wDnnSCPS

Old May 15th 05, 05:51 AM

Kane's Komments

....seem to be getting to one of you.....0:-

Kane:

So where was CPS? Why they were following Doug's lead, and not getting
involved until the abuse escalated to assault and could be criminally
charged.

And folks, trust Douggie on this, this man's abusive behavior couldn't
be an illness, just criminal. Had he been caught early on by CPS, like
certain other sick ****s in this ng, CPS couldn't have done anything to
stop it before the severe injuries occured. Our irony dysfunctional one
has said so. Trust him. 0:-

MAN Is Arrested on Child Abuse Charge Man Is Arrested on Child ...
The Ledger - Lakeland,FL,USA
.... her. Carlos Vergara, 33, of 1920 E. Edgewood Drive #0-3, was
arrested
on seven counts of aggravated child abuse. Officers searched ...
http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050514/NEWS/505140416/1134

Kane:

Oooo....this lady doesn't have an "illness," nosiree.......0;-

Could CPS have stopped this from happening, had they been involved soon
enough? We'll never know....and if some people get their way, this will
be repeated again and again, and CPS blocked from intervening soon
enough.

PREGNANT woman is arrested on felony child abuse charge
SunHerald.com - Biloxi,MS,USA
.... broken arms and a fractured skull remains under intensive care,
according
to police, who have arrested the toddler's mother on a felony child
abuse
charge. ...
http://www.sunherald.com/mld/thesunherald/news/local/11644540.htm

Kane:

Now this is a sad one, and might well fit the claim, "child abuse is a
crime," "child abuse is not an illness." Maybe.

On the other hand, this boy looks like he could have been stopped if
found out early on and in fact treated for his illness.....his
"illness" being one I see here in this ng rather often: THINKING ERROR,
AND LOGICAL FALLACY. Both conditions are in fact treatable, and in fact
have been treated in perps by CPS. There is considerably addressing of
these very things in parenting classes.

However the attendees that are really really sick are in resistance to
seeing this factual issues...of ignorance and determined fundamentalist
"I'm right about parent's rights to do what they wish to their child,"
and they go all, "Let ME teach the class how to hit a child properly."
0;-

AREA teen guilty of child abuse
Gainesville Sun - Gainesville,FL,USA
.... teenager, who told police he was mimicking actions on a video game
when he hit his 2-year-old cousin with a stick last month, guilty of
child
abuse Friday. ...
http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050514/LOCAL/50513050/1078/news

I apologize if my listing these offends anyone's sensibilities, but of
course, not being cursed with thinking error myself, I do NOT apologize
to those assholes that want children to be victimized to the point of
'severe' abuse so that criminal assualt charges must be brought.

Those that think child abuse is NOT about a treatable illness, don't
appreciate the need and often expressed desire of the child to keep
their parent, but stop the abuse and neglect. And that's all it takes.
And CPS does it over and over again year after year.

You who read here are routinely lied to about this issue.

So I'll keep listing the crimes, while you remember that a sick
treatable person initiated them, and could have very likely have been
helped to not do so, or the child could have been removed to safety
long before, had CPS been involved BEFORE IT BECAME ASSAULT.

0:-

Old May 15th 05, 11:46 AM
Uncle Chester

wrote in message
oups.com...

Doug wrote:

...A pack of thinking error babbling bull****....

Doug, this is your thinking error with a major logic fault;

Something being a crime does not preclude it also being a mental
illness.

And treatable BEFORE the crime to intervene and hopefully stop it from
happening.

And in fact that is what CPS does in a great many cases.

You mean CPS can PREDICT crime BEFORE it happens?

0:-

Old May 15th 05, 05:56 PM

Uncle Chester wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Doug wrote:

...A pack of thinking error babbling bull****....

Doug, this is your thinking error with a major logic fault;

Something being a crime does not preclude it also being a mental
illness.

And treatable BEFORE the crime to intervene and hopefully stop it

from
happening.

And in fact that is what CPS does in a great many cases.

