potentially found a car

Old May 6th 07, 07:54 AM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Default potentially found a car

Get an assessment precisely because it's friends. That way if there are
problems you know about them, and if there aren't currently problems and
then something breaks, they've got a clear conscience and you can still be
friends with them.

That makes total sense, my husband, as always, doesn't want to spend money
on such a thing, but I think he sees that it's something we need to do and
our friends have made it totally clear that they want us to do that. We've
just got to figure out where to go to get this done!

Anne

Old May 7th 07, 04:21 AM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Anne Rogers wrote:
well it's taken time, but VW are buying back our car under the lemon
law and it goes back lunchtime on Monday.

Rather oddly, a friend has been unable to sell a car for no apparent
reason, we didn't even know for months, but it came up in
conversation when she didn't know we were returning ours and on
finding more information, it looks like it could be a good car for
us, the price is right and it has features I'm keen on, the one
remaining thing is to see if I can find out anything else about it,
I've looked on all the review sites and it does reasonably, so I
thought you guys might be able to help, it's a 2001 Mercury Sable,
wagon, I think the version with more trim - it has 2 seats in the
trunk, which would appear to fit kids car seats as they have regular
seatbelts and our car seats are not LATCH (though the car has this on
two seats, which is useful as we need a new seat soonish).
It's high mileage, but the interior and exterior look excellent
condition, particularly when you consider the mileage, it's over
110,000. This is one thing that concerns my husband, I'm less
concerned, one car we had was lower mileage than that, but not much,
but in poor condition externally and served us very well.

Any thoughts appreciated, we're not at all familiar with the Mercury
brand.
Anne

biggest problem with the Taurus/Sable is the transmission is the weak link
in the system.

I bought one that had receipt for transmission replaced. drove it 8 months,
and sold it for $300 more than I paid for it.

if the transmission has been replaced, you should be good to go

Hey I just found out... CME Single Parents 4 August 26th 05 11:14 PM
I found you!!!! [email protected] Twins & Triplets 0 March 10th 05 04:34 PM
Potentially Bad News Crystal Dreamer Pregnancy 35 March 29th 04 02:26 AM
Look What I Found Pregnancy 0 March 22nd 04 09:23 PM
Look What I Found Kids Health 0 March 22nd 04 09:12 PM