TITLE: THE BODY NEVER LIES, AUTHOR: Alice Miller, PUBLICATION DATE: May 23, 2005

Old May 14th 05, 08:31 PM

Default TITLE: THE BODY NEVER LIES, AUTHOR: Alice Miller, PUBLICATION DATE: May 23, 2005

Reviews of Alice Miller's new book, The Body Never Lies.

BOOK NEWS
W. W. NORTON & COMPANY, INC.

"[Alice Miller is] the guru of wounded inner children
everywhere...bringing news of the inner life, and especially the subtle
hazards of emotional development, out of the cloistered offices of
therapists and into a wider, user-friendly context."-Daphne Merkin, New
York Times Book Review

"Alice Miller's arguments are lucid, closely reasoned, and utterly
convincing."-Elaine Kendall, Los Angeles Times Book Review

"Alice Miller makes chillingly clear to the many what has been
recognized only by the few: the extraordinary pain and psychological
suffering inflicted on children under the guise of conventional
childrearing."-Maurice Sendak, author of Where the Wild Things Are

"As Alice Miller knows and makes so clear, the body remembers all the
pain and suffering of childhood. Readers will find much in this book
that resonates with their own experiences and learn how to confront the
overt and covert traumas of their own childhoods." Philip Greven,
professor emeritus, Rutgers University and author of Spare the Child:
The Religious Roots of Punishment and the Psychological Impact of
Physical Abuse

...............more at the link below..............

http://nospank.net/miller24.htm

Old June 2nd 05, 09:32 PM
Greegor

Wounded inner child?

As in arrested development?

As in some oppositional defiant kid
becoming some anti spanking zealot
for cathartic reasons?

Why is this material only on nospank?

Is Kane actually Jordan Riak, the "nospank" nut?

Old June 3rd 05, 06:17 AM

Greegor wrote:
Wounded inner child?

Yes. You are a rather good example. Narcissism and the need to be cared
for like a child, not taking personal reponsibility for one's self, and
especially being a control freak over weaker than you, as in an adult
over a child, and incapable of empathy. That is what a wounded child
looks and acts like.

Don't assume it just means curled up in a ball. It means they are
highly reactive, rather than comfortable with themselves, and do NOT
need a "mommy" do not need to steal a real child's mommy to get one for
themselves.

As in arrested development?

Yes. Arrested development is one of the characteristics. Shocks during
childhood, such as the use of CP on the child that passes over that
line, the always so elusive line to pin down, can do that.

And according to what, at the time of the shock, was going on
develmentally...say a critical point in psychosexual development, that
is what will show up later as childish sexuality in an adult. You like
wearing baby clothes and a diaper?

And having a women whose child you drove out, take care of you?

As in some opposit

ional defiant kid

Often CP use will create oppositional defiant kids, but so can non CP
punishments. Children need to be supported and coached, and helped to
do their OWN learning. Not be trained like some cat being taught to do
dog tricks. Not coerced even in learning to control their own bodily
functions.

becoming some anti spanking zealot
for cathartic reasons?

No, most folks who grow up to be against spanking that were spanked
themselves, are a witness to the effects. Only they know what they had
to battle to mature and grow and become healthy again, as they were
born to be.

Folks that were not punished as children don't give it much thought,
unless it is part of their professional life. 0:-

I saw the results of the use of punishment instead of support and
coaching when I did mental health work with adolescents.

Why is this material only on nospank?

R R R R....why don't you stop with your ignorance while you are ahead,
and not ask such obviously erroneous questions?

If you weren't a narcissist you'd never trap yourself in such stupid
ways.

Alice Miller is all over the place.

Gosh, only in nospank, and: "Results 1 - 10 of about 13,700 for "Alice
Miller" child abuse"

Or possibly you were referring to something else, as in "wounded inner
child." You babble in your commonly nutso fashion (and I'm not kidding
here...just like patients I used to have) you miss it all.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&btnG= Search
Gosh only: "Results 1 - 10 of about 708 for "wounded inner child"."

Is Kane actually Jordan Riak, the "nospank" nut?

Are you planning on running through the entire planet and pinning each
poor soul with the awful Kane title?

I think you've tried Dan, a state worker in Oregon..or all of them, I'm
not sure, now Jordan. Why don't you write him and ask.

He might know who the mysterious hand belongs too in the infamous photo
of The Rod, which I provided. That's my hand. Ever seen that photo?

That switch is probably just what you wanted for your little girl
training, isn't it?

That one in the picture is one less out in the world. And will never
strike a child. In fact, I just might find you and use it on you. After
all if it's safe for use on a child why wouldn't it be okay to use it
on you childish adult?

Or would you consider that I was being and advocating violence?

If you don't figure out the irony get back to me you useless pitiful
twit.

(did that give yah a thrill, narcissist?)

0:-