9 month ish roll call

Old March 11th 04, 02:01 AM
Em

Default 9 month ish roll call

"Cadie" wrote in message
"Em" wrote in message
Is there a weight limit on slings? My DS is bordering on 20 pounds

at 6
months and I still carry him in the sling. Is it bad for one or the

other of
us to be doing so? He is also about 28 or 29 inches tall.

--
Em
mama to L-baby, almost 6 months old!

Most slings (except for the NoJo and OTSHB, which do have weight
limits) are weight tested anywhere from 45-100 pounds. So basically,
as long as you're comfortable carrying him, you can continue to wear
him in a sling.

Thanks for the response, Cadie. Now that I think about it, I seem to recall
reading that some people find slings difficult once the baby gets past 20
pounds. I didn't remember ever reading anything about a weight safety limit
though. I always assumed it would be self-limiting and it appears they are.

Old March 11th 04, 02:51 AM
Irrational Number

Pillbug is finally rolling consistently, but no
crawling or creeping in sight. He does put himself
in a different position in his crib every time I
get up to nurse him.

He has 2 bottom teeth now and only bites me if
he doesn't want any more milk, so that's cool. He's
about 30 inches long and weighs 23 pounds (by my
work scale) or 25 pounds (by my home scale). It's
very tiring holding him!

He's now saying "da" and "ra". I think he babbles
in both Chinese and English (listening for tones),
but I'm probably imagining it.

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old March 11th 04, 03:18 AM
Akuvikate

Bug is hooting in the bath with DH right now as part of our new
bedtime routine...

She's a baby on the move -- crawling, loves to pull to stand, and has
barely stood on her own for a few seconds twice. She's also saying
"mamamamamamammamma" a lot, which I'm not sure whether to attach
meaning to or not.

The amount of solids she's interested in eating has gone up. We're
doing 3 meals a day and I'm not sure whether I should add an afternoon
snack yet or stick with nursing then. I've never timed nursings with
meals -- sometimes after, sometimes between, sometimes an hour or so
before. At this point she nurses less during the day and probably
gets nearly half her bm intake at night.

Nights... would be manageable as is if I weren't going back to work
with overnight shifts in June, but I will be. I think we're going to
have to stop co-sleeping and have DH go in to deal with night wakings
to get her night-weaned, and I don't think she's gonna like it. But
better to get that hurdle out of the way soon than to have her face
it, daycare, and mommy's absences simultaneously.

Kate
and the Bug, 9 months
Old March 11th 04, 06:29 AM
Paradise News

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
Moo boy is asleep in my lap after a good feed so excuse typos.

Nights are on and off, more off than on as he has just cut a top tooth
and has a cold. I tried to cut down on night feeds but as he is not
feeling well I am back to on demand, every 3 hrs last night which is
an improvement. 'This will not last forever' I keep saying.

My Charlotte is the similar - 2 weeks shy of 9 months and waking every 3 to
5 hours (5 is brilliant!). If she wakes before 4 hours I send hubbie in and
he normally manages to sooth her - otherwise she demands the boob and
normally guzzles at it too - so must be hungry - especially as she isn't
taking much solids - though beginning to improve since starting with finger
foods and spacing out solids from breastfeeds so she's not full on milk.

I am starting to feel like I would like my boobs back a bit so I am
giving him solids and juice before the breast in the daytime. Does
anyone know if this is a good way to do it? He is eating really well
now, no meat, dairy or wheat but lots of other things - sticks of
celery to wield like light sabres are his favorite right now.

The mooster is 8.1 kilos, thats 17lbs and something to lug round in a
sling. i like the sling cos we can talk ans sing as we walk along,
its nice and sociable.

Charlotte's just been weighed and is 7.2kg (just below 25%), length is 68cm
(25%) and head 44cm (50%).

He is getting more mobile every second rolling, sitting and rolling
again to get where he wants but not yet crawling, and he pulls himself
up on anything he can reach.

She's been crawling for a couple of weeks and pulling up to standing and
getting back down - just starting to take off a hand and cruise... uh oh!
going on a 24 hour plus plane ride in 2 weeks from NZ to the UK to visit all
our family - geez! She doesn't sleep much during the day either - but she's
a very happy, gorgeous livewire - check out her pics at www.nzcuties.com

Old March 11th 04, 08:02 AM
KC

For a few days my dh watched the kids while I did a bunch of things I
had to do. I just kept popping in to breast feed during the day and
then giving Jessi back to dh. It was awesome at the end of that when
Jessi and I had a huge cuddle-fest. She missed me, and I missed her.
Having a baby is such a wonderful love affair.

She's long and lean. I don't know any of the stats. She has walked a
bit, but appears to be in no hurry to make it her means of
transportation, and still prefers crawling. Jessi is so muscular in
her legs, butt and hips because she has been standing for 5 months
now. She doesn't look like a baby on her bottom half anymore. She
looks more like a dancer.

She had a couple of days of waking in the middle of the night and not
wanting to feed, but tylenol fixed that; must be teething.

