
worse than the notorious Long Lane School for juveniles it replaced

in
August 2001.

"When this institution opened, we had a brand new shell of a

facility
and no programs at all," said Brian Goralski, another youth service
worker. "At the old Long Lane, we had an old shell of an

institution,
but we had plenty of programs."

See...exactly as I said. They did NOT have the problems before because
they had the programs in place...in other words, more engagement
between staff and youths. Works every time.

And you won't respond, will you you sick ****?

The
children also aren't afraid to attack staff or each other because

they
know the punishment will be minimal, staff said. The workers said it
is only through their dedication and efforts to maintain control

that
the facility hasn't erupted in more serious violence and children
haven't been seriously hurt.

Now isn't it interesting that this "staff" claims the children attack
because they aren't afraid, but staff is maintaining control somehow?

Are the hitting and punishing against orders? Don't bet on it. It is a
criminal offense to hit a child in the custody of the state just as it
is an adult prisoner.

What is providing some control is engagement. These people are just
poorly trained. I've seen a lot of them try to run a tough bluff on
juveniles, only to have the kid call them out.

No youths were hurt over the past week, but three boys have been
accused of seriously assaulting staff. The youths, whose names are
being withheld because they are minors, were charged with assaulting

civilian detention officer, second-degree reckless endangerment and
disorderly conduct.

Yep, but the staff were actually to blame. Not enough moxie to
reinstitute the programs they had before. It's not the content,
anyway...hell you could just play basketball and chess all day and
accomplish what is demanded....engagement.

Twenty-seven employees have reported work-related injuries,

including
one broken nose and a broken wrist, over the past week. Eight staff
members were treated at a local hospital. Senior employees called it
the worst outbreak of violence since the facility opened.

Interesting that they didn't have this before the new facility. My bet
is it was built so much for security...the trend now...that the
children were isolated too much of the time from staff.

Drive kids or adults insane, easily.

The workers are not alone in their frustrations with DCF in getting
the problems fixed.

Attorney General Richard Blumenthal and Child Advocate Jeanne

Milstein
Wednesday called on DCF to let a team of juvenile justice and mental
health experts take temporary control of the facility until the

unrest
subsides.

"We are gravely concerned that we have reached a point where

something
catastrophic is going to occur ...," Milstein and Blumenthal

cautioned
in a letter submitted to state child welfare officials Wednesday
afternoon.

I could clear up their problem in three days. I've done it before with
individual kids and with groups in treatment centers. Adults can be so
stupid when it comes to working with youth.

"The current situation has escalated out of control and presents
significant risks for those children confined at [the Connecticut
Juvenile Training School], as well as facility staff," the letter
said.

The pair said team members should be in the housing units 24 hours a
day monitoring conditions and taking steps to address the children's
and staff's needs. Leaders at DCF agreed to create the team, but
balked at the idea of placing members inside the facility and
relinquishing agency control.

Oh, more engagement...and the DCF resists. Too bad I'm not running the
show. I'd have their asses on the carpet for resisting a chance to
increase the attention the children need and are clearly signalling.
They don't know how to ask in a socially acceptable way...only know
how to act out as three year olds.

I've always said teens, fifteen year olds, are divisable by five if
you wish to understand what is going on in their heads.

Milstein and Blumenthal have been monitoring conditions inside the
Middletown school since serious problems first surfaced shortly

after
the facility opened. In a scathing report last year, the pair said
poor planning by DCF, mismanagement and a lack of proper supervision
and programs have made the school a "dismal, unconscionable

failure."

They questioned whether children sent to the school are benefiting
from any of the programs there despite the approximately $900 a day
the state spends on each youth.

So, big dummy, where's the "minimal punishment" claim you made?

PUnishment isn't even mentioned, and the substitute word you asshole
compulsives use for brutalizing children "discipline" is poorly
explored in the article.

The spanking compusives have nothing going for them but creating
fear....as usual.

Kane

Old May 25th 04, 06:55 AM
Doan

On 24 May 2004, Kane wrote:

On 24 May 2004 12:35:56 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

Kane can't even read; he is so consumed with hate and irrational

expletives:

Really? **** you. Nothing irrational at all when addressing stupidity
and lies. It's much needed attention to your lack of ethics, and low
moral character.