You mean CPS can PREDICT crime BEFORE it happens?

In general, yes. So can the police. So can academics whose studies and
reports are available to both.

Certain conditions in a family can predict the outcome of abuse and
neglect. Early stages of drug use in a family, for instance, if allowed
to continue without intervention, nearly always results in neglect, and
abuse, for the children.

Certain parenting "methods" if you can call neglect a "method" will
result in traumatized children...to the point of some kinds inevitably
turning out to hurt the child.

Lower levels of abuse nearly always, without intervention by someone,
or some agency, result in greater degrees of injury in time. Domestic
violence is typically one of those. That's why in many states it is
already considered "child abuse" risk to the degree that the state is
mandated to intervene when children are present.

Predict? Not with absolute certainty. Do you stay home and not drive in
public because a certain number of accidents can be predicted pretty
accurately by the National Traffic Safety people?

Would you suggest that traffic safety and enforcement be curtailed
because they can't do so perfectly?

You might try reading a little, instead of babbling your life away,
Dennis.
And a class in critical thinking wouldn't hurt you either.

0:-

Old May 15th 05, 07:23 PM
Jack Smith

Uncle Chester wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Doug wrote:

[...]

The risk assessment instruments have failed all empirical tests for
reliability. They are bunk. They destroy innocent families based on
flawed science.

Certain parenting "methods" if you can call neglect a "method" will
result in traumatized children...to the point of some kinds

inevitably
turning out to hurt the child.

Once again, yer trippin off some ****in place. Can CPS predict crime
BEFORE it happens?

We already know child neglect is not good for the kiddies.

Lower levels of abuse nearly always, without intervention by someone,
or some agency, result in greater degrees of injury in time. Domestic
violence is typically one of those. That's why in many states it is
already considered "child abuse" risk to the degree that the state is
mandated to intervene when children are present.

But can CPS predict crime BEFORE it happens? We already know domestic
violence is bad for the kiddies.

Predict? Not with absolute certainty.

So CPS can predict crime in general. But not with absolute certainly.

You mean like 'we know 'dem niggas is up to no good, jus don't know
what no good it is yet'??

Your ignorance and raw bigotry slay me.

Do you stay home and not drive in
public because a certain number of accidents can be predicted pretty
accurately by the National Traffic Safety people?

Would you suggest that traffic safety and enforcement be curtailed
because they can't do so perfectly?

WTF are you babbling about. Please clarify your irrelevant analogy.
Seems yer sayin CPS should investigate everyone even though they can't
do it perfectly??

You might try reading a little, instead of babbling your life away,
Dennis.
And a class in critical thinking wouldn't hurt you either.

Critical thinking?? Your ****in rock brain is so far from critical
thinking you could be the a poster boy for parrots. All you have is
your substantial confusion and the unshakeable delusion that you're
always right. Quite a dangerous mix. Bet you ****ed up a lot of
innocent folks lives before the ran you off to usenet to babble.

0:-

Old May 15th 05, 09:26 PM

Jack Smith wrote:
wrote:
Uncle Chester wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Doug wrote:

[...]

Then Jack, you should have no problem producing those tests...surely
there are some reports about them? Not from rabid anti Government and
anti CPS websites, if you don't mind. 0:-

Certain parenting "methods" if you can call neglect a "method" will
result in traumatized children...to the point of some kinds

inevitably
turning out to hurt the child.

Once again, yer trippin off some ****in place. Can CPS predict crime
BEFORE it happens?

Yes. So can you. So can anyone that can read and understands
probability. For instance, if there is a rise in unemployment there is
an accompanying rise, shortly after in domestic violence. Can you
figure that out? Cause and effect?

Why do you think there would be such a rise along with unemployment,
Jack?

http://tinyurl.com/8bavc

Interestingly, there is an accompanying rate of substance abuse, and
lower incomes. I've heard, 0:- , that both of these and other factors
connected to being out of work, tends to stress folks in a household,
even the kiddies.

I've heard also that stress levels coorelate to abuse rates. What do
you think, Jack? No connection?

