lifting weights (baby)

Old January 23rd 04, 10:06 PM
ted

Default lifting weights (baby)

Since I can't stop myself from picking up and carrying around my DD
after work, I need to know if it's ok. Once I go home, she's attaches
herself to me until we both go to bed. I don't feel uncomfortable
carrying her around and in fact I love it that she needs me so much.
She only weighs 20lbs or so right now (10.5 months). So is it ok?
when, if at all will it be not ok to carry her around.

Thanks.
Old January 23rd 04, 10:22 PM
Sue

It certainly is ok to lift your child and carry her around. The only reason
you would have to stop, if it really really hurts your back. There is no
reason to not carry or lift heavy objects. )
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

om...

Old January 23rd 04, 10:24 PM
Nikki

ted wrote:
Since I can't stop myself from picking up and carrying around my DD
after work, I need to know if it's ok. Once I go home, she's attaches
herself to me until we both go to bed. I don't feel uncomfortable
carrying her around and in fact I love it that she needs me so much.
She only weighs 20lbs or so right now (10.5 months). So is it ok?
when, if at all will it be not ok to carry her around.

I carried my toddler all through pregnancy, as much as I could. It was hard
at the end because he was a big two year old and I had no waist to cling to
;-). He wasn't much of a clinger anyway! My doctor said if I felt I could,
it was OK, that it wouldn't harm anything.
--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old January 23rd 04, 10:25 PM
Kat

"ted" wrote in message
om...
Since I can't stop myself from picking up and carrying around my DD
after work, I need to know if it's ok. Once I go home, she's attaches
herself to me until we both go to bed. I don't feel uncomfortable
carrying her around and in fact I love it that she needs me so much.
She only weighs 20lbs or so right now (10.5 months). So is it ok?
when, if at all will it be not ok to carry her around.

Thanks.

From what I have been told and experienced there is no reason not to be able
to carry your child around. If you have any doubts ask your doctor.
kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 24th 04, 12:57 AM
Larry McMahan

Ha! If this is dangerous, there are a LOT of mothers in trouble!
Seriously, I don't know of any mother of an infant or toddler who
didn't carry them around while pregnant with the second.

Good luck,
Larry

Old January 24th 04, 02:45 AM
Sue

"ted" wrote in message
om...
Since I can't stop myself from picking up and carrying around my DD
after work, I need to know if it's ok. Once I go home, she's attaches
herself to me until we both go to bed. I don't feel uncomfortable
carrying her around and in fact I love it that she needs me so much.
She only weighs 20lbs or so right now (10.5 months). So is it ok?
when, if at all will it be not ok to carry her around.

Thanks.

It's okay. Just make sure to follow proper back care instructions for
picking up your DD (i.e. squatting before picking her up instead of bending
from your waist).

---
EDD: 2/16/04 Baby girl
Age 39 First baby

Old January 24th 04, 04:55 AM
Denise Anderson

"ted" wrote in message
om...
Since I can't stop myself from picking up and carrying around my DD
after work, I need to know if it's ok. Once I go home, she's attaches
herself to me until we both go to bed. I don't feel uncomfortable
carrying her around and in fact I love it that she needs me so much.
She only weighs 20lbs or so right now (10.5 months). So is it ok?
when, if at all will it be not ok to carry her around.

Thanks.

Its fine. I still carry my 30 pound 5 year old around sometimes, not to
mention the other 2 girls.

Old January 24th 04, 05:22 AM
Ty

ted wrote in message . ..
Since I can't stop myself from picking up and carrying around my DD
after work, I need to know if it's ok. Once I go home, she's attaches
herself to me until we both go to bed. I don't feel uncomfortable
carrying her around and in fact I love it that she needs me so much.
She only weighs 20lbs or so right now (10.5 months). So is it ok?
when, if at all will it be not ok to carry her around.

I'd say as long as you are comfortable carrying her, go right ahead. Most
women carry their older children throughout their pregnancies with no
negative effects. (I carried my 5 year old at times when I was
pregnant...that was almost 50 pounds!)
Marie

Old January 24th 04, 08:44 PM
Welches

ted wrote in message
om...
Since I can't stop myself from picking up and carrying around my DD
after work, I need to know if it's ok. Once I go home, she's attaches
herself to me until we both go to bed. I don't feel uncomfortable
carrying her around and in fact I love it that she needs me so much.
She only weighs 20lbs or so right now (10.5 months). So is it ok?
when, if at all will it be not ok to carry her around.

Thanks.

I carried dd#1 up to the end of pregnancy #2, although not as much in the
last month. She was 3 at the end of the pregnancy and weighed about 35lb. At
37 weeks I carried her about 15 minutes across town. I had to rest for a bit
afterwards, but had no ill effects.
I reckoned as long as it doesn't hurt (either then or later) you're okay.
Debbie