weekly newspapers for children

Old May 3rd 07, 02:44 PM posted to misc.kids
Beliavsky

Default weekly newspapers for children

Do there exist weekly newspapers (in the U.S.) for elementary school
age children? ISTR that they existed when I was in school. I'd like to
subcribe to one for my son.

Old May 3rd 07, 04:16 PM posted to misc.kids
toto

http://www.weeklyreader.com/

http://www.studiesweekly.com/

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old May 3rd 07, 04:20 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article , toto says...

On 3 May 2007 06:44:58 -0700, Beliavsky wrote:

Do there exist weekly newspapers (in the U.S.) for elementary school
age children? ISTR that they existed when I was in school. I'd like to
subcribe to one for my son.

http://www.weeklyreader.com/

Wow.

Weekly Reader is *still* around. I remember it from the early '60s.

Banty

Old May 3rd 07, 04:56 PM posted to misc.kids
Caledonia

On May 3, 11:20 am, Banty wrote:
In article , toto says...

On 3 May 2007 06:44:58 -0700, Beliavsky wrote:

Do there exist weekly newspapers (in the U.S.) for elementary school
age children? ISTR that they existed when I was in school. I'd like to
subcribe to one for my son.

http://www.weeklyreader.com/

Wow.

Weekly Reader is *still* around. I remember it from the early '60s.

Banty

It's in color now, but on the same thin paper. Memories....

Caledonia

Old May 3rd 07, 05:01 PM posted to misc.kids
Barbara

On May 3, 11:20 am, Banty wrote:
In article , toto says...

On 3 May 2007 06:44:58 -0700, Beliavsky wrote:

Do there exist weekly newspapers (in the U.S.) for elementary school
age children? ISTR that they existed when I was in school. I'd like to
subcribe to one for my son.

http://www.weeklyreader.com/

Wow.

Weekly Reader is *still* around. I remember it from the early '60s.

Gawd, I hated that thing.

My son's school uses Time for Kids (,http://www.timeforkids.com/TFK/)
but I think its only published during the school year.

Barbara

Old May 3rd 07, 05:20 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On 3 May 2007 08:20:29 -0700, Banty wrote:

In article , toto says...

On 3 May 2007 06:44:58 -0700, Beliavsky wrote:

Do there exist weekly newspapers (in the U.S.) for elementary school
age children? ISTR that they existed when I was in school. I'd like to
subcribe to one for my son.

http://www.weeklyreader.com/

Wow.

Weekly Reader is *still* around. I remember it from the early '60s.

Banty

You old bat.

Early 70s for me ;-)

Nan

Old May 3rd 07, 07:29 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article , Nan says...

On 3 May 2007 08:20:29 -0700, Banty wrote:

In article , toto says...

On 3 May 2007 06:44:58 -0700, Beliavsky wrote:

Do there exist weekly newspapers (in the U.S.) for elementary school
age children? ISTR that they existed when I was in school. I'd like to
subcribe to one for my son.

http://www.weeklyreader.com/

Wow.

Weekly Reader is *still* around. I remember it from the early '60s.

Banty

You old bat.

Getting there...!

My most vivid memory of the Weekly Reader is in April 1964, when on the front
page was a huge picture of "our tornado" - one that had hit our town about two
weeks before that. (F5 on the old Fujita scale, killed seven..nothing to sniff
at) The (4th grade) teacher held up the Weekly reader, and we all cheered while
she rolled her eyes (kids, y'know ..) We recognized the picture immediately
from the front page of our local paper.

Then she passed it out as usual. The text described a "cloud with a tail",
which we thought was pretty hilarious.

We did look forward to the Weekly Reader as I recall (well, OK, at least *I*
did.)

Early 70s for me ;-)

Babyface

Banty

Old May 3rd 07, 10:00 PM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

Banty wrote:

In article , Nan says...

[...]

I remember it from the early 40s when I was in grade school, but it
has been around since 1928. I don't think I hated it but it took me
too short a time to read it and then I didn't have anything else to
do.

NRCFCPP Weekly wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 July 15th 04 04:29 PM
bi weekly OB appts Kim E. Pregnancy 18 June 10th 04 11:03 PM
IVF births more troubled: study (notice the short line length that ALL newspapers use) Naomi Pardue Pregnancy 0 January 27th 04 01:26 AM