Toddler climbing out of crib

Old July 22nd 04, 10:18 PM
steve

Default Toddler climbing out of crib

Does anyone know of any crib accessory that I can install on the sides
of crib that would keep my 20 month old son from climbing out of the
crib. For different reasons we are not ready to move him to a bed and
need to keep him from climbing out of the crib

Thanks

Steve
Old July 22nd 04, 10:35 PM
Tori M.

Dont know if this will help you at all but when Bonnie first started
climbing out of her crib I turned it arround to the rail that goes up and
down is against the wall and she was stuck in for a while since the other
side was 2 inches taller.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04
om...

Old July 22nd 04, 10:37 PM
Sue

I got a crib tent that fit over the top of the crib that was made out of
mesh. It worked wonderful for us with our third child. I am pretty sure I
got it from One Step Ahead, but I have seen them in other stores now.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

om...

Old July 22nd 04, 10:53 PM
GoofeeGyrl

I got a crib tent that fit over the top of the crib that was made out of
mesh. It worked wonderful for us with our third child. I am pretty sure I
got it from One Step Ahead, but I have seen them in other stores now.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

We got one for Sophie when she was 18 months old as well. We got ours at
Babies R Us. They are really overpriced, I think around $60, but maybe even
more. It was well worth the $$ to keep her safe, even if we did only use it for
a few months. Eventually she ended up having a meltdown every night in her
crib so we switched her to a toddler bed at about 22 months.

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 3 years
and Eva, 10 months

Old July 22nd 04, 11:12 PM
Cherie

"Sue" wrote in message
I got a crib tent that fit over the top of the crib that was made out of
mesh. It worked wonderful for us with our third child. I am pretty sure I
got it from One Step Ahead, but I have seen them in other stores now.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Yes I have seen those in the One Step Ahead catalog and heard a lot of
people use them with lots of success. Don't have any personal experience
with one as we moved DS out of his crib into a toddler bed shortly after his
1st birthday because he started trying to climb out.

--
Cherie
mom to Jakob (23 months)

Old July 24th 04, 01:48 AM
Marty Billingsley

In article ,
steve wrote:
Does anyone know of any crib accessory that I can install on the sides
of crib that would keep my 20 month old son from climbing out of the
crib. For different reasons we are not ready to move him to a bed and
need to keep him from climbing out of the crib

Two words: crib tent! They are great, fit over the crib so the toddler
can still stand up, zip up and down pretty easily. They now have ones
that have mesh on all sides of the crib so that toys can't fall out.
Do a search on Amazon for "crib tent" and you'll find at least one.
My kids used to love their tents and remind me to zip them up.
Some people complain that the noise of the zip would wake up the
baby, but I never found it to be a problem.

The girls are driving me crazy now that they're in toddler beds (getting
up and bothering each other) so I put the tents on the toddler beds.
Took a bit of retro-fitting but they work. The girls get one warning
and on the second excursion out of bed they get zipped up. They don't
like the tents as well any more (now they realize that the tents
restrict their movement), but it keeps me from going in and distributing
ice packs from when they roughhouse after lights-out.

cheers,
- marty
(mom to alex & andie, 3-year-old girls)