Looking in the mirror again, Kane0? ;-)

The
children also aren't afraid to attack staff or each other because

they
know the punishment will be minimal, staff said. The workers

ACTUAL QUOTE FROM ARTICLE. Try to deny it.

I don't deny the quote and did not in my prior reply. Why do you lie
about my words and intent?

The only liar is you! :-)

What I responded to was the error in thinking you have and the staff,
probably misquoted badly, were expressing.

LOL! Those writers can't be trusted right, Kane0? ;-)

For you though, what ever anyone says, that you wish to believe, is
the truth.

LOL! You meant like Durrant?

I told you in the reply I gave to our nonsense post that I had worked
in the field myself, and found punishment models NOT working with
ajudicated youth.

LOL! You are much better that those staff right, Kane0? ;-)

In fact I have seen very bad incidences of violence that escalated to
riot levels in lockup just because of an all to dedicated punishment
model replacing good interactions between staff and client..or
prisoner.

You should write a book! ;-)

As for using punishment on youth....they are experts in "punishment"
and can dish out considerably more than caregivers can legally give.

Really? ;-)

All the clues to the problem were there, and these same people stated
them clearly...yet you seem unable to quote and understand THOSE.

Which is?

Anger issues....again....And verbal denigration....

Yeah, because you are certifiable cretenous asshole.

LOL! Typical response from a "never-spanked" boy!
Remember the "**** you, Chris" post? ;-)

Much worse than spanking.

Bull****. You can babble your **** all day long, not matter how evil
and vile, and I'd never lay a finger on you....hit me and watch what
happens.

Coward alwasy hide behind fake names and talk big. :-)

....Tsk....tsk whoever socialized you?

I have to ask the same of you concerning conscience and ethical
development.

I have to ask you mom! ;-)

Fern sent in about MINIMAL PUNISHMENT IN YOUTH DETENTION FACILITY IN

CT .

We know what you sent....and no matter how loudly you yell it it does
NOT make YOUR claims true. The article was about a good deal more than
that, but the spanking compulsives are bound to see only the portion
that appeals to them. Objective you ain't, Artichoke. None of yah.

And you are a "never-spanked" boy! ;-)

Have a nice day, Kane0!

Doan

Old May 25th 04, 11:09 PM
Carlson LaVonne

Post a refernce to what you are talking about, Doan. And look at what
you wrote.

LaVonne

Doan wrote:
There is no CP in juvenile hall, LaVonne! Have you looked at
Sweden lately? ;-)

Doan

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Carlson LaVonne wrote:

Since the vast majority of juveniles are children who experienced
corporal punishment, I welcome your post.

Get rid of corporal punishment and many of these juveniles would not be
where they are.

LaVonne

Fern5827 wrote:

Under DCF CT supervision.

FWD:

Old May 26th 04, 06:08 AM
Doan

Why don't you post a reference to what you talking about? As for Sweden,
try this:

"Changing public attitudes towards corporal punishment: the effects of
statutory reform in Sweden " Julian V. Roberts
Child Abuse & Neglect. v24, Issue 8 p. 1027-1035

Doan

Doan wrote:
There is no CP in juvenile hall, LaVonne! Have you looked at
Sweden lately? ;-)

Doan

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Carlson LaVonne wrote:

Since the vast majority of juveniles are children who experienced
corporal punishment, I welcome your post.

Get rid of corporal punishment and many of these juveniles would not be
where they are.

LaVonne

Fern5827 wrote:

Under DCF CT supervision.

FWD:

From: wexwimpy
Date: 5/23/2004 11:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time
[...]

"Parenting Without Punishing" Chris General 328 July 1st 04 05:59 AM
paradigms of spanking Doan General 0 January 3rd 04 07:03 PM
paradigms of spanking Lifeknox Spanking 5 January 3rd 04 07:03 PM
paradigms of punishment LadySharon811 Spanking 0 December 29th 03 04:02 AM
So much for the claims about Sweden Kane Spanking 10 November 5th 03 06:31 AM