Advice

Old April 28th 06, 05:02 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default Advice

I have been divorced for about 6 years. Oldest daughter is 15. She went
from an A- student, to a C-/D+ student in one year. Her attitude is awful,
she talks back all the time. She is skipping school, and recently, I found
pictures of her & alcohol on her myspace web page. These pictures were
taken in her mothers home.

Her mother is very defensive, and is more concerned with being my daughters
buddy, and with her own social life. Both my ex's sister and mother agree
with me that my ex is living vicariously through my daughter - and they have
tried their best.

I have legal custoday, and she has physical.

My goal is to get more time, and more influence with my daughter, but I
can't do so when I'm excluded from 99% of everything going on.

My question is, what should I do? Would the above sway a judge to giving me
more time with my daughter, so at least I can provide some adult
supervision, or do I have to wait until she's pregnant, and addicted to
heroin before the courts will act?

Old April 28th 06, 11:22 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Simpledog" wrote in message news:qtg4g.28715$HC3.17334@trnddc07...
[...]

If you have legal custody, you already have the legal right to make decisions for the child about education, religion,
and medical care. If your child is abusing a substance, why aren't you taking steps to obtain appropriate medical care
for her?

Old April 28th 06, 01:19 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Simpledog" wrote in message
[...]

This man posted April 1 with the same issues. Looks like he isn't jumping on
any action for his daughter.

Old April 28th 06, 11:46 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Tiffany" wrote in message news:GLn4g.32991$HC3.25476@trnddc07...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message ...

[...]

LOL!! Got it, thanks.