Do you, for instance, think that in a household were corporal
punishment is not used for child rearing the rate for physical abuse is
higher or lower?

We already know child neglect is not good for the kiddies.

Doh.

Lower levels of abuse nearly always, without intervention by

someone,
or some agency, result in greater degrees of injury in time.

Domestic
violence is typically one of those. That's why in many states it is
already considered "child abuse" risk to the degree that the state

is
mandated to intervene when children are present.

But can CPS predict crime BEFORE it happens? We already know domestic
violence is bad for the kiddies.

Yes, just as I said above. And the assessment instruments, contrary to
your unsupported claim, and MY previously posted report on one that was
criticized in this ng, but recognized as one of the most excellent, do
work.

You may be thinking of, since you apparently don't know much about such
things, how ANY TOOL CAN BE MISUSED. In fact, my fact finding
adventures, then subsequent threads on assessment tools in this ng,
began with a small debate over the definition of "substantiated," and
"unsubstantiated" findings by CPS workers and their supervisors.

My worthy opponent, who shall go nameless so I do not embarrass him
with what he might mistake as an accolade in his favor, posited that
the rate of unsubstantiated abuse was a varifiably correct number,
based on both the feds definition of "substantiated," and the field
application of it by line workers and their supers.

Fact is, the feds themselves, USDHHS, were so concerned that the
definition was NOT being applied correctly, that they commissioned a
study. And guess what it found? That indeed, unsubstantiated did NOT
mean the child was NOT injured or at risk of injury, but other factors
were considered.

If you read the MI assessment form that was provided for argument here,
you can readily see how easy such a tool could be misused. I protest
it. I said, in the debate, that finding it was NOT used correctly was
in itself the issue.

My worthy opponent still seems to think that the definition by the feds
applies as accurate to the data coming out of the states. Isn't that
laughable?

A scalpel or fire or an LEO's gun, all tools, can be misused, or they
can be used correctly.

Now when our country dedicates the money that will allow for caseloads
to be consistention in the 12 to 15 per worker range on average, and we
have enough to attrack well educated workers that are well trained
before and during their casecarrying carrier, we will see much of the
'malpractice' go away.

This is true in all fields. Underfunded LE has similar problems, so
does medicine, plumbing, law, and all phases of government. Cut the
funding (CPS funding has NEVER once rising to the level of need of our
communities that I know of) and you inevitably cut the quality.

Predict? Not with absolute certainty.

So CPS can predict crime in general. But not with absolute certainly.

Not to time, place, and the form it will take. But in "general" as you
say, it certainly can, and so could you if you were trained and
experienced. Contrary to popular belief their still are some people
working for CPS that are trained and experienced. It is harder to
retain them as salaries are frozen, training budgets slashed (both seen
in states around me in the west over the past 20 years) and they retire
out.

The addition of more severe chemical dependency on illegal drugs and
substances make the problem all that more severe and costly to deal
with.

You mean like 'we know 'dem niggas is up to no good, jus don't know
what no good it is yet'??

Yes. Of course. You of course don't get it. You an take any group where
conditions are controlled to a degree, variables like decayed
infrastructure (da'hood), poverty, grinding hate filed rejection by the
society around them, demeaning stereotypes portrayed in the media for a
century or so, unserved by the police adequately, and you can predict
from trend studies that a certain amount of crime will happen.

You can apply that to families that have x number of variables not in
their favor and predict with a bit more certainty there will be child
abuse in that family. Interestingly it is not tied to "race" as in
"niggas" (your term, not mine) but to the conditions. Such variables
visited on other races produce very similar results.

Many that have come here to this country have escaped it by putting on
the trappings of the mainstream (my own Irish ancestors did that...I
suspect we were very poor peasants before we immigrated...and my first
generation Irish worked in the coal mines of Kentucky).

What we could walk away from successfully, of course, was
identification as "other." Something most blacks and hispanics cannot.

Your ignorance and raw bigotry slay me.

