does feeling mvmt early in 2nd trim. predict painful labor?

Old January 24th 04, 01:47 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Default does feeling mvmt early in 2nd trim. predict painful labor?

P Harris wrote:

Ok, now that I know that I *have* been feeling the baby wigglin'
around inside me since a day or two before 12 wks lmp, I have acquired
a bright shiny new thing to worry about (:-P) ...

...if my uterus is this sensitive to little tiny baby wriggles and
twitches in there, what on earth is LABOR going to be like?!?!?!?

Those of you who felt movement earlier than the books say is usual,
how was your eventual labor? Any anecdotes or speculation appreciated
:-)

I can't imagine what difference it would make. My
labor was the easiest with the baby I felt the earliest.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old January 24th 04, 02:36 AM
Puester

P Harris wrote:

Larry McMahan wrote in message ...
Of course not! There are a lot of other factors, such as fear,
tension, or inability to move about freely during labor

Er, yes, of COURSE there are lots of factors that affect labor.

I was asking whether this might be *one of* them :-

Pat

Doubtful.

gloria p
Old January 24th 04, 12:51 PM
Sophie

My babies' movements were down-right *painful* at times. I don't even
go
into labor, let alone have painful ones.

What does "I don't even go into labor" mean??

Um, I don't dilate, I don't go into labor. Mine are all (except the first)
scheduled c-sections. According to the OB, I don't dilate.

I never even heard of anyone *asking* if there's a correlation between
movement and labor. Weird idea IMO.

Well, now you've heard someone ask ;-)

Yeah well.

My question wasn't whether there's a correlation between fetal
movement and painful labor - my question was whether FEELING fetal
movement exceptionally early and intensely had anything to do with how
labor would feel.

And pretty much everyone said no.

Given that both issues involve (in part) how
sensitive the uterus and surrounding tissues are, it did not seem an
unreasonable question to me.

Apparently I thought it was a weird question. That's all.

But, forget it.

Sheesh, I've every page of every book on pregnancy in FOUR local
libraries plus a large segment of what's on the web, and was just
looking for more actual firsthand information on the subject. I am not
clear on how asking questions like this indicates I just need to
"educate myself about pregnancy and labor".

Pat, going back to lurking

Oh relax. At least you got replies. Lots of people don't.
Is it cos we all said the same thing - that no, it doesn't have anything to
do with how your labor will feel? Most women are more sensitive to feeling
the baby move with later pregnancies (and I won't even get into afterpains).
If it was any indication of how the labor would be what woman in her right
mind would have 3rd, 4th, 5th, or even more babies?

That's all.

Sophie
#4 due 7/18/04

Old January 24th 04, 01:12 PM
Sue

P Harris wrote in message
I am not clear on how asking questions like this indicates I just need to
"educate myself about pregnancy and labor".

Because it seemed as though you are worried about labor being painful. I
gave you some books to try an educate yourself so you wouldn't be fearful
and to get through labor the best way you can.

--
Sue (mom to three girls)