Barbara (Circe) is out of ICU (xpost)

Old July 10th 03, 01:51 AM
Truffles

Default From Circe herself! (xpost)

Circe wrote:

"Larry McMahan" wrote in message

Posts! We want posts!

When she can write (to us) then we know she is OK.

How's this, Larry? Ask and ye shall receive!

Seriously, thank you all for all your good thoughts, prayers, and
wishes.
I'm sure they helped. It was rough going there for a couple of days, but
I feel well enough now that I think they may spring me once they are
sure
I can do all my meds at home. I'm breathing well, although my chest
still
hurts a bit from where they pounded on me while I was in cardiac arrest.

We still really have no idea what brought on this sudden, severe attack.
I went from a mild asthma attack that is no biggie to complete pulmonary
arrest within about 10 minutes, so it's a little frightening to
contemplate a reoccurence, but the pulmonologist seems reasonably
confident that Advair (which is a combination steriod, serevent and
something else that escapes me) will do the trick and knock it back to
where I don't have to worry about this happening again.

Basically, I'm extremely lucky that a) I called 911 when I did and b)
the team that worked on me was awesome. Another 5 minutes and I
probably wouldn't be writing this post, either because I'd be dead or
brain-damaged. But none of that happened and, aside from a bit of chest
discomfort and leaden limbs, I feel right as rain. To quote _The
Princess
Bride_, I was just a little bit dead!

Kids were here this morning. Julian was thrilled to see Mommy (he woke
when the ambulance arrived, so he knew something was really wrong),
Vernon nursed like a fiend (he kept checking under my gown to be sure
they were still there g), and Aurora seemed subdued but pleased to
see me. So all is well. I hope to be home by tomorrow at the latest.
--
Be well, Barbara (not quite dead yet!)

Absolutely wonderful to see you post again!

You have to send off a message to misc.kids and alt.mothers as well.
They miss you too and are looking for updates.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old July 10th 03, 02:13 AM
Larry McMahan

In misc.kids.breastfeeding Circe wrote:
: "Larry McMahan" wrote in message
:

: Posts! We want posts!
:
: When she can write (to us) then we know she is OK.
:
: How's this, Larry? Ask and ye shall receive!

Thank God! (really) I can breathe again! :-)

Welcome back to the world of the living,
we missed you!

Larry
Old July 10th 03, 02:15 AM
lizzard woman

"Circe" wrote in message
news:62ba799e40b8690ae90a5a5dfa8da729.60995@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Larry McMahan" wrote in message

Posts! We want posts!

When she can write (to us) then we know she is OK.

How's this, Larry? Ask and ye shall receive!

Oh Barbara how harrowing!

I'm so glad you are better.

--
sharon, momma to savannah and willow (11/11/94)

Old July 10th 03, 03:11 AM
Alphawave

Barbara says:

So all is well. I hope to be home by tomorrow at the latest.

*Excellent* news. Whew! :-)

-- Alpha
alphawave at earthlink dot net
Old July 10th 03, 03:41 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Circe wrote:

I feel well enough now that I think they may spring me once they are
sure I can do all my meds at home.

Yay! I'm so glad to hear you're going to be all right.

Phoebe

Old July 10th 03, 04:33 AM
Laurie

Circe wrote in message
lgate.org...
[...]

Wow Barbara, I have chills reading your post. As a nurse in ICU, I know all
too well what you've just been through and how hard an ordeal it is, I can't
even imagine how your kids felt! How scary that it progressed so far, and I
hope the advair does wonders for you. I'm so glad you have such a strong
support system. How is your husband holding up?

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 27 months
and Christopher, 12 weeks

*This email address is now valid*

Old July 10th 03, 04:34 AM
Laurie

Larry McMahan wrote in message ...
In misc.kids.breastfeeding Circe wrote:
: "Larry McMahan" wrote in message
:

: Posts! We want posts!
:
: When she can write (to us) then we know she is OK.
:
: How's this, Larry? Ask and ye shall receive!

Thank God! (really) I can breathe again! :-)

Oh Larry, did you *really* mean to say THAT??????????

Old July 10th 03, 09:04 AM
A&G&K

"Circe" wrote in message
[...]

You just keep on getting better now y'hear
Glad to hear that you are on the mend.
Amanda

Old July 10th 03, 12:43 PM
Marion Baumgarten

Phoebe & Allyson wrote:

Circe wrote:

I feel well enough now that I think they may spring me once they are
sure I can do all my meds at home.

So happy to hear you are rapidly improving!!!

Marion Baumgarten