I'm not the one that went to callin' people "niggas," child. And I have
no desire to "slay" you. That seems to be reserved for some parents
toward their children. My most pressing concern.

Do you stay home and not drive in
public because a certain number of accidents can be predicted

pretty
accurately by the National Traffic Safety people?

Would you suggest that traffic safety and enforcement be curtailed
because they can't do so perfectly?

WTF are you babbling about. Please clarify your irrelevant analogy.
Seems yer sayin CPS should investigate everyone even though they

can't
do it perfectly??

Traffic safety inforcement doesn't "investigate" everyone. Only those
suspected of driving unsafely, or having proven to be driving unsafely.

The analogy stands firm and appropriate.

Take our laws against drunk driving. If a drunk drives and hits no one,
should we not expect a traffic patrol officer to stop the weaving
driver and ticket him or her for being intoxicated based in no damage
having occured "YET?"

That is the argument put forward here about CPS intervention in
families where children are at risk. Even argued that many things that
I know professionally to be very damaging are not so damaging. Very
stupid arguments, like sexual abuse doesn't really damage a child
unless it's "forced," violently.

You might try reading a little, instead of babbling your life away,
Dennis.
And a class in critical thinking wouldn't hurt you either.

Critical thinking??

I presume from the double question marks you don't understand the term
and what it actually intails.

Your ****in rock brain is so far from critical
thinking you could be the a poster boy for parrots.

Who am I repeating? And what am I repeating?

For instance, there's been no argument for the efficacy of assessment
tools in child protection, other than they are being used. An award has
been given for the one I cited. My mentioning it's existence, and the
award, is "parroting?"

All you have is
your substantial confusion and the unshakeable delusion that you're
always right.

Odd. I just had an exchange with Dan Sullivan, you know him, right? R
R R R

Where I pointed out my experience and his (we come from opposite sides
of the country) was very different. That did not make me claim he was
lying, now did it?

No if he claimed conditions in my area were different based on evidence
he found (and I believe this happened once or twice) I CHANGED my
persective based on his facts. His facts tend to be provable and
reliable on examination by independent sources.

Would that indicate I think I'm always right, and have an unshakable
delusion, or is it that Dan is a liar and my delusion is that he's not?

Quite a dangerous mix. Bet you ****ed up a lot of
innocent folks lives before the ran you off to usenet to babble.

I have about a half a file cabinet drawer of mostly relatives of
children ONCE in CPS custody, that have thanked me for my help in
making them '****ed up' and now the legal parents, or at the very
least, the foster parents of those same children.

I presume those relatives were innocent folks. I also know that my
helping them did in fact cause some "****ed up" bio parents some pain.
It was that, or the children be more damaged and possibly killed, in
time.

I met many of the children, and they were in pretty horrible shape from
what their bio parents had done to them. The relatives shared, once
they had custody, some of the evidence with me.

I am modestly proud of my having "****ed up" the abusers of those
children. They were not, as you claim, "innocent."

Any other Deep Thoughts, sir?

0:-

0:-]

Old May 15th 05, 11:31 PM

Kane's Komments

Kane:

This one's a kick. It lays the lie, as so much factual information does
to you poor saps, to the idea that criminal prosecution rather than CPS
investigation will protect people from being wrongly accused. I love
it. Just love it.

I warned you Doug, that pushing for criminal investigation over CPS
investigation would go in the direction of more people being idicted
for CRIME, instead of being able to work out a simpler solution with
CPS, like a parenting class and or an anger management class.

This guy may face a charge of criminal assault....why? Because that IS
how the law is written, this is not the only state.

PLYMOUTH
DSS clears father of abuse
Assault charge still pending over use of belt to spank son

By Stephanie Neil, Globe Correspondent | May 12, 2005

In a case that explores the sometimes-blurry line between tough love
and abuse, a Plymouth man has been cleared by the Department of Social
Services for spanking his son with a belt, but still faces a June 1
hearing on charges of domestic assault and battery with a dangerous
weapon.