I have still been giving breast first. There have been exceptions
like while travelling as food is more convenient when strapped into a
car seat. Is there some recommendation? Offering food first at this
point does feel like the right thing to do, and that is usually my
criteria, so I guess it's time to make the switch.

She says, "Mama Bubba" when she wants to nurse, and she claps if you
ask her if she wants something and she does. She also waves if you
say hi to her. It's cool to see her communicate. She seems to be
growing up so fast. I really dig toddlerhood though, so I am in
heaven. Infancy is cool because it is so fleeting and earthy, but
toddlerhood is just plain fun.

She has her 4 front teeth so far.

KC
Old March 11th 04, 08:33 AM
Andrea

"Em" wrote in message
"Andrea" wrote in message
"teapot" wrote in message
The mooster is 8.1 kilos, thats 17lbs and something to lug round in a
sling. i like the sling cos we can talk ans sing as we walk along,
its nice and sociable.

He is getting more mobile every second rolling, sitting and rolling
again to get where he wants but not yet crawling, and he pulls himself
up on anything he can reach.

Kami has 8 teeth, and is sitting and rolling. He weighs 23 pounds! So no
sling for us!
He is now on formula by day and boob by night.

Is there a weight limit on slings? My DS is bordering on 20 pounds at 6
months and I still carry him in the sling. Is it bad for one or the other

of
us to be doing so? He is also about 28 or 29 inches tall.

--
Em
mama to L-baby, almost 6 months old!

My Tomy sling is 21lbs max. That's what it says on the label. They don't
sell Maya style wraps here.
Also Kam was 20 odd pounds at 6 months but his weight gain has become more
steady. He is now following the 75th centile quite happily.

Andrea.

Old March 11th 04, 11:06 AM
Anne Rogers

just read all the other threads, looks like I have the skinniest 9 month
old, on our scales he is 7kg. We haven't measured his height recently, I
can remember what his head circumference was, but it was above 50th
centile, but his weight is still around the 0.4th!

Still breastfeeding for all milk feeds, he takes a wide variety of solids
(no sign of any allergies), but only takes finger food, so he doesn't get
much nutrition that way. He has about 5 good feeds a day, some days these
are expressed milk as I work part time. I'm planning to give him ebm for
day time feeds til he is a year, then we'll go one feed at a time to cows
milk, I had planned to keep the bed time feed, but he'd not a fan of that,
so we'll see what happens, he loves the first thing in the morning one
though, so I'll let him self-wean from that.

Currently he is mainly sleeping through, after a dodgy phase a few weeks
ago. Our key to this is getting him to bed early about 7.30 or earlier. He
wakes at 6ish, has a big feed, then goes back down for a couple of hours.

We've been going to a swimming class and it is fab, ds loves it.

Nice to hear about everyone else,
Anne
Old March 11th 04, 12:58 PM
Anne Rogers

My Tomy sling is 21lbs max. That's what it says on the label. They don't
sell Maya style wraps here.
Also Kam was 20 odd pounds at 6 months but his weight gain has become more
steady. He is now following the 75th centile quite happily.

you can get padded slings similar to the maya wrap from a couple of places
in the UK

I made a sling like the Maya Wrap and I love it.

We've also just bought a carrier called "MaxiMom" from the states, it's
like a bjorn, but the straps are separate and the baby can wear the main
bit in the carseat etc. it also goes umpteen different ways, I wore is as
a back pack a couple of days ago and loved it.
Old March 12th 04, 05:58 AM
Paradise News

Hi Anne,

Sarah here, with little Charlotte (7.2kg, born 28 June), she's also
prefering finger food to anything else and the whole solids 'thing' has been
a real battle. I'm still averaging 5 to 6 breastfeeds (she has 2 to 3 at
night). I find with solids I really have to time it so she's not too tired,
but not too energetic and wanting to play - I also have to space it out a
good hour to two hours after a breastfeed, otherwise she's just not hungry
enough. The best solid feeds are at weekends - when hubbie gives me a break
for a few hours to go and do the things I like to do - and she takes solids
much better then.

Charlotte is also swimming and absolutely loves it - lots of splashing.
Also babbling lots - which is just wonderful - it's such a gorgeous age.
Really enjoying motherhood, but some days I am sooooo tired!

All the very best to you and the rest of the group, Sarah & Charlotte
. cam.ac.uk...

Old March 12th 04, 07:17 AM
J,T&M

9 months next week here!

After 8.5 months of eating every 1-2.5 hours at night... in the last
week she has given me at least 5-6 hours straight sleep a night! I am
actually feeling rested. Nothing in our parenting changed she just
finally got it I guess. Not holding out hope it will last though as she
does not have any teeth yet so that will be coming soon I guess!

Nursing is perfect. Some days she takes solids and others next to none.
Though we just tried baby fresh cheese (mini mou mou) and she LOVES it.
She actually ate about 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and a whole one of
those tonight! She only gets solids offered once a day and after nursing.

She knows the signs for nums (milk) and more. That is making things
easier. She is starting to pull to her knees but not crawling or
anything yet. She now also claps her hands and waves bye/hi.

She is about 18-19 lbs now! My little porker!

all in all she is a joy

Tammy
and Olivia 9 months
and Madeline 2.5 years