Orderd the crib today!

Old January 23rd 04, 06:06 PM
pcb

Default Orderd the crib today!

We went and ordered the crib and mattress today. I was so excited about
the whole thing! It's our first major purchase for the baby. I can't
wait to start setting up the room. Some people are surprised I haven't
done it yet, but I feel I still have lots of time and I don't want to
have things sitting around collecting dust and cat hair. I'm due April
4th.

How far in advance do you plan on setting up your baby things?

pcb

Old January 23rd 04, 06:15 PM
DeliciousTruffles

pcb wrote:

How far in advance do you plan on setting up your baby things?

There's really nothing for me to set up.

The change table is still up because of the twins and that's all we need.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old January 23rd 04, 07:03 PM
Jill

"pcb" wrote
How far in advance do you plan on setting up your baby things?

I feel nervous about doing it too far in advance in case something happens
but there is no getting around it being done ahead of time. (You can so it
after the baby is born, but since we had to order furniture in advance
anyway to allow time for ordering..may as well get it set up when it comes.

I am due in mid May. I hope to have the nursery painted and the border up
and the furniture moved in by the first week in March. I will be
accumulating hand me down items from now until May. I plan to go shopping
for any last minute items I lack by the last week in April, including
diapers, wipes, and supplies like that.

I hope to have the nursery completely decorated and accesorized (lamps,
pictures, crib dressings, valances..) by mid April.

Old January 23rd 04, 07:40 PM
Carol Ann

: We went and ordered the crib and mattress today. I was so excited about
: the whole thing! It's our first major purchase for the baby. I can't
: wait to start setting up the room. Some people are surprised I haven't
: done it yet, but I feel I still have lots of time and I don't want to
: have things sitting around collecting dust and cat hair. I'm due April
: 4th.
:
: How far in advance do you plan on setting up your baby things?

Congratulations! We really don't have any furniture to set up since we are
using my old furniture. But I think we should have the baby's room painted
and ready for the goodies by the end of January. This gives us still 6
weeks to get everything we need.

My mother wanted to wait until February to do anything just in case
something went wrong.

The problem in my situation is that the rooms I'm using are filthy and
unorganized. I have to literally remove everything out of the drawers and
closets and off the floor, clean the furniture, paint and border the walls
and clean the carpeting.

In my room (my mother's room actually) I have to remove all of my
stepfather's belongings (it's been nearly 3 years since he passed away),
organize my mother's things (piles and piles and piles of crap), clean
thoroughly, reorganize, put my clothes in the dressers (I've been living out
of suitcases and the floor for nearly 3 years), paint the
walls...........argh!!!!!

Taking a deep breath....I'll do the baby's room first, then, I'll pack away
my stepfather's stuff....then, I'll take baby steps until it is completed.

Yikes! What was the original question?

~Carol Ann
EDD Mar 22

Old January 23rd 04, 07:48 PM
Kat

"pcb" wrote in message
We went and ordered the crib and mattress today. I was so excited about
the whole thing! It's our first major purchase for the baby. I can't
wait to start setting up the room. Some people are surprised I haven't
done it yet, but I feel I still have lots of time and I don't want to
have things sitting around collecting dust and cat hair. I'm due April
4th.

How far in advance do you plan on setting up your baby things?

pcb

I finished putting stuff where it's suppose to go last weekend and I was 37
weeks. I am little bit of a procrastionator.
Kat
Mama tO Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 24th 04, 12:44 PM
Sophie

We don't really have anything to set up. The crib is still up from my
dd, but I need to get the uhm, stuff out of it that I've tossed in
there when I needed storage G.
We need to put the box spring frame for our bed up and the floor
frame, to get the mattress off the floor. That's about it.

Nan

Lol - same here, except *still up from my daughter* means 1998! We've
pretty much always had a baby in it so it just stays assembled, when we move
and it goes in the room the baby is either in, or the next baby will be in.
And it is great for storage in-between babies

Old January 24th 04, 07:19 PM
Jamie Clark

Sheila,
You've mentioned putting the snuggle nest on top of the dresser for changes,
which may well work, but it will involve moving it every time you need to
change the baby, especially for those middle of the night changes (unless
you change the baby on the bed) or for naps and back and forth. Also, the
snuggle nest may not be large enough to accommodate the baby as it
grows...you can purchase rounded changing table pads, for around $25, it
should last a long time, and you'll never have to worry about having the pad
on the table when you need it. Just a thought.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_guest,
Password: Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

so hopefully they will be happy sharing.

Old January 24th 04, 10:54 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Nan wrote:

We need to put the box spring frame for our bed up and the floor
frame, to get the mattress off the floor. That's about it.

We have that problem, too! We've been putting it off ever since we
bought our house, but now the issue is going to force itself on us. I
think I will have difficulty getting up later.

Toddler climbing out of crib steve General 5 July 24th 04 01:48 AM
The latest on Crib Bumpers? Usenet Fan General 6 June 27th 04 06:40 AM
Babee Tenda crib WARNING... Chris Haviland Pregnancy 6 February 19th 04 09:21 PM
Crib opinion Jill Pregnancy 43 December 2nd 03 09:12 PM
40 weeks today Alicia Elliott Pregnancy 7 August 9th 03 11:49 PM