Charles S. Enloe, 42, was arrested on April 27 at the Plymouth police
station after admitting he used a belt to lightly strike his son for
forgetting his homework. That prompted investigations by both DSS and
police.

''We have completed the investigation. It did not support the
allegation of abuse," Denise Monteiro, DSS spokeswoman, said this week.
''We . . . found there was no physical abuse." She said the
department's investigation was based on 10 days of interviews with
pediatricians, police, and teachers. .....

....and just guess what the police are going to be required to do
ANYWAY, Douggie..."it's a crime not an illness" boy? ....click the
link below.......

http://www.boston.com/news/local/art...ther_of_abuse/

Kane:

Now on to the spanking question. Is there grass roots support for an
end to spanking?

Spiegel: To spank or not to spank
By Stanley Spiegel
Thursday, May 12, 2005

Town Meeting, which begins a week from Tuesday, will once again be
considering a resolution asking parents to refrain from employing
corporal punishment when disciplining their children.

......... And on the merits, the resolution should prevail. There's
evidence that children who have experienced corporal punishment are
more likely than others to resort to violence later in life. This
doesn't mean that anyone who was spanked is likely to become an
axe-murderer or that avoiding spanking will put an end to anti-social
adult behavior, but it does suggest that discouraging the corporal
punishment of children could lead to a less violent society.
This resolution merely asks parents to consider effective,
non-violent alternatives to spanking as a means of deterring errant
behavior. .....

......the full story at:
http://www2.townonline.com/brookline...ticleid=244292

Kane:

Well, this is turning out better all the time. Except for bobber, who
will likely be incensed at there being such a harsh sentence in the
online pornography case of the little girl. Seems she's safe now, and
the perp.....well, read it here....at,

Kane:

Here's another one for bobber and greegor, the knowitalls that think
being a queer means being a child molester..... Eppps! He's a "bi."
What now?

Foxnews.
.....Chilling Deposition
Former Catholic priest reveals how he molested young boys and
girls.....

(look for the story to the right on the same page as the little girl in
the online porno case)

Kane:

Oh dear. Now we have a hetero molestor. Where will it all end?
Might it be that child molestors are neither straight or gay, but child
molestors?

Article Published: Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 9:04:00 PM PST

Fontana clown charged with child molestation

Two girls report abuse; police suspect there are more victims

By Melissa Pinion-Whitt
Staff writer

FONTANA - A 48-year-old man who worked throughout Southern California
as a clown named Trim-Trim was arrested this week on suspicion of
molesting two girls....

.....more at:

http://www.dailybulletin.com/Stories...867060,00.html

Kane:

Just to leave all you child whallopin' yahoos with something to
cogitate upon....the manufacturer of the infamous, "The Rod" out of
Oklahoma, has given in to the online petition effort of Sue Lawrence of
Parenting in Jesus Footsteps, and stopped the manufacture and sales of
the torture device for beating children and infants, as per the advice
of the equally infamous Pearls.

http://parentinginjesusfootsteps.org/petition.html

Then there's this mirror site that has a really interesting
graphic....eheheheheh....

http://www.family-source.com/cache/704082/idx/0
Want to see a picture of me....a real online graphic of 0:- ?

Just look at who is holding The Rod in the picture provided. I took
that in about 2000, when I got my very own "The Rod" to see if it
wasn't some sort of sick joke.

Aren't I handsome? R R R R R R .......

Old May 16th 05, 04:21 AM

Kane's Komments

Kane:
Here we go again. Failure on the part of CPS to intervene early enough
results in what, douggie?

This particular story again and again attacks some of your, and others
here, ideas of what is wrong with CPS and how to fix it.

More horrendous abuse then before (hence the deaths). An overloaded
understaffed inadequately trained worker pool. Resources, with this
horrific increase in deaths and severity of abuse, no greater than they
were FIFTEEN years ago, roughly the time I've said again and again I
witnessed reductions in staff and funding in my area.

And worst of all, (there are some things I absolutely HATE being right
about) the trace to unemployment and financial hardship increasing and
families reacting to that stress at the expense of their children. Who
was it here that claimed that being poor doesn't equate with abusing
one's children?

Odd, isn't it, that the data has NEVER supported that statement. That
in fact the abuse rate is higher among the poor?

Yah know, at the risk of being called a liar and trying to hide the
evidence, I suggest, that if you really care about children, and are
the least sensitive you pass this next story up. I had trouble reading
it and I'm accustomed to such things.....

CHILD abuse growing
Baton Rouge Advocate - Baton Rouge,LA,USA
.... Unfortunately, their deaths, while horrific, were not the only
examples
of child abuse or neglect so severe that it became fatal. ...
http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/051505/new_abuse001.shtml

Kane:
Could you assholes be right and those risk assessment tools not being
tough enough...oh wait, you claim they "destroy" families, right? Well,
failure to use them looks to me as though it's destroying children.

"Child Abuse on the Rise
Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version

Fort Polk on the Grow
Child Abuse on the Rise
Funeral Services Scheduled for Local Marine
Fighting Heart Disease
LA Taxpayers Get a Reprieve
SWLA Gets In on the Big Screen
Stopping An Attack Before It Starts!
Smokers On The Job
LEAP Scores
70th Anniversary Couple

May 15, 2005
Reported by Rhonda Kitchens

The Louisiana Department of Social Services is facing some heat after a
new report shows a stiff increase in child abuse cases across the
state.

The number of children in Louisiana, dying from abuse or neglect,
increased by about 48 percent over five years and the State Department
of Social Services faces a slew of lawsuits alleging that it has not
done its job to protect children.

Records show that 29 children died in 2000 and that the number of
deaths rose to 43 in 2003 and 2004.

According to reports, in 42 percent of the cases that ended in death in
2003, OCS workers had previously investigated complaints of abuse and
neglect inside the home. "

.....at the link below.

CHILD Abuse on the Rise
KPLC-TV - Lake Charles,LA,USA
The Louisiana Department of Social Services is facing some heat after a
new report shows a stiff increase in child abuse cases across the
state.
http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3346949&nav=0nqxZsmB

Kane's final Komment for today:

The longer previous story to the last one manages to pinpoint some of
the things going on that keeps CPS crippled, as it has been from its
earliest beginnings in state after state. Always the stepchild of human
services, itself a distant cousin to state government agencies that get
far more publically funded resources, CPS cannot keep up with the
pressure of the real abuses going on in families in America.

The population grows, the "rate" abuse stays the same (which means its
actually numberical incidence increases with the population) and the
resources, including staffing, stay the same or shrink from what they
were a decade or more ago.

In many states, workers wages have been frozen for years, attracting
fewer and fewer more qualified college grads...the graduate degreed
folks, and less and less money is provided for ongoing training, to
workers that couldn't get if the state had the money, because of both
the number, and the severity of cases they handle.

And you pricks lie.

Nothing fancy. You just lie. Why? I think because the majority of you
are little ****ants that got caught abusing and are in denial. With nor
more than a few remarkable exceptions I've seen here over the past
three years.

So, greegor, what DO you think of the idea of parents taking their
children from state custody using lethal force, eh?

0:-}

Old May 16th 05, 05:13 AM
Doan

On Sun, 15 May 2005, Uncle Chester wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Doug wrote:

...A pack of thinking error babbling bull****....

Doug, this is your thinking error with a major logic fault;

Something being a crime does not preclude it also being a mental
illness.

And treatable BEFORE the crime to intervene and hopefully stop it from
happening.

And in fact that is what CPS does in a great many cases.

You mean CPS can PREDICT crime BEFORE it happens?

Yes, haven't you seen Tom Cruise in Minority Report? ;-)

Doan

Old May 16th 05, 05:16 AM
Doan

On 15 May 2005 wrote:

Uncle Chester wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Doug wrote:

[...]

Only if Kane0 takes his own advice. Something about an empty Kane always
make the loudest noise! ;-)

Doan